Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Reppin' e-bodies shirt at a local parade today.

Ed

Stripped  SE tailpanel I got off ebay.  Want to restore it .

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

Finally getting serious about installing the new two piece trunk floor.

A lot of trial fitting, determining where to drill the holes for spot welding. 
Toughest chore; trying to level up the frame rail edges so that the floor sits flat.
Decent fit, but many "adjustments" to the trunk floor fitment so that everything installs correctly.
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

GrandpaKevin

We took my wife's Challenger to a small town car show.

This town and car show is one of my wife's favorites, we've gone to the show many times over the years as spectators and she has always wanted to take her car there.
The car got lots of attention and thumbs up everywhere.

About 120 miles round trip which is certainly the furthest her car has been driven in well over 30 years. :burnout:

The old clunker ran great on he highway with the 3.23 gears.

Chryco Psycho

The Chall looks great  :bigthumb:
Glad you got to get out & have fun with your wife & the car !

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 08, 2019, 06:28:57 PM
The Chall looks great  :bigthumb:
Glad you got to get out & have fun with your wife & the car !

Thanks. After sitting for soo many years it's nice to get the car out to drive and enjoy it. :twothumbsup:

benlavigne

Had a busy week!
Removed the R/T longitudinal stripe, as my car is an A66... Now it has a cool ''ghost'' stripe... but you really need to know and look for it! It will probably disappear with a wet sanding of the clear... I'll have the bumble bee done in vinyl wrap until I get my body and paint guy to take off the T/A spoiler, fill those holes, paint the stripe and install the Go-Wing that the car originally came with. I'll have the vinyl stripe width match the spoiler until I take it off.
Also removed the glasspack/Thrush\Cherry Bomb-type mufflers and replaced with Magnaflow mufflers, nor resonators, and with an X-Pipe. Sounds much more civilized and quieter, more in character with the car!
Yesterday, I got a great gift from a friend (Nick from Nick's Garage): a NOS block heater, that I will install on the car, as it had one from the factory... will be funny to see the reactions from Southerners when they see that electric cord attached to the battery bracket... ;-)
Then today, while coming back from the grocery store, I crossed paths with another Go-Mango 1970 Challenger that I had not seen in years...

Ben

tnljohnson

Finally got to take it out on a decent day. My daughter offered to take some pics so I could have something to hang in my office at work.

Anytime I can be out driving this car is a GREAT day.

Cuda70-74

Getting the cuda read for expoxy primer and found out the repro rear leaf spring perch i bought for the 68 charger is off by a inch. So the leaf spring is  not seating right. I ordered a amd one hopefully it fits correctly.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: tnljohnson on June 26, 2019, 07:03:26 PM
Finally got to take it out on a decent day. My daughter offered to take some pics so I could have something to hang in my office at work.

Anytime I can be out driving this car is a GREAT day.

Great pix of a great looking car , Welcome to the site Also !!  :twothumbsup:

benlavigne

Getting ready for those cold mornings coming soon!
Joking, it will never get used, but since my car has it on the Broadcast sheet, and the actual elements are still attached to the block, I installed the N.O.S. block heater that my friend Nick has given me!
Not sure how it the cord would have been attached in 1970, but I'm pretty sure it would not have been with zipties, so I found some paper-wrapped wires that we used to use for garbage bags, looks more vintage...

Ben

Chryco Psycho

GoodysGotaCuda

Put about 150miles on it this week. Going to address a little highway exhaust drone here soon, but it sure is nice to drive these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cudakiller70

Made a starter heat shield