Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Quote from: Cudajason on January 17, 2021, 04:18:37 PM
Spent a little time on my mufflers today.

I just tacked the pipe in there for now. I will cut the turndowns to length once I check how short they can go with the valance back on.

Looks familiar.   :D

7E-Bodies

Finally nailed down a perfect F8 match with BCCC PPG Deltron line. This spray out card has 3 coats of base, 2 coats clear. Zooming in on the labeled pic shows it best as camera angle and light glare made it tough to get a good pic. All in all I'm ELATED! PPG had no formula for F8 in the Deltron line, only Omni and it wasn't even close, so cross reference wasn't possible. Our outstanding local PPG shop worked with me until perfection was met. Great people and Aaron refused to give up. What a hurdle!
For the record, I'm following the write up from @Cuda Cody to the letter as chemicals have changed completely since I painted cars in an autobody in the early 80's. I have to say I was at my wits end trying to get to this point.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Scooter

^^^ My buddy in HS had a Cuda that color... it was a bitchin ride I was very envious when his dad gave the car to him.  :bigthumb:

Cuda Cody

cudaragtop

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on January 18, 2021, 04:24:39 PM
Finally nailed down a perfect F8 match with BCCC PPG Deltron line. This spray out card has 3 coats of base, 2 coats clear. Zooming in on the labeled pic shows it best as camera angle and light glare made it tough to get a good pic. All in all I'm ELATED! PPG had no formula for F8 in the Deltron line, only Omni and it wasn't even close, so cross reference wasn't possible. Our outstanding local PPG shop worked with me until perfection was met. Great people and Aaron refused to give up. What a hurdle!
For the record, I'm following the write up from @Cuda Cody to the letter as chemicals have changed completely since I painted cars in an autobody in the early 80's. I have to say I was at my wits end trying to get to this point.

Nice!  :cheers:
Here is the original paint in the door jam of my F8 70 Cuda
Only part of my car that has never been repainted.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

7E-Bodies

@cudaragtop thats cool, and thanks for sharing. I see both of our cars were made in November 69!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

YellowThumper

Worked on adapting a jy tilt up ash tray to fit cell and wireless charger.
Down position for the "spirited" driving. Up for the
navigation. Will install into custom console being made.
The phone is an old one for demo. Turns out you cannot show correct phone when recording with said phone. Lol

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

Looks like it went to the wrong place , Shelby Street ?
LOL

soundcontrol

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 23, 2021, 09:08:45 AM
Looks like it went to the wrong place , Shelby Street ?
LOL

Nope, it went from there to a new place on Mopar Ave! :)
Been working in my best friends garage for 5 years now, he's got 2 Shelby GT500's.

Topcat

My first Shaker Bubble had 2 sagging areas where the bolts go thru. After the engine fire, I decided to get another Shaker Bubble. I'm cutting, re shaping the low areas which I refer to as "Baddump" spots.

The Fiberglass kit I bought online was only 10 bucks. West System for Marine. 

The new one, the grilles didn't sit right, very good. The feet had gaps up to a 1/4 inch on some. 
I ended up having to build up the Bosses with Marine epoxy and re shape over them.

So now Shaker Bubble 2 (the new one) is on the car.
It's a Flat Black painted over Argent. Which many early 71' Shaker Bubbles came out like.

When Shaker Bubble 1 is ready for paint, I plan to paint it Argent Silver.

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

jimynick

Son Nick came over and we pushed the Challenger into the middle of the garage and spent an hour fiddling with the hood/fender fit and finally just said FI and pulled the doors off again, so that I can block them out. Unfortunately, when I took a block of wood and a BFH to set in the bottom corner of the drivers door; just about the time I thought it was where I wanted it, I discovered that Nick'd left the 5- 10lb weights in that door and they'd made a couple of nice dents from the inside out, cracking the filler that I'd used when I welded on an extension to the bottom edge. So it's more grinding/filling in the future before we get the sanding blocks out. Now if I could just remember where I left my ambition...... :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

I know my ambition went down in proportion to the temp.