Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Wiring and then some more wiring...
Almost there now finally.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Mr Lee

Checkin a few things off the list the last couple days since the new gator top was installed:
Windshield molding clips
Speaker shelf / package tray
Trunk divider - (put some extra sound deadener on that)
Rear interior qtr panel
Door panel with rechromed handle, lock knob, new window crank and woodgrain.  New cat whiskers.
All seatbelts installed.
Hoping to have this thing on the road next week!  Omg.  Its only been 29 years since I bought it.  Can you say ... anxious?!?!  The DMV opens next Monday.  I will be camping out the night before.  Lol. Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Cudajason

I have been working on cleaning up my trans case, well the OD case, for paint and reassembly, not sure what order.

I got a great deal on this unit, but man was she dirty!!!

Its been really hot and humid this weekend, so I did not get as much done as I hoped.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Lee on June 21, 2020, 06:09:51 PM
Checkin a few things off the list the last couple days since the new gator top was installed:
Windshield molding clips
Rear interior qtr panel
Door panel with rechromed handle, lock knob, new window crank and woodgrain.  New cat whiskers.
All seatbelts installed.
Hoping to have this thing on the road next week!  Omg.  Its only been 29 years since I bought it.  Can you say ... anxious?!?!  The DMV opens next Monday.  I will be camping out the night before.  Lol. Jk

Curious who did your seat belts ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FSHTAIL

Bearings packed, seal installed, I found that the seal is the perfect size as an old oil filter cup socket, one pound it was flush.

However I seem to be having dust cap issues, so I went to Home Depot and got creative and found some PVC that fit perfectly around it so I could get a nice even plant with the hammer, but they don't seem like they go deep enough into the Hub from what memory serves.

Are the dorman caps a little too long or something? I don't know...

I'm stuck on this cap issue
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

RUNCHARGER

I've had problems with them before as well. I think I just used the old ones, so sorry no answer for you.
Sheldon

FSHTAIL

Thanks for the reply. 
I'm going to hit a few out of parts stores today and see what I can come up with that isn't dorman.

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 21, 2020, 09:15:56 PM
I've had problems with them before as well. I think I just used the old ones, so sorry no answer for you.
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Mr Lee

Quote from: anlauto on June 21, 2020, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: Mr Lee on June 21, 2020, 06:09:51 PM
Windshield molding clips
Rear interior qtr panel
All seatbelts installed.

Curious who did your seat belts ?
Upholstery Mods and More
Before and after:

Chryco Psycho

A lot of things Dorman carries work just fine but not he dust caps

Mr Lee

Can you trim the dust caps with a dremel or grinder maybe?

Mr Lee

Windshield and backlite glass installed.  Subbed this out.  They did a nice job. Trim went on nicely.  Sigh of relief.

moparcar

Purchased a new QA1 k-member and Borgeson steering box that was used for mock up only off of eBay (plus front QA1 sway bar that was also included but planning on using a Hotchkis instead) and a set of drum brake spindles so I can do the 13" Wilwood brake kit.

:)

Wes

Mr Lee

Today we put the pedal down and made some good progress. I got some help from my two brothers.  We installed the last piece of door glass.  Then I made glass adjustments while they installed the front bumper and valence.  Then we got the turn signals and side markers working after some fiddling, and changing out one of the side marker bezels with a nice spare I had.  Drivers mirror also installed as well as some decals.
The outside of the car is actually finished! :)   It really needs a wash but had to take a few pics.   Pulled it out of the garage, cracked some beers and then just stared at the car for awhile.  This has been a long road.  Almost done.  Finish off the interior tmrw and put on the scat pack decals.

Chryco Psycho

Congrats !! Looks great . almost ready for Carlisle  :bigthumb:

RUNCHARGER

The colours look really good on that car.
Sheldon