Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JpRngr

Quote from: Msbaugh440 on February 24, 2019, 06:39:01 PM
Trying to figure out the best way to trailer my car to my new home... it has no steering or brakes ( except for the parking brake, which works). Any tips on getting it up on a trailer without a winch? Should I buy a winch? I could get it moving on it's on power, but don't trust doing that with only a parking brake... lol!

Do you have a Harbor Freight around? They usually have a cheap electric 2-3K lb winch that should easily pull it up on a trailer.

Msbaugh440

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on February 24, 2019, 06:52:42 PM
Trying to figure out the best way to trailer my car to my new home... it has no steering or brakes ( except for the parking brake, which works). Any tips on getting it up on a trailer without a winch? Should I buy a winch? I could get it moving on it's on power, but don't trust doing that with only a parking brake... lol!

No steering can be a problem, what's the story there?

I bought my Dart with no brakes and just had AAA come get it. Driver raised an eye brow and loaded it up. Hadn't driven since 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically I have the steering column torn apart and don't know if I'll be able to rebuild it before my move date.

Msbaugh440

Quote from: JpRngr on February 24, 2019, 07:21:37 PM

Do you have a Harbor Freight around? They usually have a cheap electric 2-3K lb winch that should easily pull it up on a trailer.

I sure do, I'll check one out and see what's available for winches

dodj

Quote from: jimynick on January 17, 2019, 07:05:22 PM
"Get yourself a 12" piece of 3/4" EMT for doing the roller bearings"  EMT? some kind of tubing? and how does it work with the roller bearings?  :huh:
Sorry for the late reply Ian. CP described it quite well as to how you use it. It is the perfect diameter for the job. EMT stands for Electrical Metallic Tubing. It is a thin wall conduit that sells for about 6 bucks for an 8 foot piece. Any electrical supplier sells it. Home depot does as well but costs a little more.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dodj

Adding '70-'71 headlight brackets to '73 fenders..
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 25, 2019, 07:22:19 PM
Good job: It looks better in your car.
Makes me wonder what car it came out of. All the pics of your cars I've seen have been awesome cars....usually hemis.
Thanks again for selling me the grille  :drinkingbud:

RUNCHARGER

I'm glad you're putting it to good use. I hate selling parts but it makes me feel better when they get put to use.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

I started it and drove it. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

dodj

cuda hunter

No, not an m46.  Just a simple ole /6 yellow 67 abody.   with a few things changed around.   :rofl: :haha:
Those tires are a pain in the ass on the snow though. 
I remember when this car was a daily driver in Colorado Springs and it had 14's on it during the winter for snow driving.  I had studded snows on it. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

340challconvert

Cut out the right side trunk extension and bottom of quarter to be fixed with AMD pieces. :wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

dodj

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 28, 2019, 06:41:47 AM
No, not an m46.  Just a simple ole /6 yellow 67 abody.   with a few things changed around.   :rofl: :haha:
Betcha it gets lots of looks coming through the snow! I normally don't like the big wing on 'other cars' but I like that one. Kinda makes me think mad max. Now if it had a blower sticking through the hood....