Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

32c here today, chiseled out trunk floor spot welds and started prepping for trunk floor welding tomorrow.
Sheldon

Cuda70-74

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 06, 2020, 08:43:54 PM
32c here today, chiseled out trunk floor spot welds and started prepping for trunk floor welding tomorrow.
Can you do me a favor and let me how far in is the center trunk floor brace on your charger?
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

RUNCHARGER

Ha! Already done. Hope these help, just heading out to fire up the Lincoln right now. I woke up at 0530k with an epiphany that the AMD rear crossmember is shaped wrong on top and I think I have to reshape it. Glad I saved the old pieces so I can have a look.
Sheldon

Cuda70-74

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 07, 2020, 07:33:14 AM
Ha! Already done. Hope these help, just heading out to fire up the Lincoln right now. I woke up at 0530k with an epiphany that the AMD rear crossmember is shaped wrong on top and I think I have to reshape it. Glad I saved the old pieces so I can have a look.
Thanks for the pics. I was wondering about the crossmember that goes between the frane rails
1969 mustang
1968 charger

RUNCHARGER

22 5/8" from the rear surface of the gas tank brace to the mounting surface of the framerail that the rear crossmember welds to. It should be in that spot too as the trunk floor has a raised area for it. The one on this car is original never removed from frame rails.
Sheldon

Cuda70-74

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 07, 2020, 07:52:18 PM
22 5/8" from the rear surface of the gas tank brace to the mounting surface of the framerail that the rear crossmember welds to. It should be in that spot too as the trunk floor has a raised area for it. The one on this car is original never removed from frame rails.
Thanks alot
1969 mustang
1968 charger

RUNCHARGER

You're welcome. Let me know if I can help with anything else. I didn't quite get the trunkpan welded in yesterday (new welder didn't have a roller wheel for .023 so that delayed me a bit. Changing dutchman next weekend and then left and right 1/4 skins the weekends after that. Front of car does not need work so any measurements up there are as built from Mopar as well.
Sheldon

340challconvert

Finally getting around to welding in the two piece AMD trunk floor into the A66 convertible!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

gzig5

Removed the rear window in preparation for new quarters and a roof skin.  That was not an easy job by myself with .040" piano wire but it is out in one piece. 

YellowThumper

Quote from: dodj on September 06, 2020, 07:41:03 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on September 06, 2020, 07:09:40 PM
Unplugged some connectors. Removed and reinstalled fuses trying to narrow down shorting fault.
Maybe not related, but in another post you said lights were on dim. You may have a poor ground somewhere, if the 12v is being shared across a couple loads rather than one?
The dim glow was both the dash blinkers at same time. This was with key on. But when car starts they would then be full bright. The dimmer switch would change this as well. Unplugged that switch and they are full bright key on and after start. Definitely believe it is a grounding issue. Going to pull dash and have a look.
As soon as temps goes south of 100deg and now ash and smoke from fires subside.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

71vert340

Painted the 74 Charger. My 14 year old grandson still has to paint the rear quarter end caps on the floor in front of the tire and he has to paint the front and rear valances. Then reassembly. A few small paint mistakes but nothing that can't be fixed. He wants to drive it to school. So, the paint didn't need to be perfect. I taught my youngest son, who's now 34 years old, the same way on a 71 Challenger. Then I give them the car after their sweat equity is in it. My son now wants to repaint the 71 because of the painting mistakes he made when he painted it 17 years ago.
Terry

anlauto

Great you can share your hobby with family like that :twothumbsup:

TX9AAR...your car looks beautiful :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: 71vert340 on September 09, 2020, 09:17:20 AM
Painted the 74 Charger. My 14 year old grandson still has to paint the rear quarter end caps on the floor in front of the tire and he has to paint the front and rear valances. Then reassembly. A few small paint mistakes but nothing that can't be fixed. He wants to drive it to school. So, the paint didn't need to be perfect. I taught my youngest son, who's now 34 years old, the same way on a 71 Challenger. Then I give them the car after their sweat equity is in it. My son now wants to repaint the 71 because of the painting mistakes he made when he painted it 17 years ago.
Terry

Wow @71vert340, that is really impressive!  Kudos to you and your grandson :clapping:  I wish you were my grandfather!

Saw a 70 red challenger on a flatbed tow truck today about 3 miles from home swung a uturn when I could but lost them , dag nabbit.

Scooter

Replaced all the lifters... had a dedder in there somewhere and lifter tap is gone. Just got back from the 40 minute test drive. It's "snowing" ash out tonight.