Main Menu

Need Some Advice on Selling my Project

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, September 10, 2024, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

#1 rule: Your car/project is worth what someone will pay for it.

Valuing a project is always a fun exercise. Start with what the car would sell for once complete and close to original as possible. Your car is very desirable! Next, how much $ required to get it back to original? Paint and bodywork is $20 to $40k alone.

The main items holding your car back from max value is the non original engine and the missing fender tag. Those two things are pretty important to a highly desirable car like yours. Your car, if original, is a $100 to $150k car? With a non matching engine and missing fender tag, closer to $100k.

My estimate is at least $50 to get it back to original. So, your project would be worth $40k to $50k max. That would include the Dana rearend and other items called out on the BS. Extra parts could be sold separately.  :alan2cents:

DeathProofCuda

If you are considering sitting on it, why not just slap it back together enough to be drivable?  Even if that means putting the fiberglass front end back on.

Get it out on the road, enjoy thrashing it a bit, and maybe it will sell itself.  :burnout:

Xghobo

I would put it together running on the road and stash it for a while. I think if it's running and driving your smile comming home will buy the car another year and then re evaluate. As far as $ goes it will probably be worth more in parts but that will take a lot of time away from your family obligations. Another issue is good parts are getting harder to find so if you sell everything it will be much harder to gather parts for another project down the road. I hate getting rid of a car if I don't replace it. Good luck

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on September 14, 2024, 01:28:52 PMIf you are considering sitting on it, why not just slap it back together enough to be drivable?  Even if that means putting the fiberglass front end back on.

Get it out on the road, enjoy thrashing it a bit, and maybe it will sell itself.  :burnout:

Fiberglass front is gone already - it is really about having the money to help my folks for long term care.  I think I am going to have the front sheet metal (hood, fenders, valence, header panel) soda blasted, get the metal work don on the fenders and get it put together.  From there I will see what it may be worth.  Just need to find the time, and a few bucks to get it done.

I do appreciate all the input, especially from people who have restoration experience.  I have a little time so going to try to really put in the effort to get the car back together.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

torredcuda

Quote from: headejm on September 14, 2024, 08:56:23 AM#1 rule: Your car/project is worth what someone will pay for it.

I disagree with this - sure it takes one seller and one buyer to agree on a price and make a deal but that doesn`t mean it was actual market value, some buyers pay too much, others get a bargain, some sellers ask too much, some sell too cheap. Value to me is an average of what similar items are selling for at the time, it is how real estate, vehicles and anything of value is appraised whether for insurance, selling etc.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/