Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Today was a really nice day so I pulled my rear end out and took it to a buddy's shop to swap out the 3:55 for 4:10. I found the RPM's too low at hwy speeds with my OD 

Summer is coming!  :D :burnout:

MOPAR FANATIC

:thinking: BRAD/correct me if i'm wrong,aren't you running a MD8 OR 4L60E GM Tranny in your chally.what rpm at say,70=80 mph with the 3;55 where ya turning.4:10'S WILL defintintly get off the line quicker and more stomp out of the corners,i love my newer chally with the sixspeed,can cruise 75-80 at 2100-2300 rpm and great milege.buddy was here a few years back with his blown 360 chally with 4:10's 4 speed,needless to say there wasn't ant bare payment around the block where i live without rubber everywhere.out to the car show was a different story,45=5000 rpm to get to 55-65 mph.

Cuda Cody

:popcorn:  Going to be fun seeing what everyone is doing!

I'm on engine duty for the next few weeks.  Have 3 engines to finish up and paint soon.  Just got a 4 speed trans back from Brewers too.  Really want to get that Purple T/A on the road for this summer.

Brads70

Quote from: MOPAR FANATIC on March 21, 2017, 03:50:26 PM
:thinking: BRAD/correct me if i'm wrong,aren't you running a MD8 OR 4L60E GM Tranny in your chally.what rpm at say,70=80 mph with the 3;55 where ya turning.4:10'S WILL defintintly get off the line quicker and more stomp out of the corners,i love my newer chally with the sixspeed,can cruise 75-80 at 2100-2300 rpm and great milege.buddy was here a few years back with his blown 360 chally with 4:10's 4 speed,needless to say there wasn't ant bare payment around the block where i live without rubber everywhere.out to the car show was a different story,45=5000 rpm to get to 55-65 mph.

Yes the 4L60 OD,  75-80 MPH was around 2300-2500, at 65mph it was 2000 rpms too low for my engine combo. The 4L60 has a 3.06 first gear so this should wake it up some....

blown motor

Did some touch up painting on the engine and painted the thermostat housing. It was cast, picked it up used last summer to replace my leaky chrome one. Also cleaned my windows. My gauge cluster is supposed to be done today. Should have it back by this time next week.  :banana:  :banana:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Aar1064

I worked on removing scratches and polishing my rear glass. Finally figured out how to do it and will post results on another thread.

jimynick

After spending 4-5 hours sanding/painting on son Jim's GD Horizon and as it was a lovely, sunny day; I moved all the Horizon parts and all the vehicles in the drive and pulled my poor old Challenger out! Drove it over to Kitchener (at 4pm- dumb idea) and filled it with some 97 cents per litre fuel. Got it hot enough to finally blow the schmutz out of the exhaust and put a smaile on my face into the bargain. Back into it's hidey hole for a while.  :)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

turbostang7

Not today but this last weekend, pulled the engine and trans. Found this awesome custom exhaust hanger too!

jimynick

That's the rare BS1 option that combined exhaust hanger and static discharge function! Sometimes they came in pairs and the really rare ones were galvanized.  :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

Yet another day of waiting for parts, very unusual.
Sheldon

ec_co

these last couple weekends in Colorado were spectacular in the 70s, died/painted all of my interior plastic trim blue and working on trunk repairs hillbilly style. this weekend looks like it won't be so nice, so we'll see
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

MOPAR FANATIC

Quote from: jimynick on March 21, 2017, 07:15:21 PM
That's the rare BS1 option that combined exhaust hanger and static discharge function! Sometimes they came in pairs and the really rare ones were galvanized.  :yes:
Got that right bs1 is correct and VERY,VERY RARE,came on only two HEMI cars I know of.seen em go on e-bay for over $2,000.00.  :haha:  :rofl:

turbostang7

I suppose I should not have thrown it away then!

xs29j8

Well, actually was Monday when I let my friend Dave drive my `Cuda 440-6 for refueling to have it ready to go for the car show this coming weekend....

I will post a much longer video in a separate thread later today,  but for now here is Dave's return from refueling the `Cuda...

https://youtu.be/UapBckVTDLU

and from an onboard cam

https://youtu.be/v-WYCitHfhE