Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

61K T/A

Finished installing the TVS kit. Now off to the alignment shop.

ec_co

dash trim pieces today doing the VHT wrinkle finish, so far so good (better than expected really, looks almost exactly like the factory finish pieces I had left untouched). had to patch a couple 1/4" holes where my dad drilled in to mount the vacuum guage and a toggle switch, used JB plastic weld with some fiberglass mixed in, looks good and the wrinkle will cover the patches
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Topped the tank with 5 gallons of VP 110 leaded, 30 mile drive, adjusted idle, checked timing , cleaned K&N filter then snapped an exhaust manifold stud.
Still had the turquoise paint on it.

YellowThumper

Piled more stuff on it. Packaging from another project I am desperately trying to keep temporary. A Ford...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

blown motor

I got it out of winter storage, picked up my daughter for lunch and then took it home to meet it's new friend.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Lookin' good there Murray! It must've been the weather, because I was Jonesin' the last two days and finally got the old gal out for a run to the gas station- I seem to do that a lot, eh? I'm trying to make my mind up about wheels and tires and "it ain't easy". Some guy in an S10 wanted me to do a burn out on the main street with a car 4' in front of me, but I need my licence to keep driving my old heap. LOL   :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

Well it was FINALLY a nice day ( cloudy but no rain!) so I decided to work on my K-frame project again. It was a bit of a tricky set up to hold everything but I won in the end. Calipers are 2005 Mercedes AMG something or other? 8 piston Brembo's . They use 8 pads in total. Should be enough brakes? Rotors are Wilwood 13" , spindles are off a Cup road race car, hubs I made out of aluminum, one because of weight. The Nascar stuff is too heavy, and second to use the 4 1/2" bolt pattern. 
I've been pretty stressed out lately , I needed some "Me time" in the garage, sort of therapy for me! A diversion of sorts..

IMNCARN82

Nice Brad !! :bradsthumb:

took her out today!   Show at the Harley dealer.

R/T
round tail lights forever !!

Cuda Cody

Man, you got some skills!   :bravo:

Quote from: Brads70 on May 13, 2017, 06:45:08 PM
Well it was FINALLY a nice day ( cloudy but no rain!) so I decided to work on my K-frame project again. It was a bit of a tricky set up to hold everything but I won in the end. Calipers are 2005 Mercedes AMG something or other? 8 piston Brembo's . They use 8 pads in total. Should be enough brakes? Rotors are Wilwood 13" , spindles are off a Cup road race car, hubs I made out of aluminum, one because of weight. The Nascar stuff is too heavy, and second to use the 4 1/2" bolt pattern. 
I've been pretty stressed out lately , I needed some "Me time" in the garage, sort of therapy for me! A diversion of sorts..

Cuda Cody

Looking good!   :lookatthat:  Really nice man.   :drooling:

Quote from: IMNCARN82 on May 13, 2017, 07:36:07 PM
Nice Brad !! :bradsthumb:

took her out today!   Show at the Harley dealer.

R/T

61K T/A

CudaMoparRay

Re-installed a new and upgraded electric windshield washer reservoir and installed a radiator coolant overflow tank in a '71 that did not come with either.
It did have a manual pump though which I will now remove and sell after covering it up with some kind of cover plate.
Interesting in that I have seen the windshield reservoir used in many Mopars as the coolant overflow tank by mistake therefore eliminating the washer function.
The older ones just had the radiator overflow hose run directly to the ground.

Marc70challenger

Quote from: 73440 on May 06, 2017, 03:42:00 PM
Topped the tank with 5 gallons of VP 110 leaded, 30 mile drive, adjusted idle, checked timing , cleaned K&N filter then snapped an exhaust manifold stud.
Still had the turquoise paint on it.

What CR are you running?

YellowThumper

Changed to a new voltage regulator.
One I had on it would charge @16+ volts. Replaced it with one I have had kicking around for a long time. It would only charge 12~14v. Hopefully 3rd one will be juuussst riiiggghhhttt.

Bolted in my repaired radiator. All I need now is to connect fan wiring and fillerup. Turbos and Fi still on hold for a while. But I will get to drive it soon again. :ohyeah:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.