Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on November 08, 2022, 03:34:10 PM
Quote from: dodj on November 08, 2022, 03:22:00 PM
Quote from: HP2 on November 06, 2022, 03:40:12 PM
IMO, its sad Mopar never had a small car along the lines of the Pinto, Vega, Monza. The Colt/Cricket combo just seemed much smaller than those former three.
I liked the Monza....Pinto and Vega didn't do anything for me. A friend of mine way back had a Monza with a V6. Quite a little screamer. Today, a different friend has one with a 350 in it. It moves along ok...lol

I agree, I thought the Monza wasn't a bad looking car.... for a Chevy LOL   I guess the closest think Mopar made to compare with that size of car was the A-body's? Although they were a bigger car?  The Colt, Cricket, and Arrow were smaller than a Monza ? No?  IMO those "Mopars" were nothing to brag about....
What about the late '70's Challenger?....lol....quite a little $h!tB0x...compares with the pinto...lol
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

The Monza was also available with a 262 V8 and they went pretty good. I had one as a loaner car twice and you could blow off the Ford 5.0s without too much effort.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Filled the tank and put stabilizer in the 74 and 12 Challengers.  😔
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

71vert340

Stabilizer in both tanks and both 71s are ready for the winter. Tomorrow, another Challenger goes on the empty stall side to start a 2 year street resto with the grandson. It's a 72 that he wants to make into a 70. We'll see how it goes.
Terry W.

57Fury440

Took a drive to my friend's shop and got the inspection done. The car gets lots of attention when it comes out. You do not see too many E bodies on the streets around here.

dodj

Quote from: 57Fury440 on November 10, 2022, 07:45:07 PM
Took a drive to my friend's shop and got the inspection done. The car gets lots of attention when it comes out. You do not see too many E bodies on the streets around here.
Same around here. This summer (Not counting car shows) I saw a grand total of two other classic Mopars being driven. One was a Plum Crazy '70 340 'cuda, and the other was pre 1970 convertible Barracuda. I still get "Nice Charger"... :Thud: Nothing against Charger's, but they aren't even similar! Well, they are both very cool.  8)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Weather forcast, looks like today will be the last nice day so I too did the fuel stabilizer thing and put her to bed for the winter.

Dakota

Quote from: Brads70 on November 11, 2022, 04:51:18 AM
Weather forcast, looks like today will be the last nice day so I too did the fuel stabilizer thing and put her to bed for the winter.

Same here.    :(. I'm just glad that's all this rain has not changed to lumpy white stuff. 

dodj

Lumpy white stuff up here... :tired:

Well...I bought a Jeep TJ in the summer so I'm gonna go see how it likes snow.

71vert340

Next project was put into my shop today. Let the fun begin.
Terry W.

dodj

I keep thinking that all the project cars must be either fixed up or parted out by now...ebodies are a pretty low production musclecar compared to Mustangs and Camaros...how many can be left still....and then someone posts up another project to build.
@71vert340  :clapping: Congrats on scoring a project car. What are your plans for it?

71vert340

@dodj . I'll start a thread on the build for it and keep people who are interested updated.
Terry W.

anlauto

Helped a friend install his front bumper and valance on his original FJ6 BS27N1B  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

Lots of cool signs in that garage
Car looks great too. Nice color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

dodj

Put the cover on it...

No more   :burnout:  until May..... :tired: