Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

SE Pkg should have had the wheel lip moulding

benlavigne

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 10, 2018, 05:53:27 PM
SE Pkg should have had the wheel lip moulding

Didn't the (rolled) Hemi fenders delete the mouldings?

Ben

anlauto

I never understood the "Shaker hood Invitational"  :huh:  Just because his Dad wanted and ordered a shaker hood ?
I understand the car never had a hood, or was ever coded on the tag or sheet for N96....so what makes it a "shaker" car.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on March 10, 2018, 07:11:12 PM
I never understood the "Shaker hood Invitational"  :huh:  Just because his Dad wanted and ordered a shaker hood ?
I understand the car never had a hood, or was ever coded on the tag or sheet for N96....so what makes it a "shaker" car.
Alan, the car was actually in a spot next to the Shaker hood section at the show, not part of it... and there is a link indeed with the fact it was ordered with a Shaker, that never made it to the car... An illustration of why 70 Challengers with N96 are so rare...

Ben

anlauto

Ben, that doesn't explain the sign pictured above. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RzeroB

IIRC, Greg's car recently came out of long-term storage. Tim Wellborn became aware of Greg's car, liked it, and the story behind it. Since Tim was $pon$oring the "Shaker Invitational", Tim invited Greg to be part of it even though Greg's car didn't get the Shaker that it was suppose to have. Being a big $pon$or of the MCACN show gave Tim that lattitude.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

anlauto

Quote from: RzeroB on March 11, 2018, 01:02:54 PM
IIRC, Greg's car recently came out of long-term storage. Tim Wellborn became aware of Greg's car, liked it, and the story behind it. Since Tim was $pon$oring the "Shaker Invitational", Tim invited Greg to be part of it even though Greg's car didn't get the Shaker that it was suppose to have. Being a big $pon$or of the MCACN show gave Tim that lattitude.

Well that's the first explanation I've heard that makes sense :cheers:

RzeroB

Our next March car is another black beauty, but this one is the triple-black '71 HemiCuda gem owned by Ron Tremper Jr. BS23R1B321589 is 1 of only 107 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 48 with an automatic. It is finished in TX9 Black-Formal with V5X black vinyl side mouldings and a SRX9 black leather interior. Thanks to Rick Rittenberg for posting these pics up on Facebook.

Lots of info can be gleaned by looking at the fender tags of this HemiCuda. It has a 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, but note that instead of being coded A32 for an automatic car, it is instead coded A34 like a 4-speed car? But this car is not just all "GO!", it has some nice amenities too such as S77 Power Steering, B51 Power Brakes, the booming 2W R11 AM Music-Master Radio and the soft and supple SRX9 black leather interior!  And lets not forget, that since it was sold new in California, it is also "environmentally responsible" (LOL!!) by being equipped with N97 Noise Reduction Package and N98 Evaporative Emissions Package.

Ron's dad, Ron Tremper Sr., is also a Mopar kind of guy. Ron Sr. has owned a lot of cool Mopars over the years including 1 of only 17 '71 Cuda 440-6 convertibles. Mopar Collector's Guide did a great article on the father and son '71 Cuda duo in their June 2005 issue. If you haven't seen it already, bang it here and flip to page 26 for the story:  http://moparcollectorsguide.com/onlinemags/members/allonline/2005/june2005/index.php

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

GQ234

Thanks, Tom  I really appreciate that.

GQ234

Quote from: RzeroB on March 05, 2018, 08:16:23 PM
Quote from: GQ234 on March 05, 2018, 06:21:10 PM
1970 Challenger RT/SE
4 speed
Super Track Pack
Gator Grain
Yea it's a Hemi

Hi Greg!!

Happy to see you here on the thread! I was kind of going by SPD, but even though your car is a November build, feel free to throw up more pics and the story of your car here any time!!  :ohyeah:

Here is more of the story with the V8TV interview, enjoy.

https://youtu.be/ucWoK_Mp19s

750-h2

RzeroB

Happy St Patrick's Day!!

Of course when you think of St Patty's Day, you think of the color green ... The Green Isle ... Shamrocks ... Leprechauns ... and yes, even beer  :drinkingbud:

Green is good, especially if it's a factory Mopar green. You got your Lime-Green, Ivy-Green, Limelight, and Sherwood-Green among others. But for me, there is no better green than Sassy-Grass-Green, and it doesn't get much better then when that Sassy-Grass is laid over a HemiCuda!!  :ohyeah: 

For St Patty's Day check out this Sassy-Grass-Green '71 HemiCuda  :wowzers:  It's a beuty ... and I'm in love!!  :inlove:  It would take a truck-load of  :bigmoney:  to get your hands on this beauty, so for the majority of us, we can just admire and dream.  :cheers:

This is (or was??) the Smith Stokes car. It is BS23R1B316904 is 1 of only 107 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 59 with a 4-speed. It is finished in FJ6 Sassy-Grass-Green with V6X black "billboard" stripes and a H6X9 black vinyl interior.

