Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

73440 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

challengermaniac

I removed the black longitudinal stripes from my car in preparation of putting a white bumble bee stripe on and loving it!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 7212Mopar on August 09, 2020, 09:47:47 AM
I took my car out yesterday afternoon for a 40 miles drive. On the way back, I was at the light waiting to go straight. A Ferrari 458 stopped at my left to get on to the freeway. He suddenly revved his engine to show how wonderful a Ferrari sound as the lights turned green. I immediately replied back by flooring the gas pedal and left two black stripes behind. If we are really at it, he likely shows me his tail lights.

I actually doubt it , not sure what you have underhood , but I raced a Porsche 911 turbo on a road course , he had no trouble out braking me But we raced down the main straight ,approx 5/8 mile long, he was behind pulling onto the straight tucked under my back bumper , 1/4 mile later he had gained 4-5 feet & I could not see him in my peripheral vision , 1/2 mile down the straight his front bumper was parallel with my drivers door , he had gained 1/2 a car length , I looked down & we were doing 148 MPH & I was only in 3rd gear with 1 to go !! Unfortunately he had better brakes & I followed his taillights into turn 1 !
I would say good chance he would have been looking at your taillights for a while anyway assuming you kept traction off the line !

7212Mopar

Very encouraging CP. I have a stroked 340 dyno at 491 HP, 528 ft-lbs. Might be a little more now that is broken in. I suppose the only way to find out is give it a go. As much as I like to see my Mopar in front, it is unlikely unless I am up against someone that should have not been in the driver seat. A standard Ferrari 458 Italia weight about the same as our cars, 4.5 L naturally aspirated V8 goes up to 9000 RPM seating in the rear, 562 HP, 398 Ft-Lbs, 7 speed dual clutch transmission. 0-60 in 3.4 s, 1/4 miles 11s flat at 135 mph, top speed 210 mph. I think it will take a HEMI to get it done.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Cuda_mark

Not very exciting....but I rolled out my NOS HEMI hockey stripes and taped them down to cardboard so they would be flatter when they finally get installed. Upon inspection, I give these about a 75% chance of actually being used. 40 year old decals aren't in perfect condition....

RUNCHARGER

Yeah 11 flat is good tire territory for sure. The new cars have traction control as well and that makes them hard to beat, lets not forget light weight is a huge factor as well.
Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 7212Mopar on August 09, 2020, 11:08:50 PM
Very encouraging CP. I have a stroked 340 dyno at 491 HP, 528 ft-lbs. Might be a little more now that is broken in. I suppose the only way to find out is give it a go. As much as I like to see my Mopar in front, it is unlikely unless I am up against someone that should have not been in the driver seat. A standard Ferrari 458 Italia weight about the same as our cars, 4.5 L naturally aspirated V8 goes up to 9000 RPM seating in the rear, 562 HP, 398 Ft-Lbs, 7 speed dual clutch transmission. 0-60 in 3.4 s, 1/4 miles 11s flat at 135 mph, top speed 210 mph. I think it will take a HEMI to get it done.

3.4s 0-60 is moving very quickly.

My WRX is good for about a 4.5-4.7s run and it destroys my Cuda [with traction control] from a dig on the street.

Good luck on getting the power down! Should pull hard once it hooks up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda_mark

Quote from: challengermaniac on August 09, 2020, 10:00:44 AM
I removed the black longitudinal stripes from my car in preparation of putting a white bumble bee stripe on my car and loving it!

Are you painting the bumblebee stripe? I never understood why this was the one "accent" that was painted and not a decal.

Cuda70-74

Break my passenger door window lol smh. 50 dollars down the drain
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

318Stroker

Quote from: Cuda_mark on August 12, 2020, 11:40:56 AM
I removed the black longitudinal stripes from my car in preparation of putting a white bumble bee stripe on my car and loving it!

Are you painting the bumblebee stripe? I never understood why this was the one "accent" that was painted and not a decal.

Probably because the 1/4 panels contours on a Challenger are pretty complex, and a decal wouldn't work. I painted a black bumblebee stripe on my red 73, and I love it!

YellowThumper

Dug out the old can of worms to retrieve wiring for IAC valve.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

challengermaniac

Quote from: 318Stroker on August 12, 2020, 01:00:14 PM

Probably because the 1/4 panels contours on a Challenger are pretty complex, and a decal wouldn't work. I painted a black bumblebee stripe on my red 73, and I love it!

Once the BB was painted, what did you do about a clear coat?

benlavigne

Quote from: 318Stroker on August 12, 2020, 01:00:14 PM

Also removed the longitudinal on mine to replace with the correct bumblebee, had it done in wrapping material until I can get the car to the paint shop...

Ben

CudaMoparRay

Started getting the 'Cuda ready for e-bay sale then changed my mind again  :wrenching: :Thud: :haha: :crying:
Going back and forth on it.  :thinking: :notsure: :ebay:

340Challman

@benlavigne   It looks matte. I like the look of it matte. :bradsthumb:  Your car looks great!  :yes:

@challengermaniac   Man I love B5 Challengers. I almost chose a different color for mine, but I'm glad I decided to stay with the original B5 on mine as well. Yours shows just how good they look B5.  :inlove:
Kevin

challengermaniac

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on August 12, 2020, 06:20:13 PM
Started getting the 'Cuda ready for e-bay sale then changed my mind again  :wrenching: :Thud: :haha: :crying:
Going back and forth on it.  :thinking: :notsure: :ebay:

If you decide to sell I recommend cars-on-line.com where you can give a very long description of the car, include 4 photos along with a couple of video tags all for $45.00 until it sells. Be sure to do at least a walk around video with the car running and even better if you can add a driving video.  It worked well for me.