Main Menu

A Big Thanks To Barry Washington

Started by floorit426, May 01, 2019, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

My respect to all, regardless of human disagreements.  I always try to see both sides and remain respectfully neutral.  There are some great people, some that I have become friends with that each offer great contributions to this awesome hobby. That being said, I've never found a better resource for instant communication and sharing than right here.  In Barry's honor, his hard work and dedication have provided me with concise documentation on my JS23U0B dating back to 1976.  He not only had a file on it, but went to great lengths to verify I wasn't a fake. He even quipped "this was meant to be, you're claim number 426".   I'm also hunting my original JS23U0B that I gave up in '88. My search has turned up nothing and I grieve over it. Hearing he helped find one based on mere description, I plan to reach out to him now too as I don't have the full vin, but it had some odd options that may help. I appreciate this post and the civil openness of this group. Great people in this hobby!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

floorit426

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 07, 2019, 09:50:00 AM
My respect to all, regardless of human disagreements.  I always try to see both sides and remain respectfully neutral.  There are some great people, some that I have become friends with that each offer great contributions to this awesome hobby. That being said, I've never found a better resource for instant communication and sharing than right here.  In Barry's honor, his hard work and dedication have provided me with concise documentation on my JS23U0B dating back to 1976.  He not only had a file on it, but went to great lengths to verify I wasn't a fake. He even quipped "this was meant to be, you're claim number 426".   I'm also hunting my original JS23U0B that I gave up in '88. My search has turned up nothing and I grieve over it. Hearing he helped find one based on mere description, I plan to reach out to him now too as I don't have the full vin, but it had some odd options that may help. I appreciate this post and the civil openness of this group. Great people in this hobby!

I was in the same boat, as you. No VIN, not even a license plate #. It took a few years, but the car finally showed up, from out of the woodwork. Even more surprising is that it showed up from half way across the country. Good Luck!

Chryco Psycho

Great that you found it & the car is Ok !
Do you want it back , any chance you can get it ?
The vintage racing picture is cool !

floorit426

We both have always wanted to get it back. But, it is so different now, that returning it back to the way it was would be expensive, and kind of a waste of what looks to be a very nice car. The AAR, in the picture, was my best friend's wife's car.

Arctoad

I as well have to say that without Barry I would have zero contacts for a potential lead on my original T/A motor. I just don't know how not only him but all on this site find the time to really give others like myself the history lessons and key information.
Thanks Barry and all!
Arctoad  :slapme5:

7E-Bodies

@floorit426 After reading your success story, I contacted Barry as well as I have a very similar issue with a 70 and no vin.  Mine is an oddly equipped quad green 440 u code car. He replied quickly and said I'd need the vin. I'd gladly dig through the registry because it'd stand out by its options alone, but I don't see how I'd get to look at his list. I'd assume it's kept out of sight. Could you enlighten me?  Am I missing a link or search engine in his website?

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

floorit426

In my case, the saving grace , were the unusual color and vinyl top. He said there were a couple of potential matches, so I gave him my email address and asked him to pass it along. He never made me privy to anyone's personal info, or anything. It did take a few years, though.