Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on January 01, 2020, 03:40:49 PM
Looks like I have some typical AMD underbends to contend with.
I believe you should check the gas fill tube/cap fit on the quarter as well.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

7E-Bodies

In a quick check, it looked good, but I plan to hang the tank, place the rubber boot, install the fill tube hardware and fuel cap assembly before actually welding the panel after I'm done with all adjustments. Great call though.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

CudaMoparRay

Popped the hood open so no mice or rats decide to sleep in the engine compartment.

GoodysGotaCuda

Not much to work on, so I keep putting miles on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

JS29

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on January 01, 2020, 11:46:53 PM
Popped the hood open so no mice or rats decide to sleep in the engine compartment.
I have mouse traps with peanut butter around my car, and a twenty pound cat (mancoon) breed they tell me, that is a vicious killer that is all business. Hence his name Luca Bratsa named from the character in the Godfather movie.   :bye:Rodents!

jimynick

Quote from: JS29 on January 02, 2020, 06:42:32 AM
Quote from: CudaMoparRay on January 01, 2020, 11:46:53 PM
I have mouse traps with peanut butter around my car, and a twenty pound cat (mancoon) breed they tell me, that is a vicious killer that is all business. Hence his name Luca Bratsa named from the character in the Godfather movie.   :bye:Rodents!
LOL Love the bit about the cat! BUT, remember how that ended; "Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes"  :D
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JS29

@jimynick   :haha: There are red fox and coy dogs around my neighborhood, and when he is out after dark I was thinking that same thing. But he likes to eat the fishes, than sleep.  I have seen him take out a chipmunk in a flash. He doesn't play games with them.  :yes:

73_Cuda_4_Me

It wasn't sunny like it was yesterday, but took advantage of some dry roads to take a 50+ mile cruise down the road... On January 3rd!!! My Cuda hasn't ever seen the road in January in 16+years!

:banana: :banana: :banana:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

7E-Bodies

Door, fender and trunk were all perfectly aligned with the original quarter before removal. Looks like January is going to be a long month, but this isn't my first rodeo by far. Simply the initial fit assessment. The secret? Small adjustments and small pie cuts...and of course 15-20 remove/replace operations. For an AMD Challenger quarter, a typical starting place.

7E-Bodies

...and sorry for rotated pics. I didn't do that!   :verymad:

dodj

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on January 03, 2020, 04:56:42 PM
...and sorry for rotated pics. I didn't do that!   :verymad:
Oh...thought you had it on the rotisserie... :D
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

For me, not such drama. Board filing the high build, getting ready for the putty. Spent 2 hrs with a board on one fender alone and that's just to get it to where the putty can be applied. I'm beginning to see where these $12,000 paint job guys are coming from. LOL  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

Started spraying WD40 into the front frame rails at the k-member bolts in preparation for the eventual swap for the QA! k-member.
Also removed the front sway bar.....baby steps...
Examined the ball joints etc. Seem fine but ..they are 25 years old. Should I just change them anyway?

Chryco Psycho

I would use a real penetrant like Liquid Wrench , WD40 is useless .
If the original ball joints are tight I would not replace them , may be better made years ago than now