Main Menu

2019 Challenger

Started by chargerdon, July 17, 2019, 04:14:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chargerdon

Wow...sure is tempting...  Dodge right now (at least in the Raleigh, NC area) is giving a total of $5,000 cash incentives on the 2019 Dodge SXT V6 Challengers.  A local dealer is also offering around $2,500 dealer discount bringing the base model down into the $21,000-23,500 range.

Not bad for a roomy great looking car with 305 HP V6, 8 sp auto, power seats, dual auto climate control,  power mirrors, cruise, ABS traction control, rear view camera on 7" main center screen with both apple and android and bluetooth compatibility.   Console has both fuel economy, outside temp, and compass all built in.   The V6 on regular gas will do 0-60 in 6 sec flat and still get 30 mpg highway 23 combined.   

Hmmm wonder if they'll trade me even on my 66 Charger 383 4V, auto...   Hmmmm   

303 Mopar

Sounds like a good price.  Every time I think about buying a new one, the value hit you take right of the lot stops me.

anlauto

My wife and I love her 2017 V6 SXT PLUS  :inlove:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chargerdon

Quote from: 303 Mopar on July 17, 2019, 04:19:03 PM
Sounds like a good price.  Every time I think about buying a new one, the value hit you take right of the lot stops me.

True, but, if your looking for a "classic car look" in a modern daily driver, with those type of discounts there is nothing else new that even comes close to comparing.   Im 71..if i buy one and keep it 10 years at 81 i wont give a damn about the depreciation.

These cars are in the high end of least depreciation.   NADA lists a used 2014 challenger sxt with average (60,000) miles at $12,500 trade in and $15,500 retail...  so if you buy a new one at $22,500 keep it 5 years you will only lose about $10K...  heck a lot of cars lose that in the first year !!   

Last year my cousin in sept bought a new 2018 leftover that sticker-ed for $31K for $21,500...  He bought it for his son and intended to buy a 2 year old 2016-17, but, quickly realized that the difference between a New with end of year discounts, and used was only about $1-$2,000...easy decision.   

750-h2

I have an R/T and an SXT AWD. Love them both! But my 1970 will always be my favourite by far! :bigthumb:

blown motor

@750-h2 Is your SXT a 15? It looks exactly like mine.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

750-h2

@blown motor , the one in the picture is. I replaced that one last September with a red 2019 GT plus AWD. Here is a pic of it when it arrived at the dealership.

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: 750-h2 on July 18, 2019, 02:58:00 PM
@blown motor , the one in the picture is. I replaced that one last September with a red 2019 GT plus AWD. Here is a pic of it when it arrived at the dealership.

I'm envious. They gave the GT the old SRT hood. I love the scoop.

I'm sure you will love the AWD once winter comes. Congrats on the purchase!

70chall440

I have a 2010 RT classic PCP 6 spd and absolutely love it. Thought many times about selling off some of the old cars and getting a Hellcat or something but I just cannot do it, love the Challenger and Cuda, as well as the 70 RR I am building now.
Mopar or no car!!!