Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

406? 413? 419? Terry? ... Anyone?

Going once ...  :help:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 21, 2017, 09:33:45 PM
When EF8 is done right is looks fantastic!   :inlove:

There's a reason it sold so well back in the day.... I only owned one EF8 car but I drooled over many....

fc7cuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 29, 2017, 12:33:41 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 21, 2017, 09:33:45 PM
When EF8 is done right is looks fantastic!   :inlove:

There's a reason it sold so well back in the day.... I only owned one EF8 car but I drooled over many....

:iagree:  Sometimes it doesn't get the love it deserves, but done right in the sun  :bradsthumb:

750-h2

Recently saw a 2018 Challenger in EF8. GORGEOUS!!! :bigthumb:

RzeroB

Quote from: cuda hunter on October 28, 2017, 08:57:56 PM
Quote from: RzeroB on October 23, 2017, 04:09:00 PM
406? 413? 419? Terry? ... Anyone?

Going once ...  :help:

:popcorn:

Gone!  Guess we'll never know??

Continuing on with our October built cars our next selection is presented in a very fall-like color of FK5 Deep-Burnt-Orange.

BS23R0B157065 is 1 of only 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 284 with a 4 speed. It is finished in FK5 Deep-Burnt-Orange with V6X black "Hockey Stick" stripes and a H6X9 black vinyl interior.

Like a good number of these cars, 157065 is a former Super-Stock race car. From the fender tag we can see that there are not a lot of extra frills on this car, but it does have what you would need for a bad-to-the-bone Super-Stocker to include the A34 Super Track Pack 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package to make it go and the B51 Power Disc Brakes to make it stop. As a former race car it racked up a good bit of it's mileage a quarter mile at a time so it only has a little over 12,000 miles on the clock. Equally impressive, if not more so for a former race car, is the fact that it still has it's numbers matching drivetrain in it!

This Deep-Burnt-Orange beauty was restored back to like-new condition and was offered for sale for by John Meyer through his Happy Days Dream Cars business of Kansas City MO. Apparently the restoration on it was very good with Sports Car Digest (they review collector car auction results) remarking "Recent restoration, 2+ condition. Restored better than new, fresh, sharp and clean. An eye-catching example. It is a superior car in every respect." Nice write up!

John sent the car to auction a couple of times, but as far as I know, it did not sell through them as it never reached his reserve. Here is a link to Mecum's 2013 Indy Spring Classic auction that the car participated in ...

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0513-154116/1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda/

Where and with whom the car eventually went to I do not know ... do you??

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

6bblgt

I think Super/Stock racecar is "bragging the car up" a bit!  Un-cut & barely modified, limited to headers & battery in the trunk - maybe a "boulevard bruiser" back in its day.  Original paint up until ~10 years ago.  Spent many years parked next to this, both unrestored in northeast Ohio.
:wowzers:

RzeroB

Happy Halloween!!  How about a little Halloween treat??

Would you rather have a Snickers ... or a pumpkin orange (okay, it's really Vitamin-C ...) HemiCuda as your treat??

And this one was a former SS/DA race car too!!

I thought so!! Me too!!

BS23R0B159372, aka "Sun Kissed 'Cuda", is 1 of only 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 368 with an automatic. It is finished in EK2 Vitamin-C with a V1X black vinyl top and a H6X9 black vinyl interior. It was bought new in Rochelle NJ by Percy Johns, and raced throughout the northeast as a SS/DA Super Stocker.

From the fender tag we can see that before it became the "Sun Kissed 'Cuda," this car was originally a nicely equipped HemiCuda with options that included: A01 Light Group Package, A04 Basic Group Package, A32 Super Performance 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, A62 Rallye Gauge Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, an unusual M91 Luggage Rack and the rockin' R11 AM Radio. Also note that there is no C16 Center Console code, and with this car being an automatic, that would imply that the shifter was on the column.

In this pic we can see the gear indicator still on the steering column.

"Sox and Martin"?? What's that about?? Percy sent the big Hemi off to the Sox and Martin shop to be rebuilt to Super Stock specs to include a custom "Rat Roaster" (love that name!) intake. Percy raced the car throughout the northeast until a rules change in 1975 mandated that the car be equipped with a welded in roll-cage and other safety equipment. Instead of cutting the car up to install the cage, Percy elected to "retire" the car from sanctioned racing.

The car was present at the 2012 MCACN show in Chicago, but who owns it now, I do not know.

Cheers!
Tom

6bblgt

at 18, Percy wanted to buy a 427 Cobra at a local NJ Ford dealership, his dad wouldn't co-sign - he ended up with the hemi'cuda!

about 10 years ago Percy put ~20 miles on the car - here in Las Vegas on I15  :yes: as pictured

cancer got Percy in April '16  :andyangel: RIP big guy!

Chryco Psycho

6bblgt

Yes, Percy Johns was the original owner/racer of the "Sun Kissed 'cuda" - car is currently in Iowa

Cudagirl3406

Forget the Snickers.... no question - the Hemi Cuda!  :veryexcited:
Cool pics!

RzeroB

November ... sure it's starting to get cold ... but we have plenty of hot cars that were scheduled to be built during the eleventh month of the year.

First up is the first Hemi E-body acquired by west coast collector Wade Ogle. BS23R1B199869 is 1 of only 107 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 59 with a 4-speed. It is finished in the very rare combination of FC7 In-Violet with a V1W white vinyl top, V6W white "billboard" stripes and a H6XW white vinyl interior.

One of the things that Wade Ogle does that I think is super cool, is to display these informational placards with his cars. He puts the car's options, pertinent details and even the VIN on the placards for all to see (I don't know what all the "secrecy" is about VINs, but I'm glad Mr. Ogle doesn't mind sharing his). These display placards that he shows with his cars provide almost as much information as seeing the actual fender tag - how cool is that?!  :twothumbsup:  From the placard for this car, we can see that it came equipped with the A34 Super-Track-Pack 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, A62 Rallye Gauge Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, G36 dual painted Sport Mirrors and S77 Power Steering among other cool things.  :ohyeah:

Despite this car's unique color combination, reportedly when Mr Ogle acquired it, it was painted ... flat-black!  :unbelievable:  But ... fortunately it still had all of it's original sheet metal and the factory white interior was complete and intact. The car was fully restored and below is a pic of it when Mr Ogle brought it and some of his other cars to Northern California's Mopar Alley Rallye spring show at Ohlone Community College back in 2010.

Cheers!
Tom

anlauto

I met Wade at MCACN in 2015....Super nice guy and he completely blew me away when he said that he knew who I was and had visited my web site several times :unbelievable:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That 71 is OMG fantastic.   :inlove:  :inlove:  :inlove:  :1place:  :perfect10: