Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda70-74

Finish plumbing the fuel lines,wiring up the drive by wire gas pedal and obd2 port.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

soundcontrol

Hemi corner! Moved my 3 engines to my new space, took all day, 3 trips with a trailer, had my engines all in different locations.

jimynick

Boy! I wish I had to move 3 hemis out of the way! :yes:  Instead I spent another 4.5 hrs sanding primer on the inside of that swine hood! I'd make a great bank robber as I've got virtually no fingerprints left by now! Tomorrow, God willin' and the river don't rise, there'll be some colour on the inside of the damn thing!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Scooter

Spent the day installing a new fan controller and newer SPAL fans... only to find out the new controller has issues getting the new fans to spin up consistently. When my back stops hurting enough I'll put the old SPAL fans back in. :tired:

soundcontrol

Quote from: jimynick on April 05, 2021, 06:34:10 PM
Boy! I wish I had to move 3 hemis out of the way! :yes:  Instead I spent another 4.5 hrs sanding primer on the inside of that swine hood! I'd make a great bank robber as I've got virtually no fingerprints left by now! Tomorrow, God willin' and the river don't rise, there'll be some colour on the inside of the damn thing!  :cheers:

Ouch! Thats up next for me too, in a week or so, my wifes Barracuda, both the hood and trunk lid inside.  :crying:

dodj

Got it out of the garage. No cruising yet. Too much snow and mud around yet....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

It's pouring rain here as I type , so thats good news as it should wash the salt off the road enough to get the "Fun car" out !  :banana:

jimynick

Another 2.5 hrs sanding things I'd thought I'd sanded, and it looked like I might've had enough of the Nason SS black to paint the hood inside and hopefully the hood scoops and hinges. Get the paint out and it looks like there's just enough, so I mix it and throw it in the gun and begin- and get 7/8ths done and run out! SOB! Oh well, I've got the new qt that the boys at Rondex mixed up for me. Get the paint in the mixing cup and thought I detected a wee gleam- waaa? Take a look at the mix code on the cans and they're different! Aaarrgghhh! turns out those wicked ba$tards mixed me a newer, metallic black! Not wildly so, but detectable if you know to look. So, now I'm in midstream and have to carry on, and now I have a metallic (kinda) black hood interior AND, there was no way I was going to paint the scoops with that when the rest of the car is going back straight black, so they never got done. This required a judicious application of alcohol to restore my roseate view of restoring old Dodges! What next??!!  :cheers:

blown motor

With that colour combination you now have a one of one car @jimynick The value just went up, have another pint! Of beer, not paint.  :cheers:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Dakota

Replaced my 160* thermostat with 180* unit so that my engine coolant will get hot enough for the FiTech computer to finally start self-tuning.

Also replaced the grommet for the fill line in the fuel tank.   Had to empty the gas tank, remove the rear valence, and disconnect everything on the tank before lowering it.  The tank had to be nearly on its side to get the fill line back in.   Now that I've seen the tear in the old grommet, maybe I should've saved myself all this work and just patched it with some duct tape and Permatex?  Yeah, I don't think so either.

jimynick

Quote from: blown motor on April 07, 2021, 06:28:51 AM
With that colour combination you now have a one of one car @jimynick The value just went up, have another pint! Of beer, not paint.  :cheers:
LOL! Yeah Murray, but I'd rather've not! I went to St.Creek today to talk to the Rondex boys, and Bill the manager, made it right by mixing me a replacement qt. of straight black and he said just keep the qt of metallic for something else. I got talking to him about materials- through our masks and barriers- and ended up buying the Nason clear kit with a gallon of the HS clear and the activator, 2 qts of solvent-base base, a gallon of short strand fibreglass mud, a can of guide coat, 2 tack rags and the qt of black for a tax in price of $410 Canadian or $325usd, which I thought that in today's market, wasn't too bad. We're making progress, but it's slow.  :cheers:

JS29

Montclaire

For 4/7, picked up a parts column and some Dupli-color engine paint and Gunk brand degreaser. Previous owner had installed a flaming river manual box and had cut the power column to fit a u-joint. Going back to stock. I also borrowed a 1-1/4" socket so I can check for slack in the timing chain.

71383bee

Yesterday I got some stuff done on both cars actually.

On the 73 I reinstalled the rebuilt Distributor from Joe White and it looks fantastic.  Ill have to reset the timing once I fire her up in a week or so as I'm sure I may be off a bit.  It doesn't take much to be off when reinstalling! 

On the convert I had the most fun!  I installed a new neutral polarity flasher unit for the new LED lights.  Did some cleaning and updating of the luggage rack and decided to hell with it why don't I just convert it to electronic ignition while I had her in the driveway!  Changed out the engine forward harness, installed ignition box with mount, swaped out the coil, installed my updated firecore dizzy (also from Joe White), wired her up, and crossed fingers to see if it fired... :stayinlane: 

She fired up and was rough but after resetting the timing she settled into a rock steady idle at 850 RPM and 17 in HG with 18 degrees of initial.    Reset the mixture and took her for a spin to get our dinner.  Very noticeable improvement and very pleased with all of the parts installed.  All in all a great couple hours with both of them! 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

anlauto

Not exactly "MY" E Body, but I picked up this today.....Flustered with two other shops not being able to finish his car in a timely matter...I have been asked to finish things up....should only take a few days....

This is the car that was listed on KiJiJi for $95K CDN, I guess the owner figured he should finish it first, if he wants to sell it for that price...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration