Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Flatdad

Since I don't have a running build thread I'll just post a bit here.

Last weekend was a flurry of test fitting clamping and marking spots for welding. I then drilled a couple hundred holes for plug welding. Monday until now involved prepping panels with the wire wheel and some weld-thru primer with a one day break in between because the fumes were bugging me. Yesternight was welding the gas tank braces to the new trunk pan, followed by grinding, and a quick coat of paint. Next up will put clamping everything back together for the final time and welding solid!

chargerdon

Today it was 59 and sunny here in NC.   

Started my 74 Chally Plum Crazy, white interior up, and let her warm up.   It has a 360 LA engine with 9.5 compression, Mopar Purple 508 cam, Eddy rpm air gap intake,  Eddy 600 cfm 4 barrel, Patriot full headers and Flowmaster 40 mufflers.   Love that sweet sound!!  This winter swapped out the original factory 2.76 open diff, with a 3.23 sure grip and hadn't fully tested it..   tires are 235x60x14 so, the 3.23 is fine.   Its a 904 automatic with 2500 RPM stall torque converter.. 

So found a straight stretch of road and from a dead stop torqued it to 2200 and stomped the pedal...  twin 50 ft long burnout ...yep the suregrip works !!   Came to another stop, and set my stopwatch...brought it to 2000 and toed into it a little easier lto minimize wheelspin.....and shifted into 2nd at 5000, and at sixty stopped the stop watch...   0-60 in 6.1 seconds...   Not bad at all...  More fun than a roller coaster...  I know that is tame compared to what a lot of you have...but ...i love it !!

blown motor

Quote from: chargerdon on February 09, 2018, 03:44:49 PM
Today it was 59 and sunny here in NC.   

Started my 74 Chally Plum Crazy, white interior up, and let her warm up.   It has a 360 LA engine with 9.5 compression, Mopar Purple 508 cam, Eddy rpm air gap intake,  Eddy 600 cfm 4 barrel, Patriot full headers and Flowmaster 40 mufflers.   Love that sweet sound!!  This winter swapped out the original factory 2.76 open diff, with a 3.23 sure grip and hadn't fully tested it..   tires are 235x60x14 so, the 3.23 is fine.   Its a 904 automatic with 2500 RPM stall torque converter.. 

So found a straight stretch of road and from a dead stop torqued it to 2200 and stomped the pedal...  twin 50 ft long burnout ...yep the suregrip works !!   Came to another stop, and set my stopwatch...brought it to 2000 and toed into it a little easier lto minimize wheelspin.....and shifted into 2nd at 5000, and at sixty stopped the stop watch...   0-60 in 6.1 seconds...   Not bad at all...  More fun than a roller coaster...  I know that is tame compared to what a lot of you have...but ...i love it !!

So much more fun than having a trailer queen!!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

340challconvert

Rebuilding the rear brakes, cleaning, repainting the backing plates, replacing wheel cylinders, shoes, springs. Cleaning the individual parts, noting date codes, installing NOS drums, and new rear axle brake lines. :wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crash520

After, sanding the surface rust off the interior side of the roof, then applying rust converter, and then hitting it with a good quality etch primer, leaving it sit for a month and a half I decided I'd dynamat the roof, happy with the results
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

GoodysGotaCuda

Nice weather this week, got the car out quite a bit!
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

RUNCHARGER

Goody for the win! Me, I'm still a poser but getting closer I hope.
Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 15, 2018, 06:49:40 PM
Goody for the win! Me, I'm still a poser but getting closer I hope.

Always good news when things are getting closer.  :bigthumb:

We've had a few brisk mornings, for North Texas. No problemo for EFI!

My work colleague drives a Prius, I made sure to keep some distance from it.   :pokeeye:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

IRON MAN

Got a little creative today and made a pair of T/A hood hinge support rods to alleviate the need for hood springs. Been making preparations to install the T/A hood. Here is a pic with the factory springs still in place on the R/T hood while the support rods are trial fitted. One rod is mounted and the other is laying on the fender.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: IRON MAN on February 15, 2018, 09:20:23 PM
Got a little creative today and made a pair of T/A hood hinge support rods to alleviate the need for hood springs. Been making preparations to install the T/A hood. Here is a pic with the factory springs still in place on the R/T hood while the support rods are trial fitted. One rod is mounted and the other is laying on the fender.

Looking like a good idea congrats

Brads70

340challconvert

Quote from: Crash520 on February 15, 2018, 06:24:05 PM
After, sanding the surface rust off the interior side of the roof, then applying rust converter, and then hitting it with a good quality etch primer, leaving it sit for a month and a half I decided I'd dynamat the roof, happy with the results
I can appreciate the work it takes to remove the surface rust. I've been doing similar work removing surface rust on my A66 Challenger metal. Brutal. I coated after with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator, then epoxy primed. Thought that should help prevent rust return!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

jimynick

I introduced my sleeping, not-really-beauty, to her new wheels and tires. she was too excited for me to put them on her, but that'll happen pretty soon. Got the roller cam and the piston pin clips, too. They've still got great wings at Goodfellows in N.Falls, NY. The GD tax man put a nearly $300 dent in my skull as well. Hope this works out!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"