Started by Bpret, March 11, 2019, 05:31:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Final price $46,555.  Reserve not met! :dunno:

ragtopdodge

Here's a rendition what it COULD look like:

aussiemark

340challconvert

Just as a point of reference; A Hemi Challenger; automatic, w the A32 axle package sold in Phoenix this month in lime/black for $101,200.
The synopsis did not list any information about "original" drive train. If you do not have the original engine/trans. is this what a hemi-Challenger might be worth?  4 sp usually is a price. premium. Anyway for the $101K, this car was already done up.

Another hemi-Challenger in blue/black, automatic is coming up for auction in May at Indy Mecum.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

750-h2

If an R code E body only pulls $100,000 it is safe to assume it has some serious issues.

RUNCHARGER

I passed on a complete Hemi, 4 speed Challenger this year that was local for a bit less than $100k. It was a project that I had second thoughts about, I'm glad I passed on it now.
Sheldon

750-h2

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2019, 07:08:44 AM
I passed on a complete Hemi, 4 speed Challenger this year that was local for a bit less than $100k. It was a project that I had second thoughts about, I'm glad I passed on it now.

RUNCHARGER, would that be the sublime car that is presently being featured in Chrysler Power magazine? In the article they state that it is a recent barn find out of western Canada. Looks like a very decent car, but definitely needs lots of TLC.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

bcbassfishing

Did he finally pick the exhaust manifolds off the ground?  IF it's in the same spot, its been there along damn time.

RUNCHARGER

I believe it is in Sask now Derek. Neat car but it takes a lot of $$$ to  bring them back these days and it will never be numbers matching.
Sheldon

bcbassfishing

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 20, 2019, 08:53:13 PM
I believe it is in Sask now Derek. Neat car but it takes a lot of $$$ to  bring them back these days and it will never be numbers matching.

Good to hear someone pulled that thing out of there... I remember looking at it 20 years ago now and it needed help then.  Was not for sale at the time (gonna fixr up ya know)

RUNCHARGER

I agree: At least it will get saved now. A Chevy guy flipped it and had started to take it apart. I told him to leave it together rather than lose parts and such.
Sheldon

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 12, 2019, 10:16:58 PM
Yes, I owned that car for a few years.  The original owner that I bought it from (and is the guy who is now selling it) had bought it back from me.  It's a great project that is really solid.  I would be happy to tell anyone more details that is thinking of buying it.  The unstamped Hemi I have is the engine that I was going to put in it, but the original owner that bought it back did not want the engine that I had so I kept it.  Overall it's a super cool project.  I've kicked around the idea of buying it back again.

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 12, 2019, 09:59:10 AM
I thought @Cuda Cody bought it when it made the rounds on eBay a couple years ago   8)

Now it all makes sense! At first I thought that it was pretty unbelievable that not one, but TWO primered EF8 green 4-speed Hemi Challenger RT rollers were hiding out in little Waterloo Illinois. Then I saw a post by @benlavigne over on facebook that redirected back over to here only to find out that it IS the same car that @Cuda Cody picked up (and tore his bicep tendon up on) a few years ago. I thought that it was too coincidental that not one, but TWO Hemi Challenger RT rollers could be in that small town. Thanks Benoit for bringing me back around to see this thread.  :bigthumb:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

benlavigne

@RzeroB : I always try to redirect people to the forum so they have access to the best info!

Ben