Main Menu

WANTED: 1970 barracuda with M46 option

Started by cuda hunter, February 01, 2017, 08:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Quote from: 198D13 on May 03, 2022, 06:35:16 AM
There is also one made on 910 and one on 821, both Detroit, the 821 is a convertible, both are D32 cars, because they come no other way.

#6 is a picture that I received from Ola.  Any other info on this vert?
5.  bh23G0B103821 Fy1 X9 821
6.  bh27N0B103832 Fe5 X9 821

These are the only 910's I have on my list.   
4.   bh23GoE103xxx ff4 f8 910
16. bh23L0B119545 Ev2 X9 910
I've not seen the 27 that has a 910 date.  Matter of fact I only have the one vert tag and minimal info.  I would love to add another 27 to the list.  I know there were  a few more out there as I have pictures of the cars. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

198D13

The 821 car is EV2 and an "L" code. Not many options, I'll dig up the info. tonight. Was sold new in WA and sometime later ended up in Alberta, Canada. Last I had heard, it was sold to someone near Detroit and made into a bogus 'cuda.
Bogus is such a good word, no question of what it means,......... FAKE. Clone is a useless word than can mean anything.

198D13

Y05 EN1
V3W A01 C55 L31 M46 R11
EV2 H6XW 000 821 017714
E61 D32 BH27 L0B 104592

As mentioned before, it is redundant for you to mention that an "L" code car comes with a D32 transmission. That is the ONLY transmission that you could get with that motor.

cuda hunter

Wow! Thanks for the info.    Where can I read the info that states that the L codes only came with automatic 727's?  Would like to add that to my information and have not seen that info, that I recall.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

198D13

The information is in your blue 1970 Plymouth Data Book, which of course you would have since you are obviously serious about documenting these cars.

anlauto

Quote from: 198D13 on May 13, 2022, 07:26:55 AM
The information is in your blue 1970 Plymouth Data Book, which of course you would have since you are obviously serious about documenting these cars.

Which of course we have a copy right here on our main site  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

198D13

Page four under: Specifications All Plymouth Models

cuda hunter

Adding this car and it's pictures to the wanted thread.  Would like info on this car.
It was located in Milwaukee at the Georgie Porgie show. 

BH23N0E102923 

The fender tag was apparently at home.  I received pics and info from a friend, who received it through a friend who took the pics.  One year it took for the car to show up again.  If anyone has info, please let me know.  I'll be trying to find this fella.

The last picture, is the only picture I received last year of this car.   If I can get a fender tag detail or a build sheet detail I will add this to the M46 list.  https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/the-m46-list/16415/15

Looks to be restored and the taping looks to be the reproduction tape.    FJ6   

198D13

Unless the colour is actually FJ5, not FJ6, something would not be correct about this car. FJ6 was introduced in late February 1970 along with FM3, that VIN is way too early for the FJ6 colour to have been available yet.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

Quote from: anlauto on July 24, 2022, 09:59:41 AM
Looks FJ5 to me :rubeyes:

Looks like FJ5 limelight not FJ6 sassy grass
Is it still in WI?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

cuda hunter

Ok. Cool.  I had no idea that fj6 was not available before February.

Does appear to be fj5.   

BH23N0E102923 Should fall in with #4 on the list.    If vin's made up order on the line, this car would be on the same assembly line. 
4.    bh23G0E102911  fc7    X9  908   D21       alive

Without the fender tag and or the door sticker we don't know when this car would have actually came off the line.  Hopefully, one day I will receive more info on the car. 
The owner, apparently asked if there is a registry for these cars.  Butt being 3 people removed my simple info was not transferred.  That's all good though! 

Flat hood

Vin appears to be unrestored, but removed and replaced on the dash pad.  Hence the circle mark on the right lower rivet.

Black grill.      Since the owner knows nothing of my writings here I am assuming that the
                      original grill for this car was a black grill and replicated for this restoration.
                     However, the red lines have been added (I believe). 
This is only the 3rd M46 I have record of that has wheel lip moldings.
  The other two cars that I have record of that have M26 option do not have M26 noted on the fender tag.  Would this code, M26 only have been available on the build sheet?
  Would this M26 option came on another possible option for the car? 

The car has belt moldings.  Top of door and bottom of rear side window.  Would that have been a specific option as well that came with another larger trim option? 
   This being option M31 that I have seen on fender tags I would expect to see M31 on the tag unless this came with another larger trim option.

E plant would have N95 on the fender tag and v1x twice. 

I would assume the rally wheels are incorrect for the car but the build sheet would be the only way to confirm that option.  Correct?

The rear window exterior trim is the louvered style of trim.  Textured (appears) and black.   

Both front fenders have Barracuda and 383 emblems.   
        Would that be correct for both fenders?

Pentastar is down in the black out on the passengers side.   
  I understand the passengers side is correct for the star, but is it supposed to be down in the black out or just above that?

It appears to have reproduction striping as the pictures I have of original striping are all wrapped around the doors and fenders so that you pretty much can not make out the end of the pin stripe from the exterior of the car. 

Black interior.  X9
Wood grain wheel. 
Painted mirrors both sides.    G31 and G33  Or would it be G36?
Dual down turn tips.  Being an N code, this could be factory, right? 

The scoop itself appears to either be the reproduction scoops from Scott Harms or they have received a considerable amount of primer under the black paint.
  Scott's reproduction scoops are grey plastic.  The two chips show grey coming through. 

I tried to call out Scott Harm's by the @ symbol but no luck.  I would like another set of his reproduction scoops.  I know someone needing a set, or one.  Would like to help out.

cuda hunter

Quote from: Skdmark on July 24, 2022, 11:01:06 AM
Quote from: anlauto on July 24, 2022, 09:59:41 AM
Looks FJ5 to me :rubeyes:

Looks like FJ5 limelight not FJ6 sassy grass
Is it still in WI?

As far as I know, yes.  It showed up once last year and I got that last picture.  This year it was there again and I got pics of it from the Georgie Porgie show.   I didnt take the pics. 

cuda hunter

I'm going to put down several M46's vin's and some info here on this wanted ad. (next post)
Mostly because I want information about these cars if anyone has anything.
These were given to me as apparently this is old information but hasn't been put out in the public view. 

These following vins and or information are only hearsay. I know nothing more than just a little bit of this info.  If any item is wrong, apologies.  Please correct me with proper documentation.

Thank you, the people who passed this info along to me.  This is the largest m46 grouping of information I have received since starting my search for these over 15 years ago. 
The info is very appreciated and valuable  (not $)  to me. 

larry4406

I had a chance to buy a set mid 1980's. I was buying an NOS trunk floor and the guy showed me the scoops and asked me if I was interested. I declined and thought he was smoking crack as I had never heard of them.

Seller was in Eastern Shore MD just over the bay bridge. His dad was a sheriff.