Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Designing custom Rallyes for when I start working on it again.
17x7 steel mimicking the originals as much as possible.
Posted images before. Design is now more refined to match the final outcome. Almost ready for wire EDM work.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

gzig5

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 31, 2022, 09:20:26 PM
Designing custom Rallyes for when I start working on it again.
17x8 steel mimicking the originals as much as possible.
Posted images before. Design is now more refined to match the final outcome. Almost ready for wire EDM work.
Looks like a neat project.  Are you modifying an existing wheel or making a new center that will be welded in?

YellowThumper

Modifying an existing wheel.
Salvage yard steel wheels off of later model Dodges with hubcaps.
Existing wheel has 10 round holes. Modeled up the triangle(ish) shape to be larger than hole.
Eyebrow cut above it is nothing more than a slice that will allow me to bend it outward mimicking the bump that Rallyes have. Slice will then be welded up and blended.
Center area fits the center caps exactly the same as the Rallys.
Wheel is sorted in my head.
So far I have not been able to find beauty rings for the 17" diameter. Probably will end up making those as well.
Already designing a roller to form them.

Mike.

soundcontrol

Got some primer inside the 65 Barracuda, 2 tone design.  ::)

gzig5

Quote from: YellowThumper on September 01, 2022, 06:51:38 AM
Existing wheel has 10 round holes. Modeled up the triangle(ish) shape to be larger than hole.
Eyebrow cut above it is nothing more than a slice that will allow me to bend it outward mimicking the bump that Rallyes have. Slice will then be welded up and blended.
So far I have not been able to find beauty rings for the 17" diameter. Probably will end up making those as well.
That's my kind of project!  Good luck and keep the progress reports coming.

Brads70

Cool project!  :bradsthumb:  What are they off of?

dodj

Quote from: soundcontrol on September 02, 2022, 09:05:04 AM
I remember that cuda was red before? Is the topcoat gonna be red again? Or something your wife prefers?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

I took the Charger out this evening. Still on the first tank of gas this year. The paint is so nice that I kind of hate driving it because I've seen what ten years of driving has done to the Challenger but damn that car is fun to drive. :burnout:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Quote from: Brads70 on September 02, 2022, 02:50:47 PM

Cool project!  :bradsthumb:  What are they off of?

Later model full size Dodges. Think a couple came off of a Magnum. Lower models with the hubcap covers.
They are 7" wide. I went back and edited my original post stating 8".
Low on the priority list is widening them like I did the 15" ones I have on back now.
Split the ring offset between two and weld to widen them.
Two hoops to make 1.
Way too many other details to ko before any widening.

Mike.

Cudajason

I wrapped up my hydro boost project and actually took my cuda for a spin...also washed it.  I also cleaned up my garage.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

soundcontrol

Quote from: dodj on September 02, 2022, 02:57:00 PM
Quote from: soundcontrol on September 02, 2022, 09:05:04 AM
I remember that cuda was red before? Is the topcoat gonna be red again? Or something your wife prefers?

First she wanted a champange color, now she changed her mind, it's gonna be white pearl exterior.
Inside the car and in engine compartment I'm just gonna go plain white, doing that myself, leaving the exterior to a friend that has a paint shop.
Gonna look sharp, white pearl with a brand new red interior.

dodj

Quote from: soundcontrol on September 03, 2022, 03:50:59 AM
First she wanted a champange color, now she changed her mind, it's gonna be white pearl exterior.
Inside the car and in engine compartment I'm just gonna go plain white, doing that myself, leaving the exterior to a friend that has a paint shop.
Gonna look sharp, white pearl with a brand new red interior.
Yup, that'll really pop.  :bigthumb:
As you can tell by my avatar I'm kind of partial to white myself...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

I have the Challenger out today. Headed north up through the country for two hours and then went west and looped backed down along Lake Huron. Just stopped for brew. Another hour and I'll be home. Car is running good, weather is good, beer is good, life's good!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Jay Bee

Quote from: Cudajason on September 02, 2022, 07:45:32 PM
I wrapped up my hydro boost project and actually took my cuda for a spin...
Sounds like it'll make it for the first day of school  :woohoo: 

cuda hunter

I wiped my 70 M46 down.  Removed some dirt and rubber. 
Replaced the oltima agm battery.  I left the on/off switch in the on position and it drained the battery to zero.  Would not register in my garage or the autozone.  Replaced again. 
That car has a terrible parasite that lives in it. 
I also think the toyota alternator has given up the ghost.  That's the next check. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee