Main Menu

Drag Week 2017 wooot!

Started by Marc70challenger, March 04, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

Hey @jimynick Ian!! Thanks man. Was quite an oddessy. Lol. And now another starts.

We're leaving for Cordova probably Friday now.  Take time loading and making sure we kit the trailer right we're pulling with Barracuda. Arrive early Saturday morning - chill, get cold valve lash reading (checked and adjusted today hot @ .022) and meet some buddies rolling in.

Will try post some pics as we roll during week. I definitely get some videos.

Hotrod.com does a daily live feed. You can see the repertoire of cars and hits.

Got her all cleaned up yesterday.

Cuda Cody

Any pics that you can share along the way would be greatly appreciated.  Looking forward to hearing how you do.   Good luck!  :popcorn:

Brads70

:banana:  Leaving here at 10am to head to the airport, see you soon!  :veryexcited:

blown motor

You'll be like a kid in a candy store Brad. Safe travels boys.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

303 Mopar

Have a great trip and best of luck!!   :cooldance: :bravo:

Rev-It-Up

Wow!  This sounds like a fun trip for sure!  Send us pictures  :takepicture:
Rev-It-Up

anlauto

Wonder if you'll see these guys ? :thinking:
Be sure to get a picture of Brad in drag for us  :takepicture:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Just PM the picture directly to Alan. I do not want to see that!  :stop:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Quote from: blown motor on September 06, 2017, 01:15:57 PM
Just PM the picture directly to Alan. I do not want to see that!  :stop:
LOL! Sure you do Murray! It'll look good stuck up on the windshield of the combine, eh?  :D
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

That will be a memorable experience, have fun!
Sheldon

Marc70challenger

845 mile drive done!  In Clinton, IA   Early reveille tomorrow morning.

Brads70

Having a blast. Driven thru 7 states today. The motel is filling up with cool cars.

Cuda Cody

Oh man, I'm looking forward to updates to this thread.   :lurking:

Marc70challenger

We got up at 4am - Our group had heard of 4am but wasn't too familiar. (Brads words).  Tech started at 8am.

Got in tech line early and we were out by 1030.  They opened track by 11am. First run was motor run - shifting 6500 and ran 12.22 at 109 mph. Second run ran it up to 7k - 11.17 at 125mph.  All foot braking .. 60 ft of 1.9.  So leaving a ton on line/launch. 

Been 26 years since last time on a track. And never had transbrake before ... so will give few more runs before hitting the button. But will be interesting what that gets us.

Few pics here. Try to get GoPro in car tomorrow - but our pick-up truck is at local dealership (won't start). So tomorrow will be fun trying to makes runs, wife dealing with how she will follow in what, etc.    what a CF. lol

jimynick

Best lookin' car in the bunch! Glad to hear you boys made it in one piece, too! Let's hope the mechanical gremlins have decided to pick on your pickup, Mark and not the 'Cuda. It sounds like quire a deal and I can imagine the big SE'ing grin on Brad's face as well. LOL Roll on lads and good luck!  :yessir:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"