Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

It was tricky cutting it and then bridging it together to get level.

Went thru 3 phases and now it's almost ready for the Silver Argent to arrive from Frank Badalson.

Some holes to drill is the next step.

340challconvert

Welding the right side wheel well patch has kept me busy!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

blown motor

I pulled the switch and gauge clusters to install light tubes. While I had it apart I got the heater control light working. It hasn't worked as long as I've owned the car.  :banana:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

340challconvert

Added some small bead welds to the inner fender braces near the firewall side of the brace to reinforce small stress cracks  :wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

jimynick

Son Nick and I figured that 3 applications of primer was enough and we spent a couple more hours sanding the door frames and rocker/lock pillars and then I painted the inner rockers/A pillar, lock pillars and door inners with a single stage 2k Nason black and I can't get over the coverage and sheen! They're like glass and it'd've been perfect if I hadn't tried to pull the stand and door over closer to the heater and bumped my arse into the nice, shiny lock pillar! SOB! Oh well, at least it's progress.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

Looked at the gas tank filler tube grommet so I could participate in another thread.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

DrEamer

Painted the heads, and touched up the rest of the engine !

72hemi

After a year and a half of sitting I finally took my Challenger out for a spin to calibrate the new Dakota Digital speedometer. Amazingly after sitting all that time it ran and drove amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAxBo8GQBMs
Life's too short to drive boring cars

blown motor

Quote from: jimynick on February 14, 2021, 06:29:39 PM
Son Nick and I figured that 3 applications of primer was enough and we spent a couple more hours sanding the door frames and rocker/lock pillars and then I painted the inner rockers/A pillar, lock pillars and door inners with a single stage 2k Nason black and I can't get over the coverage and sheen! They're like glass and it'd've been perfect if I hadn't tried to pull the stand and door over closer to the heater and bumped my arse into the nice, shiny lock pillar! SOB! Oh well, at least it's progress.  :cheers:

That wouldn't have had anything to do with the size of your arse would it?  :dunno:  :pokeeye:

Glad to see you're getting some paint on it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Scooter

Upgraded the ignition module and coil to a Flamethrower 3. Played with the timing and carb a bit, was running a hair lean since I upgraded the filter element. Think I have the oil in the dizzy issue solved and drove probably 200+ miles between SAT and SUN, ran thru Niles and stopped for corndoggies in Fremont with the co-pilot (wife). Raining today so I beat the weather.

:)

dodj

and bumped my arse into the nice, shiny lock pillar! SOB! Oh well, at least it's progress.  :cheers:
Damage to lock pillar?  :P
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

Quote from: dodj on February 15, 2021, 10:29:41 AM
and bumped my arse into the nice, shiny lock pillar! SOB! Oh well, at least it's progress.  :cheers:
Damage to lock pillar?  :P
LOL! No smart ass, pun intended. Actually, I went out today when it was all nice and dry, and virtually everything wiped off with my hand. Amazing, as I was figuring there'd be sandpaper and compound in my future. AND, it's still got the killer gloss that it had!  :twothumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

rikkitik

Well.......it started out as, "I was going to put W/T and O/P gauges on it".......a few too many "as long as as I'm in this far, I might as well...." 🙄
But, that's what I do......😅

Dakota

Quote from: rikkitik on February 18, 2021, 02:07:24 PM
Well.......it started out as, "I was going to put W/T and O/P gauges on it".......a few too many "as long as as I'm in this far, I might as well...." 🙄
But, that's what I do......😅

Been there.  Done that.  Have multiple copies of that t-shirt.   

Brads70

Ah the infamous dreaded " mission creep"  . Happens to us all , yep its a sickness!  :yes: