Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Scooter

Quote from: 71340RT on May 04, 2020, 07:24:19 PM
Quote from: Scooter on May 02, 2020, 07:04:55 AM
Quote from: 71340RT on May 01, 2020, 09:18:25 PM
It has a good rumble at idle know with the extreme diablo sport tune in the 5.7 with the new flowtech mufflers. Now I can hear other people talk in the car till I get on it and will be able to live with the longer trips I take with the Challenger.

Nice work, did you fab up the hangers tacked to the mufflers yourself? Don't think I've ever seen that setup before. Which model Flowtech's did you use?

And a seriously OT question. I'm getting ready to drill holes to install hood pins on my 74 bulge hood, would you mind posting up or shooting me a message with a few photos of your install? Curious where you affixed the lanyards under the hood as pins were not a factory option for our year.
Here are some pictures of my hood pins under hood and where the lanyards are screwed under the hood. My under hood frame had right where the pin holes were to be. I hope these help with your install.

Thanks for posting up the photos, very helpful! I pulled the trigger last night. I put my lanyards under the hood in the same location turned to the side, makes them hug the hood a bit better. Quick question on that last photo you posted, what is the function of that bracket just to the right of the pin hole? I don't believe mine has it.

:)

71383bee

Looks sweet!  Nice job. Too bad they didn't option this on our frowning challengers! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Scooter

Quote from: 71383bee on May 05, 2020, 12:46:28 PM
Looks sweet!  Nice job. Too bad they didn't option this on our frowning challengers! 

Factory option would have been nice indeed... stressful as heck drilling holes on your hood...lol.  :o

Mr Lee

Quote from: Scooter on May 05, 2020, 01:32:43 PM

Factory option would have been nice indeed... stressful as heck drilling holes on your hood...lol.  :o

Tell me about it
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Scooter

Quote from: Mr Lee on May 05, 2020, 01:42:11 PM
Quote from: Scooter on May 05, 2020, 01:32:43 PM

Tell me about it

^^^ Heheh. Well the good news for you is you can afford to be off by just a lil bit. If the hole in the hood did not like up with the pin... bad thing.  :))

JS29

Scooter

Quote from: JS29 on May 05, 2020, 02:54:47 PM
That is what body shops are there for!  :yes:

For what the body shops around here charge... I figured if I dorked it up real bad I'd have an excuse to get a shaker hood. Win/win right?  :bradsthumb:

71340RT

Quote from: Scooter on May 05, 2020, 10:28:12 AM
Quote from: 71340RT on May 04, 2020, 07:24:19 PM
Quote from: Scooter on May 02, 2020, 07:04:55 AM
Quote from: 71340RT on May 01, 2020, 09:18:25 PM
It has a good rumble at idle know with the extreme diablo sport tune in the 5.7 with the new flowtech mufflers. Now I can hear other people talk in the car till I get on it and will be able to live with the longer trips I take with the Challenger.

Nice work, did you fab up the hangers tacked to the mufflers yourself? Don't think I've ever seen that setup before. Which model Flowtech's did you use?

And a seriously OT question. I'm getting ready to drill holes to install hood pins on my 74 bulge hood, would you mind posting up or shooting me a message with a few photos of your install? Curious where you affixed the lanyards under the hood as pins were not a factory option for our year.
Here are some pictures of my hood pins under hood and where the lanyards are screwed under the hood. My under hood frame had right where the pin holes were to be. I hope these help with your install.

Thanks for posting up the photos, very helpful! I pulled the trigger last night. I put my lanyards under the hood in the same location turned to the side, makes them hug the hood a bit better. Quick question on that last photo you posted, what is the function of that bracket just to the right of the pin hole? I don't believe mine has it.

:)
The flat bracket is where the rubber hood stop hits. My 73 challenger had the same flat bracket on it to. Glad I could help and yours turned out good.
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

cuda hunter

I drove it.
Like a bat out of hell!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

YellowThumper

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 05, 2020, 10:22:26 PM
I drove it.
Like a bat out of hell!!

LOL! cannot argue that is what its built for...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

gzig5

gzig5

I cleaned up the carnage after the battery exploded. :bricks:
Part of that cleanup included wiping the seat and changing drawers.  It went off like a rifle shot and blew case parts and acid all over the garage.  If the hood was closed I'm sure it would have cracked it.  Apparently the rumors about hydrogen gas build up during charging are true.  Be safe.

Scooter

^^^

#1 Baking soda... lots of it. Or something similar to neutralize the acid.

#2 What the actual heck happened, was the battery on a charger?

:o

gzig5

Yup.  two boxes of baking soda on anything wet and then I pushed it out of the garage and hosed engine compartment and front end down for 15 minutes.

Battery had been going weak and not cranking so it was on the charger overnight and a soon as the key hit the start position, it blew. 

JS29

That same thing happened to me ones.  :o There must have been some sort of arching.  :alan2cents: