Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaragtop and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

IMNCARN82

Nine (9) hours it takes to get this car back up to where it was before the last show!   Uhg. There's a trailer in my future ?  Uhg
round tail lights forever !!

CudaMoparRay

Spent 10 minutes trying to start it then finally it started so let it idle 10 minutes to operating temp then shut it down. Very exciting event  :looney:

Claudia

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on August 26, 2018, 11:46:44 PM
Spent 10 minutes trying to start it then finally it started so let it idle 10 minutes to operating temp then shut it down. Very exciting event  :looney:

Well, I know that there are more exciting things but I for one get excited when I hear my big block start up . . . even if it's only for ten minutes of idle time!  :veryexcited:

Brads70

I've been away camping and haven't driven mine in awhile so last night I went for a drive around town and stopped in at A&W for a quick dinner and drove back home. Nothing too exciting but was nice to slip behind the wheel of a "real" car again!  :D

GoodysGotaCuda

We had a fun weekend at the Hot Wheels show. The next four weekends are booked up with car events. Let's hope it stays together!

09/01: Southwest Mopar Mini Nationals -~100mi trip
09/08: Denton, TX town square car show - local
09/09: 150mi cruise, I'm on the fence for this event
09/15: Driving up to Oklahoma City and running a backroads car cruise back to North Texas ~400+ mile round trip
09/22: Weatherford, TX show ~150mi trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Claudia

Nothing too exciting but did get to set the front end ride height and install the shifter bezel and handle.  :)

GoodysGotaCuda

Haven't been able to make a ton of progress lately, but I am chipping away at it.

I need to:
-Button up the carb and linkage
-Plumb and wire the new electronic fuel pump
-Reinstall the radiator and thermostat
-prime the oil pump, stab the distributor and fire it up.

Let's hope the cam break-in goes well!! Shooting to try it next Friday.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

shawge

@IMNCARN82, nice wheels! Are those painted/coated ET-IIIs?

Going to be experimenting with some electronics for my Challenger. Have a Teensy, a Prop shield (accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, +more), and a GPS module. The Teensy will be sending this data over a CAN bus to my MS3Pro for logging.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: shawge on August 30, 2018, 04:37:38 PM
@IMNCARN82, nice wheels! Are those painted/coated ET-IIIs?

Going to be experimenting with some electronics for my Challenger. Have a Teensy, a Prop shield (accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, +more), and a GPS module. The Teensy will be sending this data over a CAN bus to my MS3Pro for logging.

Curious how that works out for you, I have an ms3 in mine. What's a teensy?

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

shawge

I'll be sure to do a write up on it. A Teensy is an ARM based microcontroller, similar to an Arduino.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: shawge on August 30, 2018, 06:09:50 PM
I'll be sure to do a write up on it. A Teensy is an ARM based microcontroller, similar to an Arduino.

Gotcha. I wasn't aware the gps and accelerometer data had to be transferred via CAN. I think my gold box may have room on the board for expansion on those.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

GoodysGotaCuda

I was left unattended with the kids yesterday and took the car to my in laws place to look things over. We have an upcoming 500mi cruise in the next couple weekends. And naturally I got caught in the rain on the ride home.

All is looking pretty good after 4,000miles, I need to touch base on either my driveshaft balance or the driveline angles soon. I get a decent vibration over 80mph.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cudakiller70

Had a similar vibration problem, turned out drive shaft was too short. May or may not be your issue just what cured mine.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on September 04, 2018, 02:44:25 PM
Had a similar vibration problem, turned out drive shaft was too short. May or may not be your issue just what cured mine.

Interesting, figured "too short" would end up just falling out. I'll see where its riding upon removal
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cudakiller70