Finally find an M-code and guess what

Started by HP_Cuda, January 13, 2017, 10:25:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Wow that's an odd duck...or bird...I guess.....

We had a white one around here with blue interior...I always liked that combo, green not so much.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Roadman

Ran across a 70 Cuda at Mecum today, Murray @blown motor  took picks he will post.  440 6 pack, 4 speed, convertible. Car had Ontario plates.  Black, with Black hockey stripes, white top, BLUE interior.  All documented, 1 of 2 built .   

HP_Cuda

Found some info which makes me scratch my head around the A12 Roadrunner:

Sold as a $462.80 option on the base $2,945.00 Road Runner, the A12 was a popular choice. Production of the A12 Road Runner finished after 615 were built, 227 with automatics and 388 with 4-speed manuals. Color options for the Road Runner included Performance Red, Bahama Yellow, Rallye Green and Vitamin C Orange. Later in production all the Dodge colors became available and some were finished in White, Limelight and Sunfire Yellow. Interior was restricted to just black or white with an option vinyl top.

So how did this guy with a White M-code A12 Roadrunner get a green interior?

anlauto

I've never heard that interior info before :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ChallengerHK

My attitude would be that there's a difference between what was officially offered and what could be ordered. Back in the day a salesman could call the factory and ask that anything that would physically fit be installed, whether or not the order sheet had a check box for it.

fc7cuda

I knida like the color combo, anything different now-a-days is kinda refreshing.   :alan2cents:

As mentioned above, if someone wanted it, by golly the salesman would get it ordered.  :bigthumb:

Tom

HP_Cuda

On one hand it's pretty rare if its real but on the other hand I'm not a fan of green interiors.

The other possibility is that it's a fake but who know they only made 1300 or so and half that are 4 speeds

the_cuda_guy

I actually think that combo sounds great! 

Checked the link saw the pics, that car is badass and I love the white with green interior!

Don
Member Since 29 January 2017

HP_Cuda

I would have even gone for a white interior but not dark green.

Can't bring myself to even call this guy but still looking.

RUNCHARGER

Nothing wrong with green, too bad it's not a bench seat car though.

Sheldon
Sheldon