Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

YellowThumper

Spent some quality time in the trunk getting rid of original gasket.
Went on a fairly long drive a few months ago and the wife accused me of trying asphyxiate her. Wife needs to be happy (and alive apparently)
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

DeathProofCuda

@340challconvert Have you posted any pics of your two piece trunk floor installation? I'll be taking on that work soon for my Cuda, so would be interested to see how your experience went.

1973Cuda

Installed reconstructed fender tag (from build sheet) from MMC Detroit,LLC as mine was missing. My guess is it was removed when painted and never replaced...

Brads70

Fun day today went to a car show Murray organized, great to see Ian, Murray and Jason again! I also met a couple other guys from on here but can't remember theirs names. ( I'm horrible at new names!)
Fun day almost 5 hours driving time and a tank of fuel . This is what they were made for!  Lots of nice Mopars at this show and other makes too.
Loved this beautiful 70 Road Runner!

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on September 14, 2021, 06:03:12 PM
Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on September 14, 2021, 06:01:46 PM
Installed vintage air in the AAR * gasp*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it a easy install
Not too bad.

My only advice is to call them and piece together a set over the phone with them.

Their sure fit series for a non-AC car comes with a condenser setup for a 22" radiator opening.

All the performance cars out there that were non ac cars had 26" radiators, like the AAR and TA.

Thus you need the condenser kit from the vintage air kit for factory AC cars, because they come with 26" radiator opening brackets.

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Blake@diyhemi.com

Is it a easy install
Not too bad.

My only advice is to call them and piece together a set over the phone with them.

Their sure fit series for a non-AC car comes with a condenser setup for a 22" radiator opening.

All the performance cars out there that were non ac cars had 26" radiators, like the AAR and TA.

Thus you need the condenser kit from the vintage air kit for factory AC cars, because they come with 26" radiator opening brackets.

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on September 18, 2021, 02:31:51 PM
Fun day today went to a car show Murray organized, great to see Ian, Murray and Jason again! I also met a couple other guys from on here but can't remember theirs names. ( I'm horrible at new names!)
Fun day almost 5 hours driving time and a tank of fuel . This is what they were made for!  Lots of nice Mopars at this show and other makes too.
Loved this beautiful 70 Road Runner!

I killed some bugs, mostly on the way home. Mark of a good day!!!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

71vert340

My grandson and I installed new door seals on the Charger. It was more difficult for my grandson to do than he thought it would be, so I got to do most of it but he learned.
Terry W.

YellowThumper

Finished the gasket install.
Made sure the split seam is tight and glued together.
Looking closely at lid you can clearly see the fume intrusion discoloration at the old seam line.
On a different subject. Check out my factory jack instructions. Installed upside down....
Production quality at its finest.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

340challconvert

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on September 16, 2021, 08:22:34 AM
@340challconvert Have you posted any pics of your two piece trunk floor installation? I'll be taking on that work soon for my Cuda, so would be interested to see how your experience went.
Have pics of work from start to finish
Center of the two panels had to be adjusted to fit at both wheel wells and the center between the two trunk pieces. There was a slight overlap in the center where I welded the two panels together. Fit the panels in first and marked underneath, drilled holes in the panels to line up with the frame rails then plug welded the floor in.
I would be glad to send you more if it would be helpful.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

One more pic just prior to welding. Held panel in, flat with sheet metal screws and washers.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Jay Bee

Technically, not "Today" but didn't have time to post last night. Monday night cruise-in at Merrittville Speedway.
Youtube video is from 2 weeks ago but it's pretty much the same every Monday. You might recognize a car at the 8:05 mark

70rag383

Quote from: Jay Bee on September 21, 2021, 06:02:49 AM
Technically, not "Today" but didn't have time to post last night. Monday night cruise-in at Merrittville Speedway.
Youtube video is from 2 weeks ago but it's pretty much the same every Monday. You might recognize a car at the 8:05 mark

Hey Jay Bee, that looks like a fun cruise night with some really nice cars.  How many more are scheduled for this year? Thinking of making the trip from TO to Thorold.

Brosejw

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on September 18, 2021, 11:15:41 PM

Is it a easy install
Not too bad.

Great info!  Glad I read this, because I'm in the market for A/C on my Non-AC Challenger.

Jay Bee

Quote from: 70rag383 on September 21, 2021, 07:54:53 AM
Hey Jay Bee, that looks like a fun cruise night with some really nice cars.  How many more are scheduled for this year? Thinking of making the trip from TO to Thorold.
That was the last official one for this year.