Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Had a buddy call up and say he was stopping by to see the Javelin. Nice warm(er) day here today so I went to fire it up.... wouldn't start? Turns out it was out of gas. That's embarrassing  ...... so off I went to get a jug of fuel. Not an easy thing to do on a 71-74 Javelin as the filler neck is so low you can't tip up the gas can much to get gas in it..... Fired right up with a few squirts down the carb. First time I've added fuel in it.  Not a real good/smart location for a filler neck so.... I'll be ordering this before spring. Figuring the old tank is original and likely full of crap and new tanks are not easy to find, and the extra ( driving to Carlisle) capacity!  Not even going to attempt to mess with the stock sending unit either! Nope! This fits in more with the paint job theme I figure!..... and so it begins!   :D

https://www.jegs.com/i/JAZ-Products/547/286-432-NF/10002/-1

YellowThumper

:bradsthumb:
Time to also add a remote trunk release. My 68 Stang fuel door is same PITA located inside the inner curve.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JH27N0B

After MCACN last weekend, I needed to get the T/A ready for winter hibernation and was worried as we are having a pretty bad fall weather wise.  Forecast is for snow tomorrow so it was really down to the wire.  Add to that the forecasted sunny afternoon never materialized today and it stayed cold and gloomy.
Nevertheless it needed to be done, so I fired it up, drove around the block to warm it up, then drained the oil.  Got really hung up on the oil filter.  First time I'd changed one on a small block in some time, and between the torsion bar, exhaust, and the old filter on there tight, I was quite frustrated.
Nevertheless, it's done, crankcase is now full of fresh Joe Gibbs oil, a new filter, some avgas mixed with stabil 360 in the fuel tank, and a couple Bounce sheets in the interior, and she's under cover hibernating in my garage until spring!
Just in the nick of time, now they are talking 8 inches of wet crappy snow tomorrow, which means tons of salt will be spread.
Sadly, my '09 Challenger still needs it's oil change and Seafoam.  May be several weeks at least before I can do that with this bad weather!
Oh well, at least the T/A, convertible and '71 are all set!

js27

I used to hate winter when I lived in PA. Got to drive my cars about 3 months out of the year. Now here in SC. I can drive them 12 months a year if I want but never seem to have the time..
JS27

Brads70

Quote from: js27 on November 28, 2018, 11:37:45 AM
I used to hate winter when I lived in PA. Got to drive my cars about 3 months out of the year. Now here in SC. I can drive them 12 months a year if I want but never seem to have the time..
JS27

Your killing me.... I SO want to move to SC.  :('

GoodysGotaCuda

Took mine out today to test out the new throttle cable and the new air intake position. I'm moving the air cleaner around so that I can design an air box around it, my IATs run on the high side with it favoring underhood air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

70Barracuda

Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

JS29

Quote from: 70Barracuda on November 28, 2018, 07:08:04 PM
I saw mine in the garage
Same here! I get to see it every day when i go in or out of my house.  :)

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

Mickm

Spent the day making this stock fitting under hood ABS panel.

Cheers!
Mickm

Cudakiller70

Very clean, looks right, doesn't appear to be out of place at all. :perfect10:

dave73

Anymore detailed pics or is there a thread? I've been wanting to do this for awhile, curious how you mounted it

Mickm

Thanks for the kind words guys.
dave73chally, I have a thread with a couple more pictures here https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/another-project-i-havent-seen-before/9317/msg129187#msg129187.
If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers!
Mickm

Topcat

Had a great time with Bill today.

Took the Elephants out for a stroll.  :burnout:

We took the long cruise today racking up a 100 miles thru back roads and Redwoods.

We stopped at Corralitos Market & Sausage Co. in Watsonville and bought some killer Sausages, Tri Tips, and Lunch.