Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

usraptor

My wife and I braved the triple digit temperatures to take my Triple Black, non-AC '70 'Cuda to the Payson, Utah, Onion Days Car Show and were honored to win the "People's Choice" Award/Trophy today.  Even though we don't go to these show to win awards, it always nice when all your hard work is recognized and appreciated by those in attendance.

MKA

Now that's a cool trophy to go with a cool car.

Washed both today.   And did a grocery run.  Labor Day  :banana:

Dakota

We had a bunch of rain today which washed out my outdoor "honey do" project, so I was finally able to swap in a new master cylinder from Dr Diff (Cass was great to deal with, to the surprise of no one).   The old one was leaking fluid out of the booster side, which, combined with my brake pedal bottoming out, indicated it was time for it to go.   Between a little bit of travel to meet our newest grandkids, waiting on parts and other things to do around the house, I haven't driven the Challenger for almost a month.  That dripping DOT3 sure did a number on some of the paint underneath the booster.   :headbang:   

With my better half's help, I'll bleed the brakes tomorrow and hopefully get the car rolling again.  Our driving season is getting short as "fall" around here tends to be a couple of windy weekends followed by winter.

Then there's that Tremec TKX sitting in boxes in the garage.....

Cudajason

Quote from: Jay Bee on September 03, 2022, 01:31:04 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on September 02, 2022, 07:45:32 PM
I wrapped up my hydro boost project and actually took my cuda for a spin...
Sounds like it'll make it for the first day of school  :woohoo:

Thanks to a little late evening wrench time last night , we made it!  Took the little man to school, vintage style as he would say, and then I went for a drive.

Car ran good...brakes worked.  Not perfect yet, but I like them better the standard brakes I had.

might do a few things today as I am off work.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

:worship: awesome.....I'm driving my kid to London today, but he got so much junk, I need to take my truck  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

My wife and I took the 'Cuda and our 2019 RT Scat Pak Challenger to the Woodland Hills Days car show and we were honored that the 'Cuda received the "Best Mopar" award. 

torredcuda

Three car shows (OK technically one was a crusie night) in one day! First show was only 40 or so cars, probably due to 3 or 4 shows in the area,  so after an hour I decided to try another one. Second show was better, saw a couple friends, a superbird, road runner `vert and some other nice cars. Last one was a cruise night I hadn`t been to so decided to check it out, good turnout and lot`s of burnouts leaving (possible me included  :burnout: ). Good time, burned some gas and rubber, burgers and cotton candy, sorry I suck at taking pics.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

torredcuda

Mine and buddy's 340 Duster, original owner
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Duodec

Purchased a 46RH lockup transmission core for rebuilding into a replacement for the stock trans on my '71.
Also got a question answered here about 318 engine exhaust valve OAL differences through the years.

chargerdon

Took the 74 chally to a straight long flat road with near zero traffic.   Using the Track Addict app on my cell phone ran an 1/8 mile run.   330 mark was 5.6 secs and 66 mph, and 1/8 mile in 8.6 at 84.8 mph.   I need better tires for traction had to feather it until about 20 mph.  Not bad for a 360/408 LA with 3.23 rear end .

It was fun... just glad the wife doesn't know...lol 

Scooter

Quote from: chargerdon on September 19, 2022, 07:54:17 AM
Took the 74 chally to a straight long flat road with near zero traffic.   Using the Track Addict app on my cell phone ran an 1/8 mile run.   330 mark was 5.6 secs and 66 mph, and 1/8 mile in 8.6 at 84.8 mph.   I need better tires for traction had to feather it until about 20 mph.  Not bad for a 360/408 LA with 3.23 rear end .

It was fun... just glad the wife doesn't know...lol

No way in hell I'm installing an app to collect that type of telemetry about how I drive on the street... google already tracks where ya go.  :))

Cudajason

Quote from: Duodec on September 18, 2022, 02:00:32 PM
Purchased a 46RH lockup transmission core for rebuilding into a replacement for the stock trans on my '71.
Also got a question answered here about 318 engine exhaust valve OAL differences through the years.

You will not regret that swap!  best thing I ever did to my Cuda!

Lots of folks on here have done it, post questions if you have them.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

So my main mechanic/ex-brother-in-law Mike  called me this week wanting to go to a car show today...He built his 71 Cuda clone 19 years ago, and the car NEVER gets out....so I jumped at the idea, as our cars have never met, but I thought they would make a great couple...I waited until the end of the day to snap these pics (okay I almost forgot to take pics)  ::)

I tell you though....I drove it for over an hour to get there with the top/windows down in 46*F temps this morning at 7:30.....my ears are still numb :haha: :haha:

...oh...1700+ kms on the ol' gal now :stayinlane:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I got my neglected 6 pack cars out in recent weeks.  I have been alternating between my convertible and the Magnum all season, I like the fresh air and sunshine so top down with my convertible and T Tops off with the Magnum is how I usually roll.
But I got the '71 Challenger out of storage and trailered it down to Moparty.  Had a great time and all went well!
Then this last Saturday I got the T/A fired up and drove it to what was to be the last cruise in my town.  They announced there they are adding another week, so it was the second to last cruise in my town.  Sad things are wrapping up, but I won't be kicking myself for totally neglecting the T/A.

71vert340

Got the Challenger and the Charger out in the sunshine today. First time the Challenger has been out since 2019 and the Charger since 2007. Also some great people from the local Mopar club came over and we put my 4 post lift together in my shop. It's been a great day.
Terry W.