Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mtull, YellowThumper, RUNCHARGER and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

70_440-6Cuda

Ya, I noticed that I messed that up pretty good later on....thanks! :looney:
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

soundcontrol

Winter sleep for the Barracuda. It's been out in the rain for a while and passenger rear floor was all soaked. Had to dry it out before I stored it.
need to find the leak, it's not a clogged up quarter panel pocket under the window, I fixed that earlier.
I think its the rust under the rear window, I did "fix" it with black duct tape but it kinda came off :)

70_440-6Cuda

I took my boy out for his first drive behind the wheel of the 'Cuda... he is only 13 but I taught him to drive a manual Mini Cooper when he was 10 - ever since then he is always asking to "practice" driving so i let him move the cars around to park them when I can.  Totally worth it to hear him say his legs were shaking afterwards from pure excitement... fun stuff - now we planning on a tear down and bring it back to a more original appearance...
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

e_body70

Met some of the guys to cruise to a winery for some wine tasting

chargerdon

Was taking my 74 Challenger to a "trunk and treat" Halloween candy give out, when the passenger rear tire went flat.   So put on my donut mini spare and drove home.   Bummer..

Then in examining the tire the sideway was messed up and i thought it had blown out.   Nope, turns out the valve had come loose and deflated it...so tightened the valve and pump it up and it held air.    MMM   Now the rears are six years old and only have about 25% tread left anyways...  so ordered a new pair of tires for the back...Cooper GT radials which will come in on tuesday or wed.   

So, today im going to put that bad tire back on and do a 100 ft burnout on my street which is a cul-de-sac..   My grandkids will love it !!

Swamp Donkey

One year to the day my Cuda is painted and ready for re-assembly.  Let the good times begin!  Last picture really shows the green.

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on October 30, 2021, 08:09:18 PM
Guess I should add a picture. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

gzig5

Quote from: 70_440-6Cuda on October 24, 2022, 01:22:37 PM
I took my boy out for his first drive behind the wheel of the 'Cuda... he is only 13 but I taught him to drive a manual Mini Cooper when he was 10 - ever since then he is always asking to "practice" driving so i let him move the cars around to park them when I can.  Totally worth it to hear him say his legs were shaking afterwards from pure excitement... fun stuff - now we planning on a tear down and bring it back to a more original appearance...
@70_440-6Cuda What hood is on your car?  Do you have a pic somewhere?  I might be playing with a dual carb tunnel ram and I'm looking at options for hood scoops to keep it covered.  Looks like that might be tall enough.

torredcuda

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on October 30, 2022, 03:56:14 PM
One year to the day my Cuda is painted and ready for re-assembly.  Let the good times begin!  Last picture really shows the green.

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on October 30, 2021, 08:09:18 PM
Guess I should add a picture. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy painted his Monza HOK green, came out nice and the green fit his name of Empty Pocket$.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

HP2

IMO, its sad Mopar never had a small car along the lines of the Pinto, Vega, Monza. The Colt/Cricket combo just seemed much smaller than those former three.

blown motor

I met a buddy with a 70 Chevelle and after an hour of driving we threw our support into the Ontario craft brewing industry. A beautiful November day like this needs to celebrated.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

71-440

Had some time tonight to work on the car. I have been slammed with work the past week and a half. :)

Business has been up and down all year.

Got the other side of the center link disconnected and got the bolts out of the oil pan. Those front bolts over the K frame were a little bit of a pain. Had to move the
tranny lines some. Took the oil filter off to get that front one from the top.

It sucks working on your back even with the car jacked up not a hell of a lot of room to maneuver. And my back ain't what is used to be.
I think it will clear the headers though. I have time tomorrow morning
to get that pan off.

Joe

Joe

dodj

Couple days ago went out to top up the tank before winter slumber. I have been busy with camp and fishing and shooting so never had the car out too much this summer. But blasting around with the 440 on song and maybe a little disregard for the speed limit was an awesome time. Made me think I should have taken a break from some of those other activities and put more miles on the Challenger! Made a note to spend more time wearing out tires next summer. :burnout:  And premium will be 25 bucks a gallon....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

71-440

Got back under the car this morning. Got the pan out and found the bolt.
Came out without touching the headers. A little bit of prying but not bad.
The windage tray is still attached to the block so I scraped off all the old gasket. Love the taste of old gasket in the morning...
The oil in the bottom of the pan looked black and thick like sludge.  :notsure: Also a couple pieces of soft plastic or maybe gasket?
I hope that's not a sign of something else wrong.

Here are some pics.

Joe
Joe

dodj

Quote from: HP2 on November 06, 2022, 03:40:12 PM
IMO, its sad Mopar never had a small car along the lines of the Pinto, Vega, Monza. The Colt/Cricket combo just seemed much smaller than those former three.
I liked the Monza....Pinto and Vega didn't do anything for me. A friend of mine way back had a Monza with a V6. Quite a little screamer. Today, a different friend has one with a 350 in it. It moves along ok...lol
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on November 08, 2022, 03:22:00 PM
Quote from: HP2 on November 06, 2022, 03:40:12 PM
I liked the Monza....Pinto and Vega didn't do anything for me. A friend of mine way back had a Monza with a V6. Quite a little screamer. Today, a different friend has one with a 350 in it. It moves along ok...lol

I agree, I thought the Monza wasn't a bad looking car.... for a Chevy LOL   I guess the closest think Mopar made to compare with that size of car was the A-body's? Although they were a bigger car?  The Colt, Cricket, and Arrow were smaller than a Monza ? No?  IMO those "Mopars" were nothing to brag about....