Love this pic. I like the way it was panned to blur the background and give it a sense of motion. Life in the fast lane! This HemiCuda is coming around and doing so in a hurry thanks to the A34 Super-Track-Pack 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package. It is also equipped with the A21 Elastomeric Front Bumper Package, A62 Rallye Gauge Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, and S77 Power Steering among other things.

Great shot of the "elephant" without it's Shaker "hat" on.

One downside of tooling around in a High-Impact Sassy-Grass-Green HemiCuda is that it's kind of hard to be inconspicuous and blend in with traffic. As such, you might need the "luck of the Irish" to avoid attracting some undue attention form your local law enforcement!!

Mopar Muscle Magazine did a great article on this car. Since M-M-M is now gone, you read it on the Hot Rod Network here  http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1971-plymouth-hemi-barracuda/
Cheers!
Tom

dodgemania

:iagree: It's a beuty ... and I'm in love!! x 2  :wowzers: :wowzers: :inlove: :inlove:

Chryco Psycho

I have always preffered Sassy to Limelight , sassy just looks richer
Killer Cuda !!

RzeroB

What has wheels, gets your adrenaline pumping, is sexy beyond belief ... and is pink??

Is it Miss Piggy in the back of a stretch limo??

Pleeeaaassseee!! No, it's not one, but TWO Moulin-Rouge pink HemiCudas!!

That's right, were talkin' not one, but a "two-fer" of the only two FM3 pink Hemi E-bodies "known" (seems you always have to caveat things these days with that word cause you just never know ...) to exist! As far as I know, there are no FM3 Hemi Challenger RT's "known" to have been made, so these two pachyderm packing pink 'Cudas are the only ones of their type made in this bold High-Impact color!  :worship:

We're splitting the SPD difference today with these two cars with Greg Joseph's Canadian spec car BS23R0B283660 (on the left) scheduled to have been built on March 20th and Wade Ogle's U.S. spec car BS23R0B292542 (on the right) scheduled to have been built on April 2nd. This picture was taken just prior to the "Mopars at the Mansion" show at the Playboy mansion in 2006. This picture is rather unique in that reportedly it is the only time that these two cars were at the same place at the same time since leaving Hamtramck in the spring of 1970 and it's kind of fitting that it occurred at the Playboy mansion of all places (I imagine pink is THEE in color there!).

Though they are the only two FM3 Hemi E-bodies "known" to exist, they are very similar, yet  they have some distinct differences. As previously mentioned, Greg's car is a Canadian spec car sold new in Ottawa Ontario. As can be seen, Greg's car has a H6X9 black vinyl interior, is topped with a V1X black vinyl top, has V6X Hockey Stick stripes adorning it's quarter-panels and is an automatic car.

The fender tag shows us that Greg's pink HemiCuda was equipped with the A01 Light Group Package, A04 Basic Group Package, A62 Rallye Gauge Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, G36 painted LH Sport Mirror, and the AM/8-Track Radio among other nice things.

If you want to see more of Greg's car, visit "PantherPink dot com" here:  http://pantherpink.com/fm3077.htm

Wade's car on the other hand is a U.S. spec car sold new in Elbow Lake Minnesota. As can be seen, Wade's car has a PRXW white leather interior, is topped with a V1W white vinyl top, has no Hockey Stick stripes and is a 4-speed.

A nice thing about Wade is that he likes to provide these very informative display placards for his cars when he shows them. His pink elephant has such notable options as the:  A01 Light Group Package, A33 Track Pack 3:54 geared Dana Axle Package, A62 Rallye Gauge Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, C26 Overhead Console C62 Six-Way Seat, G31/33 chrome Sport Mirrors, M91 Luggage Rack, P31 Power Windows and a R22 AM/8-Track Radio among other nice things.

From the placard Wade tells us that his pink HemiCuda is not only all original, documented, and a survivor - but it is one of the most highly optioned HemiCudas in existence. Story has it that this car was originally purchased by a dentist, who bought not one, but two HemiCuda's at the same time - this one, and I believe an FJ5 Limelight one. The pink car was purchased for his wife, thus all the options, and the second green one was for his oldest son. The story goes the pink car was driven only by his wife and occasionally the dentist himself and lived a pampered life allowing it to survive to this day without any significant restoration. The same can't be said for the green car that was given to his oldest son. Reportedly, that car was thoroughly thrashed by his sons and may, or may not, still be around today, and if it is, it's has gone through an extensive restoration or is in serious need of one!

If you want to see some more of Wade's car, visit "PantherPink dot com" here:  http://pantherpink.com/fm3024.htm

There you go, your "two-fer" of the only two FM3 Hemi E-bodies "known" to exist. Similar, but very different cars. Maybe the only thing they have in common is the FM3 Moulin-Rouge pink paint and the mammoth Hemi under the hood! So to answer the opening riddle of "what has wheels, gets your adrenaline pumping, is sexy beyond belief ... and is pink??" ... it's NOT Miss Piggy in a limo!! No, it's these two powerful pink pachyderm-packing HemiCudas (sorry Miss Piggy!)!!  :veryexcited:

Cheers!
Tom