Main Menu

My AAR project

Started by 6Pack70, November 06, 2018, 03:34:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6Pack70

Just a couple updates.  E.C.S. carpet installed, along with the original cleaned up seats and a set of Phoenix Graphics stripes.  Yesterday was the first sunny warm day in a while. Good day to clean the garage floor.

6Pack70

Couple more

6Pack70

Engine build coming soon.   :banana:

Floyd

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

6Pack70

Thanks guys 😁 I have a bunch of photos from the 5 hours it took me to install the stripes ( I'm  a rookie on AARs) but I didn't wanna bore anyone lmao
They came out nice for a first timer. My only complaint is Pheonix uses white carrier paper so you have no choice but to trim the decals pretty close so you can get accurate measurements for final placement.  Not a big deal until you keep squeegee ing over the now tightly trimed decal and putting tiny marks from the plastic squeegee on the paint.  I buffed them out but i wasn't expecting that to happen in a couple spots. 

GCragtop

Tunis

JS29

:drooling: You say the seats are original.  :1place:

6Pack70

As bizzare as it sounds..... yes, they are the original seats.  I was off work Christmas week, so each day I cleaned the seats like crazy....removed the tracks, dipped them in solvent to clean all the old grease out, glass beaded and repainted them. New heavy grease and now they glide like new.  Seat belts were soaked in a bucket of hot Dawn dish soap and scrubbed. Hinged covers repainted in Sems Trim Black.  I'm gonna be sending a core set of belts out for restoration and new webbing but these originals will do for now. 👍👍

JS29

@6Pack70 I don't know were in NY you are, but the weather in my neck of the woods way not that nice to pull the car out. rainy and damp.   :yes:

6Pack70

Haha...pics were from Sunday.  I'm about 10 min from Albany.  I think we're about 2 hours apart buddy   :cheers:

JS29

Ya About 90miles sounds about right. Sunday we had 50mile per hour winds.  :handshake: