Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Yesterday. But..... :stop:
Used it as a last defense to keep another project from being able to freely role down driveway and street bouncing off everything for the next 20 houses to the bottom.

Joy's of not living on flat ground.
Obviously ramped up the absolute necessity of not taking chances...
Hardest part was rotation to back it in.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Scooter

Aired it out with the wife... 4 corners then out to and up the coast....

&

Car ran fantastic!

:bigthumb:

floorit426

I checked my timing and took it for a short ride, but....if Cody can fix the flux capacitor in the ebodies.com time machine, I'd set it for October 7, 1975. That is the day I bought my 'cuda, which I still have. My hemi ownership started with a bang. A piston poppin', block breakin', rod wrenchin' bang.

340challconvert

Welded center of the two piece trunk pan
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

CNUMB

I have to admit.. I sat in a chair and looked at this.. Been a week since I brought it here .. still cant believe its in my garage...Cleaned and waxed.. 1st show is coming October 18th for the 71, the wife is taking the 18RT... :yes:

Brads70

Quote from: CNUMB on October 08, 2020, 04:59:24 PM
I have to admit.. I sat in a chair and looked at this.. Been a week since I brought it here .. still cant believe its in my garage...Cleaned and waxed.. 1st show is coming October 18th for the 71, the wife is taking the 18RT... :yes:

That made me smile! Thanks! I have to admit for years I often would open the garage man door inside the house when I was walking by, turn on the light and smile! I too couldn't believe I finally owned one! I've wanted a 70 Challenger since I was 9 years old!
Your not the only one! LOL enjoy!

Mark_B

Gave my A66 a run today.  First day it hasn't rained in a while.  It's so good to drive it now it's running well.

RUNCHARGER

Back to where I thought I was 20 hours of work ago. Thanks for your junk AMD. I took the new skin off the $920CDN door shell and installed it on the Mopar door shell (after patching 6 questionable spots on the edge and making sure the contours were correct both ways). Called the dealer that sold the shell and he did nothing to help. Have to call AMD direct now and hope for the best I guess.
Sheldon

jordan

We are having the last warm days of the year here.  Has been in the low 70s most of the week.  So i have been out running my car on the curvy country roads.  And I have been doing it at a pretty good clip.  I got home after a 60 mile spirited drive and I was all sweaty.  It was not hot in the car either.  I pulled triple digits a bunch of times.  I was going about 70 mph when I saw a county cop, I hit the brakes, and he was just staring at my car and not his radar.  Thank goodness. The brakes are still awesome, the tires stick very good when they are warm, and I am actually getting a much better feel for the handling while moving right along.  I cant imagine selling this car for a long while.  Some full on race seats would be a nice change in the future.  Still only getting 6mpg though.   :burnout:
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Chryco Psycho

Probably more than 6 Smiles to the gallon !! :bradsthumb: @Jordan

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 09, 2020, 06:21:51 PM
Back to where I thought I was 20 hours of work ago. Thanks for your junk AMD. I took the new skin off the $920CDN door shell and installed it on the Mopar door shell (after patching 6 questionable spots on the edge and making sure the contours were correct both ways). Called the dealer that sold the shell and he did nothing to help. Have to call AMD direct now and hope for the best I guess.

AMD door shell didn't fit I assume?  :headbang:

RUNCHARGER

Nope, junk. It was cut wrong and the whole shell was mounted 5/8" forward of where it should be. I could have cut the back of it and added to the front but then something else probably would have been wrong with it anyway, not impressed. I spent 2 hours taking the Mopar skin off and about 10 minutes taking the AMD skin off too. I can use the AMD for lots of interesting patch panels though as there are plenty of cool shapes in it, pretty expensive patch panels though at $920.
Sheldon

moparx5

first time this old girl seen the road in a long time !!!!!!
she was raced into the late 70's then parked till i got her in 2014
took awhile to get her to this point but all worth that first drive to get a sticker!!!!
fairly successful run  ,, need adjust idle and maybe bleed the brakes again but nothing like a fall day driving an old mopar
older guy than me  (LOL) pulled up next to me at a set of lights and told me a few quick stories of the old days and his brand new 72 cuda
MOPAR or NO CAR for me , still a couple month to enjoy before the snow i hope

jordan

Today I took my Cuda over to a new acquaintance's garage to check out his collection.  Super nice guy.  Said he really liked my car.  In his two story garage he had a new body Challenger SRT8 with a supercharger, a 60's (?) Buick Rivera (very cool and original), a early 2000s Mustangs Mach 1 that he bought new, a 65 Mustang that he has had for 30 years, a newer Mustang GT500 that he has had at Road America recently, a last year Fox body mustang, and his buddy's Mach 1 429.  I met him a few weeks ago because of his Ring Brothers Mustang  He said his Mustang Mach 1 is back at the builders so I didn't get to see it today.  Very cool guy, great collection.  It was nice to get to know him.  Great day to be a car guy!!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/30859/the-ringbrothers-built-a-700-hp-1969-ford-mustang-mach-1-unkl-to-honor-their-uncle
"Don't brake until you see God!"

blown motor

I took the cars for a bit of a run today, put in fuel stabilizer, filled them up and parked them until spring. I leave tomorrow and won't be back until mid December.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel