Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

Changed regular oil to Mobil 1 Race Formula Synthetic oil because it has Zinc in it.
Also changed oil filter.
Will take on a drive shortly to see how much better it runs as compared to Regular oil that I put in after having new engine break-in oil in it.
I expect it to run a little smoother and a little cooler than before.
We will see!

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 06, 2018, 07:09:41 AM
Oooh: A 401 is a nice score. I would think those Pierre Cardin interior parts are worth something to an AMC collector?

Went and dragged it home today. It sure is nothing more than a parts car, everything metal is rotten, even the roof has holes. So I'm not sure if there is any value in that Pierre Cardin interior.  But it has not just a rebuild 401 but an dealer installed brand new 401 with only 5000 miles on it seller said, also came out of the garage with a new NOS tail spoiler. The car also has one on the trunk as it's a real AMX with the mesh grill and all. Plastic spoiler behind it looks in great shape too and they go for really dumb ( IMO) money so I'll be selling it off as I don't need it for mine. Even has the steering wheel I want! Score!  Bummer the AMX hood is totaled, rotten, but I figure I'll at least double my money and get a pile of needed parts for free! Can't get any better than that!  :banana:

Now to convince the wife.....  :lurking:  :D She see's zero value in parts cars and I get that cars are not her thing....

Chryco Psycho

I wonder if the hood could be used as a mold for making Glass/ Carbon fiber hoods

RUNCHARGER

Great idea, they are a pretty big piece so pretty heavy I imagine.
Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 07, 2018, 05:42:40 PM
I wonder if the hood could be used as a mold for making Glass/ Carbon fiber hoods

It's really trashed . broken smashed and the support structure is rotted out. I could likely bend the hood in half LOL 

moparcop

Will have to get together sometime. Im in Myrtle Beach.  1970 Challenger R/T 440 4 speed, go-mago orange, black vinyl top and interior. 8)
"No matter where you go....there you are"

340challconvert

Finally cut the patch panel for the lower left quarter panel out of an AMD panel.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Mickm

Finished installing Dakota Digital Cruise Control.  Way Cool!!!!

Cheers!
Mickm

chargerdon

Started the work to pull the camshaft out (Mopar Performance 508...292 duration 106 centerline) so i can put in a Lunati Voodo 703  268 cam...   The 508 is simply too much for the street with automatic, air and power brakes...  not enough vacuum......

Chryco Psycho

IF possible I would make sure you degree it when installing the new one

Cudajason

Quote from: chargerdon on November 17, 2018, 01:57:16 PM
Started the work to pull the camshaft out (Mopar Performance 508...292 duration 106 centerline) so i can put in a Lunati Voodo 703  268 cam...   The 508 is simply too much for the street with automatic, air and power brakes...  not enough vacuum......

Hey @chargerdon are you documenting that process.  I am planning on doing the sale thing this winter only with a Voodoo 702.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

chargerdon

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 18, 2018, 05:44:55 AM

Thats the plan...tho with stock crank so long as Lunati did their job right it will be an academic process.   I expect it will be right on!   

chargerdon

Quote from: Cudajason on November 18, 2018, 07:54:56 AM
Quote from: chargerdon on November 17, 2018, 01:57:16 PM

Hey @chargerdon are you documenting that process.  I am planning on doing the sale thing this winter only with a Voodoo 702.

Jason

When finished ill start a new thread and document what i did...   Its fairly straight forward...   

dodj

Quote from: chargerdon on November 18, 2018, 04:03:58 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 18, 2018, 05:44:55 AM

Thats the plan...tho with stock crank so long as Lunati did their job right it will be an academic process.   I expect it will be right on!
My recent Lunati 703 cam install required a 2* adjustment.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cordodge