Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Taking advantage of my free time between jobs to catch up on small items. Ended one after a cumulative 30 years at the place. New one starts up Monday. More pay, better insurance ($700.00 month cheaper also), much better benefits, etc... Already know people there so I expect no surprises. Hair cut, Home Depot for sprinkler repair, trip to auto store to ask for sponsorship of my daughters bball, oh and now a beer to take life in.

Cheers,
Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

gzig5

Swapped out nasty old chopped up, cobbled up, trans fluid lines for nice pretty new ones.  Even managed to slip a 18" section of heat shield tube over both of them at once to protect from header heat.

IRON MAN

About three weeks ago the key would not open the trunk. Tried the key several days in a row. Key turned but trunk latch did not release the lid. Today, I was going to go in to the trunk, after removing the back seat. For the heck of it, tried one more time using the key. It opened on the first attempt. So oiled the latch several times while moving the internals with the key.  Now all good!  :banana:

Mark_B

It's my Birthday today, so the Wife and I took my Challenger and Mustang to our local and had a jar :).

Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

RUNCHARGER

Great pair! I hate the fact that the everyday drivers in the background are the same as what we have over here though.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

Very nice. Happy B day!
Also nice combo...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

CudaMoparRay

JS29

IRON MAN

Quote from: Mark_B on September 08, 2018, 07:40:52 AM
It's my Birthday today, so the Wife and I took my Challenger and Mustang to our local and had a jar :).

Yankee Doodle went to town
A-riding in a pony
He stuck a feather in his hat
And she called it Moparoni.

Happy Birthday! :happybday:

Chryco Psycho

RJChallenger

LEGENDARY box arrive yesterday, Very excited about the seat covers. I've had this car almost 39 years now, and never seen 70 style seats in it. The car was cheap back then, The ad said. No motor,no tranny, no interior  and I was the only one to show up to make an offer.Still need to find foam and listing wire and one seat latch , but I'm getting there.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Good seat upholstery makes a huge difference in the interior;
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RJChallenger on September 09, 2018, 04:30:51 AM
LEGENDARY box arrive yesterday, Very excited about the seat covers. I've had this car almost 39 years now, and never seen 70 style seats in it. The car was cheap back then, The ad said. No motor,no tranny, no interior  and I was the only one to show up to make an offer.Still need to find foam and listing wire and one seat latch , but I'm getting there.

@RJChallenger  KiJiJi is you friend.... https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/oakville-halton-region/1970-dodge-challenger-seat-foams/1380236707?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

Thanks Alan for letting me know about the seat foam , that's a pretty good deal. I just sold my 5HP 80 gal compressor that was my pride and joy, just to get these seat covers. I've still got to sell some stuff , but hopefully it wont be to long before I can finish these seats.

73_Cuda_4_Me

:bigthumb:

Adjusted power steering box sector shaft, and BOY, what a difference that made in how much easier and better the handling is!!!

I had to turn screw in about 3/4 of a turn to remove the steering wheel 'slop', and no high spot tightness or drag... 1 full turn was too much. I did 1/4 turn increments until over, then backed off 1/4 turn and locked her down... handles so much better on rough crowned roads, and corners like it's on rails now!

:banana:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B