Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

"He's not thrilled about the grandson learning on his car." What if HIS old man had've felt the same way? I know he's your son, but to not be inclusive with both the next generation and his own son; is short sighted to me. Be happy the boy's got the bug and be happy that there's someone there who'll have skin in the game when his dad's time is over. I put my money where my mouth is; last weekend my son Jimmy got married, and guess who's just-finished Challenger he drove as a wedding car?  :yes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

71vert340

Quote from: jimynick on September 10, 2021, 06:29:29 PM
"He's not thrilled about the grandson learning on his car." What if HIS old man had've felt the same way? I know he's your son, but to not be inclusive with both the next generation and his own son; is short sighted to me. Be happy the boy's got the bug and be happy that there's someone there who'll have skin in the game when his dad's time is over. I put my money where my mouth is; last weekend my son Jimmy got married, and guess who's just-finished Challenger he drove as a wedding car?  :yes:

The grandson who helped with the oil change lives here in Washington state with our daughter. My son lives in Virginia so this is his nephew. The car is stored at our daughters house here in Washington so my grandson sees it all the time and wants to drive it. This grandson has also helped me on a 74 Charger Rallye which will be his eventually but he really wants to lean to drive a manual transmission car.
Terry W.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

benguin

Removed and polished the lower windshield molding (for the first time EVER since 1977).  Finally installed the AAR washer nozzles, and  Roseville supplied washer hose clips and washer hose.

Almost to start up time- need to get 5-10 gallons of local no-ethanol premium in the tank.

jimynick

Today was brakes day for my old F150, and son Nick and I got into the rear brakes and realized we needed a combi-kit, so to kill two birds with one stone, I jumped in the Challenger, coveralls and all, and took it out to Parts Source. It was fun to see the expression on the counterman's face and he asked about it with a dreamy expression. Back home, parked the old girl in the drive and back to back "braking" work. LOL Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

It was a good weekend car wise. Took the Challenger to the local cruize nite on Saturday, then spent most of the day at another show in Loretto about 50 minutes each way. It was a great weekend for burning up some fuel!  :D

340challconvert

Starting to test fit and tack weld the bottom quarter panel patches on the A66
2nd pic is what originally existed!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

Left side trunk extension bottom; welding patch before installing quarter panel lower patch!

Msbaugh440

Quote from: 340challconvert on September 12, 2021, 05:29:18 PM
Left side trunk extension bottom; welding patch before installing quarter panel lower patch!

Would you recommend a patch repair like that on both the trunk extension and the lower quarter? I have similar rust on mine but only on the lower portion like you. Having a hard time deciding if I need to just replace the whole quarter and extension or patch like you (my trunk pan also needs to be replaced)

Cuda70-74

Trying to figure out how my linkage goes together
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Blake@diyhemi.com

Installed vintage air in the AAR * gasp*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Blake@diyhemi.com

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cuda70-74

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on September 14, 2021, 06:01:46 PM

Is it a easy install
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

340challconvert

Quote from: Msbaugh440 on September 14, 2021, 05:27:45 PM
Quote from: 340challconvert on September 12, 2021, 05:29:18 PM

Would you recommend a patch repair like that on both the trunk extension and the lower quarter? I have similar rust on mine but only on the lower portion like you. Having a hard time deciding if I need to just replace the whole quarter and extension or patch like you (my trunk pan also needs to be replaced)
I installed a two piece AMD trunk floor and a new right side extension. The left trunk extension was solid up top, but rotted at the bottom; hence the patch. My quarters were both good except at the bottom. I picked up AMD qtr patches and used the cut out panels as a template. I originally was going to replace both trunk extensions; I left the left side extension in while installing the floor and right extension because it served as a placement guide for the floor install. It was about the same amount of welding to patch the extension vs. installing a full extension panel.  Leave one of the extensions in as a guide after you cut the floor out. Less guess work on correct fitment. All being equal, I would replace both extensions. Patch the bottoms of the quarter panels so long as the top sections are in good condition. Buy AMD; they fit better but still need tweaking.  This is the first time I have done this type of work so I took my time in measuring and cutting.

dodj

Left it in the garage while the wife and I went out and hammered the walleye.
Eating well tonight.  :banana:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill