Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

blown motor

How did you manage to find two cars with the same birthday?!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Gary

Pure luck.  We already owned the Challenger.  The Charger owner had talked to us about restoring it.  In the year or so it took us to get to his car, he found a 70 GTX.  He asked what it would take to get off the list.  We said nothing just say the word, and asked him what he was going to do with the Charger.  He said sell it, the price was right, so we went to look at it.  It was a project, in pieces,  but numbers correct.  Even though it was an automatic car. The numbers correct, color, buckets, console, made it interesting to us. So we bought it.  It was a couple months later my brother was checking something out on the Challenger. He comes back in the shop and said guess what?  Both cars have the same build date. I couldn't believe it. Like they always say, it's better to be lucky than good.

ec_co

last night scheduled my metal work for early Oct, today placed my order for AMD parts and scheduled paint for Nov  .... hard to believe it's actually going to finally happen  :veryexcited:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cudakiller70

Pulled the trans, looking for a new bell housing. Too hot 106 to do any more .

Bought proper HP exhaust manifolds for my 68 440.
Have a broken stud , so figure may as well try to fit these in when repairing the stud.

Quote from: 73440 on August 17, 2019, 10:16:35 AM
Bought proper HP exhaust manifolds for my 68 440.
Have a broken stud , so figure may as well try to fit these in when repairing the stud.

7E-Bodies

Got the cookie sheet all prepped and fitted on the 70 RT. Only sheet metal screws and clamps for a while until I get everything dialed in. So close to getting this sarcophagus onto the rotisserie. Planning to attack this thing soon while the 440 is getting freshened up.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

Found a bottle of Hacker that had rolled to the back of my shop fridge. Oh happy day. Decided to continue on with gas tank fitting.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

erik70rt

Off with the 14s and on with the 15s.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

jimynick

Drove the old gal back out to Moparfest, passing JB in his Cuda 'vert on the way and spent a good day in the company of fellow members here! There may, or may not, have been malt beverages involved and I got 'er home with just a splash of rain on the way. There were some really beautiful cars there today and for those who've never gone, you're missing a great show.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Finally after several years, I got the steering coupler cover to stay on. With the help of course with the retainer clip. Saw this ad last week on another thread, ordered and received.  It would have been easy to install if the cover had fit better, but ,finally got it done.

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dave73

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on August 20, 2019, 06:26:45 PM
Finally after several years, I got the steering coupler cover to stay on. With the help of course with the retainer clip. Saw this ad last week on another thread, ordered and received.  It would have been easy to install if the cover had fit better, but ,finally got it done.

Where do I get one of those retainer clips??

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Mopar A B E Body 66-73 3" Steering Coupler Retainer Clamp STAINLESS DMT 2996935

eBay ".......$9.95 free shipping.

dave73

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on August 20, 2019, 07:12:59 PM
Mopar A B E Body 66-73 3" Steering Coupler Retainer Clamp STAINLESS DMT 2996935

eBay ".......$9.95 free shipping.

Awesome thanks! Didn't know that was a thing, mine was such a bear to put on, I've been waiting for it to spontaneously pop off ha!