Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Quote from: Msbaugh440 on March 26, 2020, 09:02:04 PM
Thanks for the advice! My plan was to do it the hard way and try to remove the whole existing floor pan in one piece without cutting it up. Then take measurement on all the spot welds and sit it on top of the new AMD piece.

Is there any reason to have the floor under the hump stick out so far underneath? I feel like it would just trap dirt and moisture. Do you seam seal joints from the bottom of the floor like you do on the top?
I don't know about the why of the spacing, so I just duplicated the factory's way. Most of these restored cars are either trailer queens or cars that only get driven on the 4th sunny Sunday of a summer month, so dirt and crud isn't an issue. Having said that, I DID seal both inner and outer seams, since we all know that wherever water can get between two panels on an E body, it WILL rust!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

jimynick

Doh! I forgot my own car, but it consisted of about 5 hours blocking/sanding/puttying the rear body with the prospect of more tomorrow. This is the curse of re-doing a black car!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Blake@diyhemi.com

Picked up these, thanks to my good buddy Mr. Mark for telling me about them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

blown motor

I did a little cleaning and gave it an oil change. It's good to go.  :stayinlane:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on March 30, 2020, 03:10:14 PM
I did a little cleaning and gave it an oil change. It's good to go.  :stayinlane:

Did ya get any on that new concrete?  :D :pokeeye:

blown motor

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Saturday, took a chance to get some of this cheap gas.  $2.559. Super.  Before the lockdown.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Shakedown runs on my street, having a blast

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

blown motor

I took Nina out for her first run of the season. After all the trouble to figure out why she wouldn't start she ran great. Colour me happy.  :D

headejm

Radiator saddle blackout! Finally warming up a bit here so I decided to do the blackout on the radiator saddle. Seems a little sad that you have to spray black all over your beautiful new paint.  Oh well, gotta do it.  :crying:

JS29

headejm

Whiskey ran out right when I got started.  :rofl:

Mr Lee

Drivers seat done (except for the tracks).  Legendary seat covers.  Their you tube videos were hepful for this first-timer.  Happy with the results. 

Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Chryco Psycho

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill