Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on December 30, 2019, 12:52:31 PM
Quote from: gzig5 on December 30, 2019, 12:28:44 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 30, 2019, 12:15:20 PM
Yup: That's great stuff. I've long been tempted to buy a C2 or C3 Corvette and swap a nice 340 and A833 into it just because.

That should make some bow tie aficionados heads explode.
Hmm ...Thinking of put an LS into my barracuda.
:o
I'm not sure that should be allowed.....

Ok...I'm sure now....nope.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YellowThumper

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on December 30, 2019, 04:23:41 PM
Took measurements in order to install my "new" gran coupe door panel trims

Looking for a BAN stick now... :wave:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

7E-Bodies

Dreamed of it while I was getting a 4" needle sunk into my left knee joint. Perhaps tomorrow I'll limp into the shop and continue on with major progress being made on the right side quarter panel replacement. From a rolling shop stool of course...
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ec_co

ordered my M&H dash harness. got in contact with slant 6 guru Doug Dutra and starting to discuss him doing my engine build, wooohooooo
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

dodj

Quote from: ec_co on December 30, 2019, 06:41:23 PM
got in contact with slant 6 guru Doug Dutra and starting to discuss him doing my engine build, wooohooooo
What kind of numbers can a slant deliver?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ec_co

Quote from: dodj on December 30, 2019, 07:07:40 PM
Quote from: ec_co on December 30, 2019, 06:41:23 PM
got in contact with slant 6 guru Doug Dutra and starting to discuss him doing my engine build, wooohooooo
What kind of numbers can a slant deliver?

N/A @170-200hp is easy. I won't be going the forced induction route, but they take it very well and can do 300hp+ (there are a couple monster 400hp+ racers out there)

a few goodies

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Topcat

Dave & Angie did a fuel injected /6 before that was really trick.
Smooth streetable  over 250 HP at least. Probably alot more est.

7E-Bodies

With wood stove roaring, headed out to the shop to grind out the remaining few scraps of the right quarter. Everything underneath was in amazing condition, for which I'm grateful. Then it'll be onto cleaning up all of the contact surfaces for the new AMD quarter and checking fitment. Cover me, I'm going in!

JS29

@7E-Bodies There is nothing like that nice dry heat from a wood stove, is there. Got one in my house, State won't allow one in a bodyshop. Although my paint booth has fin tube from my boiler that is quite close to that kind of heat.  :alan2cents:

7E-Bodies

Yep, I love the solitude. It's the only type of therapist I'm allowed to take a chainsaw to  :rofl:

JS29

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on December 31, 2019, 08:21:21 AM
Yep, I love the solitude. It's the only type of therapist I'm allowed to take a chainsaw to  :rofl:
Ya know I say the same about bodywork, You can hit someone's car with a hammer and NOT get in trouble for doing it.   :alan2cents:

jimynick

Nick continued to disassemble the doors and I got the fenders coated with some high-build primer so that I can get some putty on them and get blocking. The slog continues! Happy New Year everybody!
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

7E-Bodies

Beginning fitment of the RR AMD quarter on the 70. Looks like I have some typical AMD underbends to contend with. It was expected since the left side was no different. Left is now dialed in exactly so I'm confident I'm only a month or two away in tweaks, snips, stitch welds and bend adjustments, but hey...I'm glad I'm capable. Also glad to have removed the old quarter on this "ready for paint" project. Found some shoddy fender bender auto body repairs from the 70s or early 80s and some minor rust that was behind the old quarter. Still zero regrets and the previous owner was honest. I'll know that under everything, she'll be perfect. OCD finally pays off. Sorry for the sideways photos, I didn't do that!

vert

Removed a blown tire that had been on its 15x7 rallye rim for probably 20 yrs.  Lowered the lift on it to break the bead.