Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

November 28th ... a day, that according to a very reputable Nordic source, a '70 Hemi Challenger RT convertible was scheduled to be built. According to our reliable source, the VIN on the prestigious car should be JS27R0B200163.

Never heard of it? You are not alone. This car is has been been MIA, a vapor in the wind, with no one having seen it, let alone know of it's whereabouts, in decades. It is even more enigmatic and shrouded in mystery than the rarely seen EV2 Hemi Challenger convertible hiding out in Canada - and not many people have ever actually seen that car - but it does exist.

According to legend, JS27R0B200163 is reportedly FE5 Bright Red in color, with a H6X9 black vinyl interior and a V3W white convertible top - and that is all that I know about it. Is it still out there somewhere? Our tall source says that it is not a tall-tale and that it does still exist ... somewhere. Is someone sitting on it claiming that they are going to (say it with me) "restore it someday"? Are they waiting for their "ship to come in" with a huge offer? Is it tied up as part of some kind of contentious legal battle? Or is stashed away somewhere, forgotten and all alone just waiting to be discovered? As the X-files Agent Mulder would say to his partner Agent Scully ... "the truth is out there ... somewhere"

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

I kind of got ahead of myself with that last post ... chronologically that is. I wanted to post this before the one I previously posted yesterday about the enigmatic Hemi Challenger 'vert. Anyway, we traveled out of town to an old friends place for Thanksgiving. With Thanksgiving, you reflect on things you are thankful for and appreciate. On the way back home I decided that I wanted to show my appreciation for something that I am thankful for. Besides the obvious things such as my family, my health my friends, my country and of course E-bodies.org (thanks Cody!) ... I wanted to acknowledge someone who has been a HUGE help to me with this little Hemi of the Week project we have going ... Mr Wade Ogle. The guy is a true gentleman, a wealth of knowledge and an absolute class act. Just wanted to throw some "props" out here for him ... THANKS Wade!  :thankyou:  :clapping:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Hemi E-body convertibles - the "Holy Grail" so to speak of muscle cars. With so few made, they are obviously rare, very exclusive, often revered and capture our attention wherever a "real" one is found. Case in point, the 2015 MCACN Hemi E-Body Convertible Invitational display was almost surreal with 27 of the cars in attendance. So with that, we go from the previously mentioned "ghost" Hemi Challenger RT JS27R0B200163 to one of the cars that is less shy and certainly more well known. Without further ado here is our last November built (scheduled to be built that is) car for the month BS27R0B212172.

On display as part of the 2015 MCACN Hemi E-Body Convertible Invitational display. The car is now owned by The Brothers Collection and here it is sandwiched between their triple-black "Herlitz" executive car and their Alpine-White last '70 HemiCuda 'vert made. It is 1 of only 18 1970 Hemi Cuda convertibles ever made. 1 of 14 made for the U.S. market and of those, 1 of 9 with an automatic. It is finished in the striking color combination of EK2 Vitamin C with a H6X9 black interior and a V3X black convertible top.

This car is the only Hemi E-Body convertible that was finished in the High-Impact color of EK2 Vitamin-C. The black interior and convertible top sharply contrast with the vivid Vitamin-C paint making for a striking visual statement. This statement is further accentuated by the black Hockey-Stick stripes although the car originally came with V5X black vinyl side moldings. For options, It is equipped with the A01 Light Group Pkg, A32 Super Performance 4:10 geared Dana axle Pkg, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, G31/G33 Chrome Sport Mirrors and a R22 AM/8-Track Radio among other things.

Before the 2015 MCACN Hemi E-Body Convertible Invitational, a good number of these cars held a "practice" meet 10 years earlier at the prestigious 2005 Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance in ... Plymouth Michigan no less - how fitting! I'm not sure how the owners pulled it off as that show is dominated by pre-WWII cars. Nonetheless, there they were in a circle of vivid colors mixed in among the old iron.

Same show, but a view from the other side showing some of the other cars that were in attendance with it. This show and pictures were taken before The Brothers Collection acquired the car at the 2006 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction. They're challenging to try and make out, but can you identify the three guys standing behind the trunk??

Cheers!
Tom

Cudino

Quote from: RzeroB on November 29, 2017, 03:32:51 PM
THANKS Wade!  :thankyou:  :clapping:
My pleasure Tom!  And Wow, thanks for the kind words.  It was great at MCACN a few weeks ago to FINALLY meet the man behind the Hemi E-body of the Week project, you lived up to all expectations.  Keep up the fantastic work, and looking forward with great anticipation to your future posts!

- Wade

RzeroB

December ... somehow the whole month of December seems to be all about Christmas. Breaking out the decorations ... putting up the tree ... stringing up the lights hoping that they all work (aaarrrggghhh!! :pullinghair:) ... getting together with family, friends, coworkers, etc ... oh, and of course shopping - lots of shopping!  :Thud: 

So what are you shopping for? We get blitzed with advertisements for us to get out there and shop for everything from trinkets to cars.  :bricks:  You all have seen the buy a car for Christmas commercials like the "Lexus a December to Remember" ones right?

PLEASE! If you want to shop for a car for Christmas go BIG or go home! Your significant other doesn't want a Lexus with a big red bow on it do they? No! For a real "December to Remember" get them a what they're really dreaming  about - a Hemi E-body like this beautiful '70 Hemi Challenger RT!   :wowzers:

This is JS23R0B203992, 1 of only 287 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 137 with a 4-speed. It is beautifully finished in FC7 Plum-Crazy with V6W white RT stripes, a V1X black vinyl top and a H6X9 black vinyl interior.

As we can see from the fender tag, this beauty may not be the most loaded Hemi Challenger RT out there, but it sure does pack a punch with the D21 4-speed and A34 Super Track Pack 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package among other nice things. And appropriately for a Christmas gift, it was scheduled to be built in December (C01) too!

Check out that interior - it looks brand new!

The undercarriage looks equally brand new!

This Hemi Challenger RT would make anyone go "Plum-Crazy" if they peeked outside the window on Christmas morning and saw it sitting there with a big red bow on top of it's roof!  :banana:  And you would forever receive their undying adulation and appreciation for the rest of their life!  :worship:

Where can I find a Hemi Challenger RT to gift wrap and bestow upon my favorite person you might ask? I have good news! This beauty is available for sale, and can be found at RK Motors in Charlotte NC. Originally listed at $239K, it has been deeply discounted with 50K knocked off - yes, 50K! - to a low, low Christmas special price of only $189K! Crazy talk?  :crazytalk:  I don't think so. Bang it here to see RK Motors advertisement for this car and then RUN, don't walk, to pick-up this beauty and have it delivered to your driveway in time for Christmas! https://www.rkmotors.com/vehicles/2459/1970-dodge-challenger-r-t
Cheers!
Tom

Chryco Psycho

Sweet , only a few K short though , like 188 k

Cuda Cody

I love flipping back over these pages and just admiring all these awesome cars.   :worship:

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 03, 2017, 11:20:28 PM
I love flipping back over these pages and just admiring all these awesome cars.   :worship:

:iagree:  this whole thread is awesome and not even done yet.  :takealook:  It eventually will probably belong with the other resource materials for future admiration/notes of HEMI E-bodies.   :alan2cents:

RzeroB

Our next entry was also scheduled to be built on the same day (C01 (December 1st)) as the Hemi Challenger RT shown previously. This is BS23R0B202493, 1 of only 652 HemiCudas made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 368 with an automatic. Like the Challenger, it too is finished in the High-Impact color FC7 In-Violet but instead of a black interior, the HemiCuda has a PRXW white leather interior.

This HemiCuda is loaded with a lot of options thus necessitating the need for two fender tags. From the tags we can see that this HemiCuda originally came equipped with the A01 Light Group Package, A21 Elastomeric Front Bumper Package, A32 Super Performance 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, A62 Rallye Gauge Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, C26 Overhead Console, C62 Six-Way Driver's Seat, G33 chrome LH Sport Mirror, P31 Power Windows and the R22 AM / 8-track Radio among other nice things.

