Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Finished total stripping and minor sheet metal ding repairs on the 7 RT tail panel and metal prepped/epoxied with DP40. Kinda liked the chrome look at first, but not on the build sheet.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Brads70

It was a nice sunny day and I pulled a bit of a "Forest Gump"   I just kept running( in this case driving)
Ended up in Kirkfield (Ontario) visited my Great Grandparents, Grandparents , Uncles, Aunts graves and paid my respects. I then went over to the "Lift Locks" and watched a few boats go thru. Really a marvel of engineering as it was built quite some time ago. Basically is a great big elevator that lifts up water and boats . Just a wee bit of tonnage lifted there wow! Here are a few pictures. Though some might find it interesting....  Spent about 4 hours away 3 1/2 driving and only used just under half a tank of fuel! Gotta love BB Strokers and OD transmissions!  :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkfield_Lift_Lock

( not my video)

Chryco Psycho

Awesome Brad !!
I live near some amazing locks too !!

Ric

50+ on the Cuda  Sat  60+ On the Chall Sun..... :P
just lovin this weather...

Wayne

Finished installing all the front end pieces.  Was concerned about everything aligning up since I know there was a frontal impact to some degree. One of the bumper brackets was cracked and welded.  Bought new ones and things went together pretty well   

Although looking at the picture the bumper looks a little high on the driver side...well have to double check that.
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

7E-Bodies

worthywads

Quote from: benlavigne on October 12, 2019, 09:45:19 PM
This weekend is all about B-bodies!, ones with wings, mainly, as I am in Alabama for the 50th anniversary celebration of the aaaero cars Friday we were invited at Tim Wellborn's mansion, Saturday at the museum. Sunday we will caravan to Talladega for the race, there will be a special parking area on the infield.
Even Ricky Bobby is here!

Ben

I attended the Aero Warrior Reunion also Ben.  Did we run into each other, I did talk with a few Canadians.  I was with my Cousin Eric who had his Red/Orange Daytona, he also has a yellow Superbird.  You may have seen a video of him doing a donut in the American Inn parking lot if you are on the Aero Warrior Facebook page.

What a epic event.

jimynick

A nice day here in southern Ontario and I got the old gal out and ran over to Stratford where I met Blown Motor for lunch. He was driving Black Betty, his sweet 68 RT 440 car and we ran all over hell's half acre admiring the change in colours, but we struck out trying for a beer in Wellesley and then Shakespeare, so we called it a day. Back in Kitchener I managed to avoid the Octoberfest loonies and topped up the wee piggy and took 'er back home.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

7E-Bodies

Curious about the beer comment. Scarce up there?

blown motor

Wellesley is a small town with one watering hole which, it turns out, is closed on Monday and Tuesday. Shakespeare is a village with a craft brewery which was also closed. We did find a couple neat, hilly, windy roads though.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 16, 2019, 04:31:03 AM
Lol my first thought with comment was they had a "history" there and would not be served.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

blown motor

Quote from: YellowThumper on October 16, 2019, 08:32:31 AM
Lol my first thought with comment was they had a "history" there and would not be served.

It was Ian's fault! @jimynick
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: YellowThumper on October 16, 2019, 08:32:31 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: That's more believable !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: worthywads on October 15, 2019, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on October 12, 2019, 09:45:19 PM
This weekend is all about B-bodies!, ones with wings, mainly, as I am in Alabama for the 50th anniversary celebration of the aaaero cars Friday we were invited at Tim Wellborn's mansion, Saturday at the museum. Sunday we will caravan to Talladega for the race, there will be a special parking area on the infield.
Even Ricky Bobby is here!

Ben

I attended the Aero Warrior Reunion also Ben.  Did we run into each other, I did talk with a few Canadians.  I was with my Cousin Eric who had his Red/Orange Daytona, he also has a yellow Superbird.  You may have seen a video of him doing a donut in the American Inn parking lot if you are on the Aero Warrior Facebook page.

What a epic event.

Haha, saw the video, it had people talking... it's rare that you can say that, but which red Daytona was his? lol! I was with a few friends, one had an orange Bird that was driven 1500 miles to the show (had some stained glass decorations hung from the hood at the drive-in on Saturday), and one had the beater primer /red Daytona. Here's a pic of my ugly mug with a bunch of weird-looking cars...
What an epic event for sure, over 100 Birds, a dozen 500's  and 40 Daytonas in the same spot! Hope to make it again in 2024...

Ben

CudaMoparRay

Fooled around putting a shifter boot on my automatic but a little too thick under the plate.
Just cut it so can be put over shifter for "show only"
Not perfect but gives a good illusion  :haha: