Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

Get a trip together Mike. I am ready after the last few years. Just make sure plenty of gas stations on route.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

HP2

Was trying to go to the garage and clean up the engine bay in the Challenger...34*, wind gust to 30 mph, and 6 inches of snow have motivated to do otherwise.

dodj

Fired it up and brought it to operating temps....In anticipation of the snow going before toooo long.
Started easily and ran nice.
Then I got the new ACC Essex carpet out of the box.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

DrEamer

I had this last week of, so spent a fair amount of time working on the Challenger engine. Most the effort was on the serpentine belt system which included shimming, modifying, and running down parts. It's mostly together, but I get to see if CVF is going to help me out in the shipping damaged A/C compressor before it is all done. Also, made a mounting bracket today for the Holley Sniper coil. I just could not let myself drill a hole in the firewall to mount it.

ledphoot

Drove the Cuda out of the shop and back in under it's own power today. The cooling system, fuel system, brakes, driveline etc. is all good to go. Need to find some seat brackets and start tidying up all the wiring.. woot... This car hasn't motivated under it's own power since 1989.

jimynick

Not much, just putzing around trying to figure which header to use and disassembling the headlights. Son Nick and granddaughter Gracie bead blasted the headlight buckets and I got some cast finish paint on them. Slooowwllyy it proceeds. I've got to go and get some more single stage black so that I can splash the inner hood and trunk area. I'm torn between re-doing the Roxotone I put in the car when I initially got it back on the road, or going whole hog and painting it black. Decisions, decisions  :thinking:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Mark_B

I got my A66 ceramic coated.  Does make a difference.

71383bee

It's been so nice the past 2 weekends I was motivated to wrench on the 70 convert.  Changed the oil.  Replaced the battery cables.  Replaced the engine forward lighting harness.  Installed some new straps and a few odds and ends.  Decided to try out putting my 73 trap door air cleaner on the 318 and see how she looked.  I was very pleased!  Enough so I dropped in the battery from the 73 and fired it up.  Nice and lovely that little 318 is! 

All in time for the 1-3" of snow in the forecast for today!     :unbelievable:

Ohh well.  Spring is close! 

73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Northcuda

Quote from: DrEamer on March 14, 2021, 09:23:53 PM
I had this last week of, so spent a fair amount of time working on the Challenger engine. Most the effort was on the serpentine belt system which included shimming, modifying, and running down parts. It's mostly together, but I get to see if CVF is going to help me out in the shipping damaged A/C compressor before it is all done. Also, made a mounting bracket today for the Holley Sniper coil. I just could not let myself drill a hole in the firewall to mount it.

:drunk:
I did the same work as you this weekend with the installation of my serpentine CVF kit on my 416. But a lot of alignment work with my crank trigger. Again my water pump pulley to be aligned.
A Barracuda 70 that wants to be as big as a Cuda Trans am.

Dakota

Quote from: ledphoot on March 14, 2021, 09:30:16 PM
Drove the Cuda out of the shop and back in under it's own power today. The cooling system, fuel system, brakes, driveline etc. is all good to go. Need to find some seat brackets and start tidying up all the wiring.. woot... This car hasn't motivated under it's own power since 1989.

Like a fine wine - the moving gets sweeter the longer it sat.  Congrats!!! :banana:

DrEamer

Quote from: Northcuda on March 15, 2021, 11:45:03 AM
Quote from: DrEamer on March 14, 2021, 09:23:53 PM

:drunk:
I did the same work as you this weekend with the installation of my serpentine CVF kit on my 416. But a lot of alignment work with my crank trigger. Again my water pump pulley to be aligned.

I noticed that you are using a alternator close to what I have. did you end up using a GM/Chevy pulley to make it fit? 

392 Cuda

Getting around to posting this from yesterday...

Got the rear end back from the chassis shop (narrowed 1" on each side to deal with questionable quarter panel work from the 90s, new bearings and 1350 upgrade) and put the rear back together. Guys said the axle tubes had to be straightened a little bit as well. Haven't adjusted the pinion angle yet since the straightening.

Measured for the Frankenstein (front ball-in-cage CV and rear 1350 U) driveshaft.

Hopefully this will be the end of the vibrations... Running out of parts to swap.

Northcuda

Quote from: DrEamer on March 15, 2021, 09:15:01 PM
I noticed that you are using a alternator close to what I have. did you end up using a GM/Chevy pulley to make it fit?

I ordered from CVF a serpentine kit with GM 1 wire alternator pulley without belts and air conditioning. My engine is equipped with a crank trigger for injection and I have to adjust my pulleys.
My alternator is a Chevrolet S10 2.2L 220A
A Barracuda 70 that wants to be as big as a Cuda Trans am.

Scooter

Too nice to work on it this weekend. Wifey and I drove down to Carmel, back up thru Montery 17 mile drive. Breezy but beautiful at the coast today.

jimynick

"Breezy but beautiful at the coast today." Man, you're killing me! It was blue sky and sunshine and warm today, and I was stuck in the garage with a pair of coveralls on, and a chunk of sandpaper in my hand.  :(  I spent 4-5hrs sanding the Tigerhair and scuffing inside and out the rear valance and header panels. Anybody had the "pleasure" of sanding a rear valance for a Challenger inside and out, lately? How do you feel about sheet metal cuts? LOL Then I got some 2k high build primer on them, so that tomorrow I can putty them and sand them, again. I think I'm going to gravel guard the inside of the rear valance, enough's enough. :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"