Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

We went back to the office yesterday for the first time in a month or so.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Mr Lee

Someone should make that sound a ringtone because it sounds bad ass!!  Very nice [emoji106] [emoji106]
Car looks great too. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Scooter

Quote from: 71340RT on May 01, 2020, 09:18:25 PM
It has a good rumble at idle know with the extreme diablo sport tune in the 5.7 with the new flowtech mufflers. Now I can hear other people talk in the car till I get on it and will be able to live with the longer trips I take with the Challenger.

Nice work, did you fab up the hangers tacked to the mufflers yourself? Don't think I've ever seen that setup before. Which model Flowtech's did you use?

And a seriously OT question. I'm getting ready to drill holes to install hood pins on my 74 bulge hood, would you mind posting up or shooting me a message with a few photos of your install? Curious where you affixed the lanyards under the hood as pins were not a factory option for our year.   

71383bee

71340RT your ride looks real nice!

I like your tail panel treatment. I've been contemplating doing the same 72 rallye treatment to mine. Mine was painted all black by the previous owner and I've been angling towards redoing it the stock argent with black inlays. Seeing yours though has given me second thoughts! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Topcat

Finally re arranged the rear speaker and rear de-fogger into their correct locations.
Sound is much better now from Stereo. I never had a good tube prior.

Put on Plymouth emblem on front of hood. NOS stick on type. Dead nuts  to my OEM 3 pin one.

Decided to put the chrome rings back on the headlights for a while. NOS one's I bought many years ago.

71340RT

Quote from: Scooter on May 02, 2020, 07:04:55 AM
It has a good rumble at idle know with the extreme diablo sport tune in the 5.7 with the new flowtech mufflers. Now I can hear other people talk in the car till I get on it and will be able to live with the longer trips I take with the Challenger.

Nice work, did you fab up the hangers tacked to the mufflers yourself? Don't think I've ever seen that setup before. Which model Flowtech's did you use?

And a seriously OT question. I'm getting ready to drill holes to install hood pins on my 74 bulge hood, would you mind posting up or shooting me a message with a few photos of your install? Curious where you affixed the lanyards under the hood as pins were not a factory option for our year.
I will get some pictures of the hood pin set up Sunday and post for you. On the mufflers they are the 14 inch with the fiberglass packing and my muffler shop told me what his plans were for the hangers on the mufflers and I told him to go for it. Worked out very good and sounds great at idle or when you get on it..
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

JS29

Took the old gran coupe for this season's maiden voyage!!!! got too blow the cobwebs and dust off of it. :banana:

Brads70

I also had the old girl out for a drive. Beautiful time of the year and weather was really nice also!  Drove about 1 1/2 hours out in the country side/farm community. Lots of classic cars and bikes out today. Gotta say some of the bikers were driving like asses , cutting you off ,weaving in and out of traffic, then holding up traffic so their buddies could get in.  :pullinghair:  Usually don't run into that, must be cabin fever? 

JS29

:iagree: It will be worse because of the lock down!  :yes:

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BIGSHCLUNK

I thought I'd at least get NIKKI fired up for the first time this year. 70's here this weekend. back to 30's tomorrow..  :bricks:  So I take a ride to the shop to grab a battery.... think I had one hot that fit...   :Thud:

boydsdodge

The sport bikes were insane on the Parkway down here today. All day rice rockets screaming up and down the DVP, I thought the Indy was on.

7212Mopar

Sunny but windy here in the CA Bay Area. After some yard work in the morning I drove my 73 to SF via HWY 35. A nice and easy drive. Lots of people came out around Golden Gate Park so ran into a little stop and go. Took the city streets back home so it was an hour long drive, not much cars, enjoy every minute of it.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

71340RT

Quote from: Scooter on May 02, 2020, 07:04:55 AM

Here are some pictures of my hood pins under hood and where the lanyards are screwed under the hood. My under hood frame had right where the pin holes were to be. I hope these help with your install.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto