Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

Car show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

blown motor

Went a Fireman's breakfast and then an antique threshing show that also had a small car show. Lots of antique tractors, steam engines of all kinds, log sawing, threshing machines, corn cutters, etc., etc.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

threshing show? What's that?
Something farm related?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

benlavigne

Was all hyped to do one more show, as the nice Summer weekends have been few and far between this year.... even drove a bit Saturday to make sure all was ok for the 35-mile drive to the show... and was greeted with no start when I turned the key at 6:00 AM... I had left the key on RUN the day before and the battery was dead... See I park the Challenger in the inclined driveway to my garage when I use it on the weekend, and just put it in Neutral to let it roll in the garage at night.. but contrary to my previous Mopars, an E has a locking column, so I have to turn the key.... and this time I forgot to put it back to lock... :-[ Oh well, maybe next weekend....

Ben

blown motor

Quote from: dodj on September 10, 2017, 05:17:26 PM
threshing show? What's that?
Something farm related?

Yes it is. In the old days, the grain crop was cut in the field when it was ripe, hauled to the barn and fed in to a threshing machine which beat the grain out of the head and separated it from the straw.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Tell  the man about your Gleaner, Murray! Makes me cough just remembering being in the grainry shoveling the grain around as the chute blew it in there. Young and dumb, but I DID like the old Dear John 2 cylinder chuffing away on the barn ramp running that big assed belt to the "thrashing" machine.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

usraptor

Finally got my carb back from Quickfuel.  Installed it and fired up the engine.  It was nice to hear it run again and no leaks this time.  Tested the brakes and they seemed good so I put it in first and reverse and moved it about a foot in each direction.  First time the car has moved under it's own power since 1983!  When everybody comes over tomorrow to celebrate my birthday we'll drive it up and down the driveway, video it and post it driving under its own power again, even if it's not driving on the street.

Chryco Psycho

wesome
Happy Birthday ,, sounds like a perfect way to celebrate it too  :cooldance:

IMNCARN82

That's great you got it running in time to roll it on your birthday!!  SweeT!!

Making progress here.    :wrenching:

R/T
round tail lights forever !!

jimynick

Quote from: IMNCARN82 on September 15, 2017, 07:23:15 PM
That's great you got it running in time to roll it on your birthday!!  SweeT!!

Making progress here.    :wrenching:

R/T
What're you making progress on, building a Mustang?  ;) You must have a lot of power if you're bracing a Ford 9"!  :cheers:
As for me, I cleaned the old gal up a bit and took my wife to her retirement party in it. I'd forgotten how dim those old seal beams were. LOL

Skunkworks Challenger

A very nice day in Olympia today so I fired up the Challenger and drove about twenty miles on country roads.  Oh so sweet!

HP_Cuda

Finally got the windows done and waiting on locking rods back from the paint shop.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

jimynick

Got 'er out and drove to Grand Bend where an old high school mate had rented the dragstrip. I didn't run it, as the clutch is still the original one and now is nearly all the way up before it engages and I didn't feel like pushing it 75 miles home. The mileage seems to be better than I thought as it used 22-23ltrs (virtually 5 gallons) for a clocked 105 miles. That works out to 21 miles per gallon- must be wrong, but not by much!  :wave:

Chryco Psycho

I have tuned many Mopars to get over 20 MPG
Glad you made it out to Grand Bend even if you wee only watching  :bigthumb: