Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Montclaire

I picked up a 74 Barracuda with a 440 last fall that is an older restoration with some mismatched/modified parts.  Previous owner swapped from power to manual steering but with the big block and a rake it's too much of a bear without assist.  Spent a few minutes stripping down and boxing up a spare pump I had that will be going back as a core.  Also got a new double groove crank pulley and the correct apply lever for the kickdown linkage I'm using in today's mail. 

Cranked the car over for the first time in 2021 and took a quick spin around the block.  It promptly started puking coolant as soon as I got back; I'll be fixing that issue, too. 

Scooter

Quote from: jimynick on March 22, 2021, 07:03:22 PM
"Breezy but beautiful at the coast today." Man, you're killing me! It was blue sky and sunshine and warm today, and I was stuck in the garage with a pair of coveralls on, and a chunk of sandpaper in my hand.  :(  I spent 4-5hrs sanding the Tigerhair and scuffing inside and out the rear valance and header panels. Anybody had the "pleasure" of sanding a rear valance for a Challenger inside and out, lately? How do you feel about sheet metal cuts? LOL Then I got some 2k high build primer on them, so that tomorrow I can putty them and sand them, again. I think I'm going to gravel guard the inside of the rear valance, enough's enough. :cheers:

So a good day for both of us!  :D

Mopsquad

Thought I'd do a long overdue compression test on the Barracuda.  Purchased 4 years back totally done but I wanted to make sure the 426 Hemi was super healthy.  All cylinders around 185psi. :woohoo:

Montclaire

Started tearing down the front of the engine; drained down the radiator, pulled the fan and water pump. Also pulled the battery and tray. Looks like the rad has some blocked tubes.

jimynick

Quote from: Scooter on March 22, 2021, 09:03:48 PM
Quote from: jimynick on March 22, 2021, 07:03:22 PM
"Breezy but beautiful at the coast today." Man, you're killing me! It was blue sky and sunshine and warm today, and I was stuck in the garage with a pair of coveralls on, and a chunk of sandpaper in my hand.  :(  I spent 4-5hrs sanding the Tigerhair and scuffing inside and out the rear valance and header panels. Anybody had the "pleasure" of sanding a rear valance for a Challenger inside and out, lately? How do you feel about sheet metal cuts? LOL Then I got some 2k high build primer on them, so that tomorrow I can putty them and sand them, again. I think I'm going to gravel guard the inside of the rear valance, enough's enough. :cheers:

So a good day for both of us!  :D
LOL! Sure, why not?!One day, God willing, it'll be me driving my old sled to the beach!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

71383bee

Took the convert out for a 90 miles roundtrip shakedown cruise to a friends house to sandblast my air cleaner.  Car ran great!  its nice cruising the highway at 80 with those 2.76 gears!  Upgraded the park and brake lights to LED's for a vast improvement.  Need a digital flasher though as it acts up with the park lights on.  Ordered that up along with LED cornering lights. 

Blasted the 73 trap door air cleaner I want to put on her to get her ready for paint the next decent weekend! 

On Monday it was so nice I actually pulled it out again and took the girls to swimming! 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

dodj

Started on the new carpet.

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

SgtSuperbird

My turn...

I finally decided this is the year I'm going to drive my vehicles. So, true to my word, I took the T/A out for an inaugural spin last weekend - the first since I purchased the car. Well, I began smelling that sweet odor of coolant, and looked over at the passenger floor. You guessed it: the heater core.

So, my project this week was to pull, replace the heater core, and refurbish the box. Turned out pretty darn nice

anlauto

Picked up my new custom made Emission and Tire pressure decals from the printers today...I really only needed one of each, but ordered extra to make it worth their time... :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Changed oil and filter, checked other fluids, tightened belts, adjusted tire pressures and put in a new air filter.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

SeventyTX9RTRag

MoparsNBurnouts

I bought Year One 17x8 and 17x9 Rallye Wheels!  :stayinlane: Still gotta buy tires though, I'm slightly nervous that 275/40's have too small sidewalls, but if I get 275/50's they'll be 2.1" taller than the 245/45's. Why don't they make 275/45's?!!?
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440

Poolshark314

Changed the oil and put on a mini starter. Both were a pain in the a$$! How do you guys get your oil filter in and out with the k-member and belts in the way?
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

jimynick

Is that Dougie as a wee bairn?  :)) You go Murray! I'm just jealous! Yesterday the boys and I put the doors back on the Challenger and took off the fenders and hood. That hood is turning into a very large suppository, as against my sworn intentions, today I continued to fix dings and scratches that I had no intention of fixing. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, boys, let me tell ya.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

jordan

I fired up my 'Cuda for the first time of the season and went to the local Cars and Coffee just a few miles away.  It was a very nice morning.  No issues.  Lots of people taking photos.  I enjoyed being outside and looking at cars again.  It's been a long while.  I kind of forgot how fast this thing is.  It really set me back in the seat. Love the power!!
"Don't brake until you see God!"