Main Menu

SPD & Build sheet info

Started by RJChallenger, September 16, 2018, 05:43:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

I'm very impressed with several members knowledge, about these cars we have. How did 6bblgt get all his info on specific , low production # cars dates color options etc. Is it years of taking notes, pictures . Access to restricted files. I have no fender tag, no build sheet. no motor no tranny. so I cant truly restore my 70 challenger as it came off the assembly line. I dont really want options on my car hat it didnt come with as they are expensive.  Are there web sites that I dont know about?All I know for sure it was a 340 auto, power disk brakes sway bars front and rear. I had the door sticker when I bought this car 5 or 6 -70 have pictures some where. How would I go about learning all I can about  a JH23HOB351868 Thanks for all your help 

Cuda Cody

At this point I do not know of any way to get the missing info if you do not have a sheet or tag.  Maybe one day the info will show up.   :fingerscrossed:

6bblgt

Quote from: RJChallenger on September 16, 2018, 05:43:13 PM
How did 6bblgt get all his info on specific , low production # cars dates color options etc. Is it years decades of taking notes, pictures . 

yes

QuoteAccess to restricted files.

I wish, but there are none that I'm aware of

Quote from: RJChallenger on September 16, 2018, 05:43:13 PM
I had the door sticker when I bought this car 5 or 6 -70 have pictures some where. How would I go about learning all I can about  a JH23H0B351868 Thanks for all your help

it would've been "SCHEDULED" late May, so it could've been actually built in May or June

at this point, your best source of info is former owners - a lot easier if it was local VS another part of the country or across the border

RJChallenger

Awesome thanks very much. I've had the car almost 40 years . bought car sale package to get previous owners, but Ontario only goes back to 1990. So no luck there.  I believe I'm the third owner ,the car was pretty gutted when I bought it off some young kid who promptly blew up the 340. Maybe the original owner has it? Thanks once again

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

Not sure if the link is allowed, if not please remove it. I called Galen Govier back in 2016 and ordered one of his packages, it took some time getting all the paperwork... but he sent pages of info about the car.  He even had a copy of the build sheet on file that he sent.

You may want to try Galen: http://galengovier.com

Mike

RJChallenger

Great . now that's two things on my bucket list . register at Hamtrack Historical and now Galen . I would never have thought of that , thanks.

captcolour

Quote from: RJChallenger on September 17, 2018, 08:54:08 AM
Great . now that's two things on my bucket list . register at Hamtrack Historical and now Galen . I would never have thought of that , thanks.
Hope you are young enough to actually see the info from GG.