With all of it's options this is one super-duper power cruiser! But all of those great options apparently were not enough as a few additional items were added to the car by the owner such as the front spoiler and rear window louvers. But what is really intriguing is, just who is the mystery man behind the wheel but whose face is hidden by the A-pillar?

The mystery man is the original and current owner (as of October 2012) of the car Mr Fortune Thomas ("Fortune"? Now that's a rather unique name) of New Jersey. Fortune has had the good "fortune" (couldn't help myself there) of owning a number of hot B-body Mopars and this stellar HemiCuda. If you want to read a good story about him, his '68 GTX and this HemiCuda ... bang it right here  http://www.hotrod.com/articles/mscp-1210-1968-plymouth-gtx-1970-hemi-baraccuda/

As a minor side note, if you were like me, were you wondering about the radio antennae being on the rear quarter panel? Well I think that must of been something that Fortune preferred and did in his body shop as you can see in the last picture that the GTX received the same antennae relocation treatment complete with matching streamer at the top.
Cheers!
Tom

RzeroB

How about an early Christmas present?? Our next December build (scheduled that is) is a real beauty!! We're talking about the very striking '71 HemiCuda BS23R1B253218. It is 1 of only 107 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 48 with an automatic. Now that the wrapping is off, feast your eyes on this killer 'Cuda!!  :drooling:

This eye-catching 'Cuda is finished in High-Impact EV2 Tor-Red with V6W white "billboard" stripes a V1W white vinyl top and a (did you catch a glimpse of the interior in the first picture??) ... H5XV orange and black interior!  :takealook:  When I look at it I start thinking of one of my favorite summertime frozen treats - an orange creamsicle! This beauty is an orange creamsicle dream!! :worship:

I found the info and pictures of this car on Bryan Blake's Factory 426 Hemi Cars (no clones) facebook page (March 2016). In it Jeff Peters posted his note of when he saw the car at the Mopar Nationals in the '80's and copied down the fender tag info as seen below.

According to Jeff's note, it looks like this car is an original billboard car - how cool is that? Also note that he lists someone named "Greg" from St Louis 318 miles away?? I can only presume that "Greg" might have been the owner of this car at the time Jeff saw it.

Here's another post from Bryan's facebook page. This post is by Nicklas Larsson where he mentions "Danny R" from Missouri (St Louis??) as being the owner. From this picture we can also get a better glimpse of that orange and black interior.  :bigthumb:

"Greg"?? "Danny R"?? "St Louis"?? "Missouri"?? I've been here living in the greater St Louis area since 2004. I don't know "Greg" or "Danny R" and I haven't seen, or heard anything about this particular car. If it's still here in the Missouri area it must be hiding ... deep, deep undercover! My guess would be that it probably isn't. Does anyone know the current owner and whereabouts of this beautiful "creamsicle dream" of a HemiCuda??

Cheers!
Tom

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

:inlove:  Each week I fall in love with a new Hemi.   :D

71REDCUDA

RzeroB

So the "creamsicle dream" has migrated to Sweden  :sweden:  (like so many others before it) to be with you 71REDCUDA??  :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

RzeroB

Merry Christmas! Get all your shopping done? If you haven't ... better start earlier next year!! Got your milk and cookies placed by the fireplace for Santa? Better get to it ... Santa's coming tonight whether you are ready or not!! Speaking of Santa, wouldn't it be cool if instead of a flying sleigh, he used a something that matched his red over white (with a few black accents) velvet suit?? Something like this matching red over white (with a few black accents) '70 HemiCuda!! Hit the pasture Rudolp ... Santa has a new sleigh!!  :banana:

BS23R0B220059 is 1 of 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 368 with an automatic. It is finished in FE5 "Santa-Suit-Red" with V6X black "Hockey Stick" stripes and a H6XW white vinyl interior.

Completing the "Santa-Suit", this interior view showw the car's clean white interior that contrasts nicely with the black dash, center console and carpet.

Hemi hockey-stick stripes and the "REAL 426" license plate let everyone know that Santa has the ponies to cover a lot of ground quickly during his annual trek around the world. Hit it Santa!!  :burnout:
Cheers!
Tom