Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

360fish

Quote from: Ric on August 25, 2019, 06:34:38 PM
85 miles today....drove it everywhere , beautiful day just cruising
Sounds awesome!   :needphotos:

:driving:
1973 'Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to '72 offset

Ric

Cuda70-74

Spotted a challenger at ace hardware
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

71-440

Well after more consideration I am pulling the cam. Going with a Lunati roller.
So I started pulling it apart. Taking pics as I go because it's all after-market stuff. March pulleys serpentine belts etc. got the dizzy out, a/c compressor out, alt. out, power steering
pump out of the way, drained the rad, got the hoses off, disconnected the tranny lines and ready to pull the alum. radiator.   

What I originally found was a cam lobe that looked  funky. And the lifter showed signs of not rotating. I was going to just change the lifters and rockers but after showing Neil that
lobe and lifter he suggested changing the cam and I agree. Why take the chance. I was trying to save some money but in the long run I probably would end up wiping that lobe and
redoing everything anyway. And spending more money and time. And maybe screwing something else up.

Neil is going to get me the specs for the cam and I'll order it. Probably going to set me back at least a grand.  :bricks:

Joe

RUNCHARGER

Yes: That is hooped, good catch nice and early. There shouldn't be any bearing damage yet.
Sheldon

RJChallenger

I started installing my new Legendary seat covers and foam on my sandblasted frames. 2 coats of black epoxy primer will help keep the frames stay clean. The Legendary video makes it look easy, which for the most part it was. Definitely a good job for a helper. Tomorrow the seat bottom

340challconvert

Quote from: RJChallenger on August 28, 2019, 06:15:22 PM
I started installing my new Legendary seat covers and foam on my sandblasted frames. 2 coats of black epoxy primer will help keep the frames stay clean. The Legendary video makes it look easy, which for the most part it was. Definitely a good job for a helper. Tomorrow the seat bottom
RJ Nice job with the seat covers! :wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

First start in way too long , drove it out of the garage to under the carport to continue removing the billboard.
Did the passenger door peeling it off by hand.
May try the 3M spray for the next portion , or may keep going by hand till my patience wears out, so far it has come off ok, small pieces but I am expecting that .

RJChallenger

I recovered the drivers side bottom with Legendary covers. Getting ready to install the tracks. I'm very happy with the results and my workmanship. I'm glad I listened to everyone who said only get Legendary. That's one seat down Thanks

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

"Neil is going to get me the specs for the cam and I'll order it. Probably going to set me back at least a grand.  :bricks:"- Whaaa? I bought a custom grind Lunati roller for, I believe $304 and that was directly from Lunati and based on their recommendations. I know the lifters won't be cheap, though. Good catch, she was on the verge!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

YellowThumper

Found homes and removed all the junk piled on it again  :pullinghair:
Going to drive it to work tomorrow.  :yes:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 29, 2019, 08:34:35 PM
cam kit lifters springs etc

:iagree:  I just bought a custom hyd roller cam, lifters, springs, retainers, locks ..... total was $1134
Not cheap, but it's cheaper than rebuilding the engine when a cam fails..... :alan2cents:

303 Mopar

The dog jumped in the Dart to go to school....