Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I took this old starter out of my 71 newport "jabberjaw". https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/1971-newport-custom-jabberjaw.63087/

Does the torn gasket make a difference as to whether I should reinstall this starter?

I purchased a new mini but realized that the starter is not the issue.  I am thinking I have a battery cable issue. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparsNBurnouts

I put on my new FireCore wires, put on my new crush can, put on my new tuff wheel, put in a new poly trans. mount, and put in a new mini starter. Just need to finish up my 3" TTi exhaust install now and get my Nitto NT555 G2's and 17" staggered Year One Rallyes mounted :ohyeah:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440

MoparsNBurnouts

Finally got my new 17" Year One Rallye's on! Mounted on Nitto NT555 G2's, 245/45/17 and 275/40/17. Can't wait to finally get it on the ground  :bradsthumb: I swapped out the Dynomax Super Turbo's from the TTi kit for Flowmaster Super 40's; sounds way better! However now they are very close to the driveshaft gotta fix that first, and then get the 3" tips expanded to 3" I.D. not O.D.

jimynick

It was "one more brick in the wall" for me, as son Nick and I spent about 3 hours pushing, adjusting, bending, beating, jacking, coaxing and cussing, but I think we finally got as good a fit as possible on the old crate. The ancient collision damage reared it's ugly head at the rt door/fndr/rckr junction, but I've reached the point where enough's enough, and I said to Nick that if I caught some arse measuring the gaps, that I'd kick him right in the aforementioned arse and that "it was good enough for the girls I went with" Now to fix the damage done fitting it and hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, get the old "boite de merde" into the paint shop. Please God!! :fingerscrossed:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Took the Challenger on a solo run Friday and the Charger yesterday. Heading out soon with the Challenger to put some miles on with a couple other forum members.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Went to a local cruize night with a few Mopar buddies last night. Fun night!

RJChallenger

I started year 38 or is that year 39 of my restoration project this weekend. Test fitted both rear frame rails to the car. Drilled holes  for the trunk floor gas tank braces and spot welded them in place. This cars been tankless for  35 plus years, but no more, Re installed the gas tank and filler neck to make every will line up later, Just waiting now for a few more clamps and next weekend I will start welding in the frame rails .

MoparsNBurnouts

Detailed her for the show this morning. Still need to lower her a little bit.

GrandpaKevin

Not Mopar related but pulled my 80's old school muscle boat out of my storage garage after 6 years and did a tune up and change of fluids.

The only GM power vehicle I own right now, fired right up and purred like a kitten. :twothumbsup:

Gonna drop it in the lake tomorrow to see if it still floats.....wish me luck.

jimynick

As per request, bon voyage Kevin! As for me, son Nick and I spent another 4+ hours sanding even more putty and beauty marks and then we ended up masking about 1/2 the car and sprayed on what (God willing!) may be the last primer. Tomorrow I'll get the sanding blocks back out and make more dust, sigh.  :tired:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda70-74

Got the charger in the garage got to do a rear frame rail replacement and got the gen 3 hemi 3 running
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

soundcontrol

Took the Barracuda to our local weekly "cars and coffee" meet, some nice cars there! The 71 Convertible was on a rotisserie just 6 months ago! Wish I was that fast.

anlauto

I believe that white convertible is my old car almost, what do you think @Desmond ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Desmond

Yes, except for the go-wing "our"  :D car would have looked exactly like that one restored