Main Menu

Snobar Auction Preview day! (Photos)

Started by Cuda Cody, July 31, 2017, 08:07:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rocketresto

@ec_co The Challenger had 14 miles on it, not a typo, FOURTEEN miles.

@Cuda Cody Total was a little under $700k.

I thought other than a few notable exceptions prices were very fair.  Julius made the comment that the press scared a lot of big players away and they are really regretting not coming.  I bid on some items for a notable east coast vendor and he was very happy with the items I bought for him.  Some items I ended up with:

1st Gen Viper Top for $50
Magnesium single 4 BBL Hemi intake $125
I bought the AM/FM E-Body radio and the 8 track, need them both for customer cars.
72 Road Runner grill for $100
Keith Black vintage aluminum Hemi valve covers $550
Entire drawer of adjustable rockers (probably 7-8 sets) $400
67 Satellite 2 Door $1300 (going to a customer in Sweden)

Bought a few more things (OK a lot more things) and it was a blast.  Definitely a unique experience getting the opportunity to go through a collection like this and organize it for auction.  Hope to be able to do it again in the future but not many collections like this out there.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Cuda Cody

I was right behind you and wanted to bid on the E-Body 8 track (the one with the working door) and the FM radio, but I backed off when I saw you go in on them.  I really didn't have to have them so I was fine not getting them.  The viper stuff was the bargain of the event.  I got home to find some neat NOS viper stuff in a box I bought.  Wish I would have bought more viper stuff.

JP426

Looking at the prices listed today on the auction site, I am really surprised at the low prices on the Viper items.

I was shocked that the Vipers sold for so little on Saturday. I guess it was the wrong crowd for Vipers.

Cuda Cody

That is the truth.  I wish I would have bought more Viper stuff as the price was right.  I just told myself not to buy anything that I wasn't going to use.  Now I'm kicking myself.  But I know who got a lot of the Viper stuff and they are good people.   :bigthumb:  @cudajunction    :D

Quote from: JP426 on August 03, 2017, 10:22:35 PM
Looking at the prices listed today on the auction site, I am really surprised at the low prices on the Viper items.

I was shocked that the Vipers sold for so little on Saturday. I guess it was the wrong crowd for Vipers.

anlauto

Quote@ Cuda Cody Total was a little under $700k.

I find this very surprising :unbelievable:  that puts the lot average at a little over $400 only ? With 2-3 cars alone totally over $100K there must have been a lot of $25-$50 lots :dunno:

Either way, I'm super happy for the family, although Ben will be sadly missed I'm sure and no amount of money can change that :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

Quote from: JP426 on August 03, 2017, 10:22:35 PM

:iagree:  It's surprising since there were quite afew Viper items/cars to attract that crowd.

Cuda Cody

The Viper cars themselves were all in very rough shape.  Totaled and put back together on a budget.  Prices for the Vipers were right in line for what the cars were.  The Viper parts were given away at bids of $25 or $50 for mostly NOS or good take off parts.

HP_Cuda

Thanks Cody for the info.

It looks like those chunks went for a good price if you don't have to rebuild them and they are not missing teeth.

I'm surprised #544 went for 700 bucks for a 18 spline tranny.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

cudajunction

Lot 666 went for $175.

Lot 605 went for $325.

Plus fines, fees and penalties of course.

I think @Cuda Cody  got the rest of the inquiries handled. 

After the coyote duster air cleaner lids in lot #3 and #4 went for $300 a piece, we knew nothing was going to be cheap.  I believe this auction speaks to the strength of the hobby.  There is no shortage of people that feel that the "old guys" are dying off, there are not enough younger people to take up the charge and the hobby will slowly die through attrition.  I saw plenty of guys a long way off from retirement in the crowd and the robust bidding showed me that people are confident in where the car/parts prices are going.

69bronzeT5

Cody, do you have any Day 2 prices? I did advanced bidding online for 2 items and couldn't log back in during the auction day (glitches with their website) so I missed the online bidding. Curious what the two items I bid on went for....

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

Cuda Cody

@69bronzeT5  yes, I think I have a lot of the day 2 prices.  A couple times I went and got something to eat so there's a few gaps in my coverage, but let me know the lot numbers you were bidding on and I can see if I have them.   :wave:  And welcome to the site buddy!!!!!      :welcome:

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 04, 2017, 02:10:51 PM
Cody, do you have any Day 2 prices? I did advanced bidding online for 2 items and couldn't log back in during the auction day (glitches with their website) so I missed the online bidding. Curious what the two items I bid on went for....

Roadman

Hey @69bronzeT5  welcome aboard, glad to have you.   :welcome:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 04, 2017, 02:20:52 PM
@69bronzeT5  yes, I think I have a lot of the day 2 prices.  A couple times I went and got something to eat so there's a few gaps in my coverage, but let me know the lot numbers you were bidding on and I can see if I have them.   :wave:  And welcome to the site buddy!!!!!      :welcome:

Thanks!!  :cheers: Sorry, 3 items....they would of been #1489, #1491 and #1616

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Roadman on August 04, 2017, 02:30:18 PM

Hey @69bronzeT5  welcome aboard, glad to have you.   :welcome:

Thank you!!! :cheers:

Cuda Cody

1489 = $75
1491 = $225
1616 = $125

Prices are before 10% fee and sales tax.   :bigthumb:

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 04, 2017, 02:30:33 PM

Thanks!!  :cheers: Sorry, 3 items....they would of been #1489, #1491 and #1616