Main Menu

71 TX9 HEMI Challenger on ebay

Started by Skdmark, June 15, 2017, 03:24:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

There is a TX9 71 HEMI Challenger that is claiming to be original paint on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-Challenger-Galen-Govier-Documented-Matching-Numbers-426-Hemi-/182621727861?hash=item2a851a6c75:g:j9sAAOSwjRpZQg~q&vxp=mtr

If this is true....
Why is there the D O D G E lettering on the hood and an R/T emblem on the trunk?

Anyone have a pic of the fender tag for this car?
I was curious to see if it was a stripe delete car too.
The fender tag is not clearly shown in the ad.
There is just an off angle picture with the GG report.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Cuda Cody

Why post they have a Galen Govier report, but then not share the report?  Looks like a very cool car, but over my pay grade.

JH27N0B

That car has been advertised off and on for a number of years.  It went through one of the major auctions about a year ago too IIRC.
A well known survivor GY9 71 hemi Challenger sold at Mecum Kissimmee last year for over 600K.
Makes me suspicious as to why this black one hasn't sold.  Anyone interested should certainly do their homework and talk to experts before shelling out 400K, to make sure there's no skeletons in it's closet! :alan2cents:

Skdmark

I bet the car had an early in life repaint and possible hood change. Too many things out of place in my opinion.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

JS29

You would think for half a million they would install an inspection cover on the bell housing!  ::)

Cuda_mark

Quote from: JS29 on March 14, 2019, 07:06:58 AM
You would think for half a million they would install an inspection cover on the bell housing!  ::)

Or at least make up a story about how it was documented to have left the factory without one!

JS29

Quote from: Cuda_mark on March 14, 2019, 08:43:02 AM
Quote from: JS29 on March 14, 2019, 07:06:58 AM

Or at least make up a story about how it was documented to have left the factory without one!
:haha:

716bbl

Anyone seriously interested in this car,  I can put You in touch with 3 of the previous owners from around 1975 up.
Originally from Joplin,Mo.
Carbs aren't original to the car.
Trans is not the factory assembly line trans.
The right sail panel was dented on it when I looked at it in 78.
Had a TA glass hood on it when it left Joplin.
A lot of $$$ for an altered piece.
I walked away from it in 78.
Good luck