Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on April 08, 2021, 04:50:29 PM
Glad to see you keep getting work Alan.  :twothumbsup:
"keep getting work" ???   :huh: I got more work on my plate right now then I want...I only took this job, because the guy wouldn't stop calling and he needs it done ASAP...

no covid lock down here  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

rikkitik

7E-Bodies

The numbers matching 440 got her basement refurbished after a .020 over. Head assembly next.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

jimynick

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on April 09, 2021, 09:26:50 PM
The numbers matching 440 got her basement refurbished after a .020 over. Head assembly next.
Looks good! Are you going to paint it inside and out? The old Gylptal trick?  check it out. https://youtu.be/_LUtQguhxmw?t=74
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

Got my old girl out for the first time this season. Went for a drive with some friends! Buddy sent me these pictures of my car. Mikes  68 R/T Charger 440-4 speed and Al's 70 twister with a 440 -4 speed.  The twister sure is one clean well put together car! Wow I was impressed, he just bought it last fall. This was my first time seeing it. 

jimynick

Out to the garage for more trim painting. I got the frt and rear valances painted inside and the hood hinges and hood inserts also squirted. Straight black, this time! Getting to be time to re-assemble the old gal and try to get a half decent fit; but maybe I should do like the factory did and just throw the damn thing together, eh?  :bigthumb:

Cudajason

I got a bunch of garage time over the weekend.

Saturday I switched out the crappy plastic float on the fuel sender to a  new brass one I have had  on a shelf for a few years.  I tried to adjust the float a bit to get a more accurate fuel level.  Not sure that will work, but the plastic float had a bit of gas in it, so probably a good thing I switched it out.   

Sunday I reinstalled the exhaust system,  need one more clamp and adjust the mufflers to finish it off.  Then on to the next project, prime my rear valance.

Warm weather looks like it is here to stay, so hope to get it out for a spin soon.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on April 12, 2021, 06:51:15 PM
I got a bunch of garage time over the weekend.

Saturday I switched out the crappy plastic float on the fuel sender to a  new brass one I have had  on a shelf for a few years.  I tried to adjust the float a bit to get a more accurate fuel level.  Not sure that will work, but the plastic float had a bit of gas in it, so probably a good thing I switched it out.   

Sunday I reinstalled the exhaust system, need one more clamp and adjust the mufflers to finish it off.  Then on to the next project, prime my rear valance.

Warm weather looks like it is here to stay, so hope to get it out for a spin soon.

Jason

I know a guy... https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1556955549&siteLocale=en_CA   :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YellowThumper

Stare at it when working another project...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

DrEamer

FINELY got the serpentine belt set up done. I may have a little shimming, but the big battle is done! :banana:

jimynick

Just another 3 hours sanding on the header getting it ready to re-install so that I can reassemble the frt end and start trying for a half decent fit before it gets painted complete. That's the most work I've invested in a "header" in years.  8)

cuda hunter

I registered my ebody for carlisle today.  Does that count for doing something to it?  Preparing it for a 30 hour drive.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Well it's been ten days, but I got this Cuda put back together for the guy after a couple of shops had given up....I used "customer supplied parts" so don't comment on the wrong seats and such.... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Scroll back in this thread to April 8th to see before pictures....going to deliver it tomorrow so I can get back to work on that Resto-mod :banana:

YellowThumper

Bit of a systems check in preparation for a drive to Simi Valley next weekend. Probably 1.5 hour drive.
Happy to note it fired right up from sitting a couple months.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.