Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER, mtull and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

303 Mopar

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: YellowThumper on March 16, 2019, 08:37:13 PM
Worked on front brakes because one started pulling bad.
Then my adhd kicked in and decided to adapt/fabricate a bracket that mounts into a jack stand. This way I can repair and finish at my leasure. Ordered parts so brakes get to wait.
Next up was to remove front valance and start tucking bumper in to match rear I already did.

I've had good luck just running the jack stand on two studs

The only sketchy part about bolting or resting the stand on the studs is how the suspension moves when you load it. It'll try to roll the stand out, couple deadblow taps as it's loaded helps keep the stand flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

benlavigne

There are a lot of people who say they are ok with listening to just the engine music,but for me, vintage music is part of the experience of driving a vintage car...
So I had to install a sound system in the Challenger, without disrupting the original AM-FM 5-speaker radio or the glovebox.
In the past have used regular head units tucked under the seat, wiith a remote control, but the remote needed to point at the radio, so I removed the ''eye'' on the remote, with a 6-foot wire to the remote body, and mounted it next to receiver, giving me a wired remote..
For this install, I researched the ''Secret Audio'' setup, with a hidden black box and an RF remote, at approx. 350$ US plus shipping, exchange, etc...  I then found a unit from Clarion, CMS20, designed for boat applications, which basically did the same thing, but with a wired remote remote. It has AM_FM, naturally, but USB, aux, Bluetooth  and SIRIUS XM inputs, for about 160$. It's a simple three-wire install (Switched 12V, Light and Ground, for which I used the original radio's wiring), plus speakers, Which I've installed in removeable boxes that I leave on the back floor. System has great sound, loud enough to enjoy Led Zep or the Beatles... I have a USB stick with lots of tunes that I leave in place, and can use my iPod which has most of my music, via Bluetooth. I did not get the Sirius XM tuner, as I already have one that is plugged in the Aux. input.

Ben

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on March 17, 2019, 09:09:41 AM
Then my adhd kicked in and decided to adapt/fabricate a bracket that mounts into a jack stand. This way I can repair and finish at my leasure. Ordered parts so brakes get to wait.
Next up was to remove front valance and start tucking bumper in to match rear I already did.

The only sketchy part about bolting or resting the stand on the studs is how the suspension moves when you load it. It'll try to roll the stand out, couple deadblow taps as it's loaded helps keep the stand flat.

Yes I was careful to keep it proper when loading the suspension. It did take a few taps.
As far as sitting on the studs, we are in earthquake country out here. Would not trust that method.  Last time I had it suspended on all 4s solidly. We had a fairly large one and car actually walked about an inch and a half towards my Mustang.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Quote from: YellowThumper on March 17, 2019, 07:41:12 PM
Yes I was careful to keep it proper when loading the suspension. It did take a few taps.
As far as sitting on the studs, we are in earthquake country out here. Would not trust that method.  Last time I had it suspended on all 4s solidly. We had a fairly large one and car actually walked about an inch and a half towards my Mustang.
:unbelievable:
I've been in four minor (4.3-5.7) earthquakes. Gives you an odd sense of insecurity. Like hmmmm. The ground isn't solid anymore. Not a fan...Glad they don't occur around here.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GoodysGotaCuda

Sounds like good reason to me. No quakes here, just giant hail and tornaders!

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on March 19, 2019, 01:40:58 PM

Sounds like good reason to me. No quakes here, just giant hail and tornadoes!

Native of Wisconsin and have been in the middle of a tornado. Our house lost lawn furniture. House next door lost windows and some shingles. House next to that lost, well... the house...

I will take earthquake every day of the week.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Well my good buddy Mike FINALLY got some paint on the old 68. Looks fantastic, got to spend the day yesterday with him installing side glass. What a chore that is......  He hopes to be driving it very soon! Funny so many people are bugging him to buy it!  :bigmoney: It's a real R/T 440/4 speed with 60,000ish miles on it. It got hit hard early in its life than left for dead, but Mike saved another one!
Before and after pictures. Mike is talented for sure! I really enjoy learning from him! If your the praying type , please say a prayer for Mike , he is dealing with cancer, with not a very optimistic future.  :('

RUNCHARGER

Wow! Great save on a great car. Hoping the best for him.
Sheldon

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

340challconvert

Look ma; No more rusty trunk extension! :wrenching:
Time to mock up the lower qtr panel patch.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

What's left to the bottom of the quarter!   :unbelievable:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

IMNCARN82

round tail lights forever !!